Employees of all stores--post your stupid customer stories-- Numero Quatro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he works in the south.

[quote name='Allnatural']I have a friend that works at Home Depot. One day, a woman comes in looking for a generator. Apparently the power was frequently going out in her small, outlying town. So my friend was showing her the models they carry, and this is where the conversation went:

lady "What does it mean when it says 'seven gallon tank.'"

friend "Uh, it means it can hold seven gallons of gas."

lady "Gas? Why would it need gas?"

friend "It's a generator. How else would it produce electricity?"

lady "I thought you just plugged it in."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ironmouse']I bet he works in the south.[/quote]

I assume you're not from the south which proves that stupidity knows no geographical boundaries.

dahm tax free weekend is this weekend and if one lady pisses me off, i'll tell her off, idc anymore.

This lady starts freaking yelling at me because i wouldn't sell her a ralph lauren polo shirt for 2 dollars. Lady we're cheap just not that cheap.

[quote name='neocisco']I assume you're not from the south which proves that stupidity knows no geographical boundaries.[/quote]

i think he meant "works in the south" as in... you know... the "rear end"??

I JUST KEEDING!

I had a customer enquire about a game on our shelf today...

Customer: Hey, what game is that one over there?
Me: This one? Sonic the Hedgehog 3. (The logo is very large, I have no idea why he had to ask.)
Customer: Oh. ... Did that one come after Sonic 2?
Me: ... Yes. Yes it did.

He thanked me and walked off to look at other games. I was dumbfounded. I think I died a little inside today.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I had a customer enquire about a game on our shelf today...

Customer: Hey, what game is that one over there?
Me: This one? Sonic the Hedgehog 3. (The logo is very large, I have no idea why he had to ask.)
Customer: Oh. ... Did that one come after Sonic 2?
Me: ... Yes. Yes it did.

He thanked me and walked off to look at other games. I was dumbfounded. I think I died a little inside today.[/quote]

usually when i got really stupid questions like this, the person was almost always attempting to shoplift. they ask dumb questions for a few reasons: for you to think they're stupid (so you don't think they're with it enough to steal), to distract you while their pal swipes something, or to convince you that they're interested in buying something and aren't afraid to talk to you -- so they can't be a thief, right?

that's not always the case, but 9 times outta 10, when i heard "hey, can you play Gran Turismo 2 on the Playstation?" or something similar, they were up to something.

Whats your problem?
[quote name='neocisco']I assume you're not from the south which proves that stupidity knows no geographical boundaries.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Allnatural']I have a friend that works at Home Depot. One day, a woman comes in looking for a generator. Apparently the power was frequently going out in her small, outlying town. So my friend was showing her the models they carry, and this is where the conversation went:

lady "What does it mean when it says 'seven gallon tank.'"

friend "Uh, it means it can hold seven gallons of gas."

lady "Gas? Why would it need gas?"

friend "It's a generator. How else would it produce electricity?"

lady "I thought you just plugged it in."[/quote]

Now that was great! :applause:

[quote name='ironmouse']Whats your problem?[/quote]

Your assumption that because someone acted stupid then they must be from the south.

I work at a Gamestop in San Diego, CA. One day a customer came in who looked like the biggest redneck / white trash person I have ever seen. He wore a Nascar 500 wife-beater, faded blue jean pants (complete with stains of all sorts and sizes), flattop haircut, jagged teeth, and tattos of Jesus right next to the swastika (dead honest).

He came in with a return, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2). I went through procedure and did the whole bit..."So you didn't like it eh? It got pretty good ratings, what bugged you about it?"... (This is where it gets good)

He sweeps the store with his eyes, leans in to me past the counter and in a semi-low hick voice responds "This game, theres just to many Nigg*rs running around shootin' us white folk. I mean, the cops don't do nuthin'! The Nigg*rs just steal cars and junk. And the other stupid things you can get haircuts...Now why would I want to play barbie with a Nigg*r?

I said..."sir watch the language please, now go pick out some items to exchange it for."

Then he picked out some PS2 Bass fishing, Cabellas Dear Hunter, and Links golf on PC (why?, I dunno)

Theres my "best" customer story.

[quote name='neocisco']Your assumption that because someone acted stupid then they must be from the south.[/QUOTE]

Durrrr, sure right there! Lets go do some meth and smack some hoes. GET ER DONE cuz we live in down there Mobile, Alabama.

Try not to take things too personally and/or seriously please. I've lived up and down the East coast and realize stupid people live everywhere.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I work at a Gamestop in San Diego, CA. One day a customer came in who looked like the biggest redneck / white trash person I have ever seen. He wore a Nascar 500 wife-beater, faded blue jean pants (complete with stains of all sorts and sizes), flattop haircut, jagged teeth, and tattos of Jesus right next to the swastika (dead honest).

He came in with a return, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2). I went through procedure and did the whole bit..."So you didn't like it eh? It got pretty good ratings, what bugged you about it?"... (This is where it gets good)

He sweeps the store with his eyes, leans in to me past the counter and in a semi-low hick voice responds "This game, theres just to many Nigg*rs running around shootin' us white folk. I mean, the cops don't do nuthin'! The Nigg*rs just steal cars and junk. And the other stupid things you can get haircuts...Now why would I want to play barbie with a Nigg*r?

I said..."sir watch the language please, now go pick out some items to exchange it for."

Then he picked out some PS2 Bass fishing, Cabellas Dear Hunter, and Links golf on PC (why?, I dunno)

Theres my "best" customer story.[/QUOTE]

boy is he stupid... isn't there a black person on the cover of the game?

and second of all, wouldn't killing people get you a 1 or 2 star on the police alert?

[quote name='Kuros']I have a good one that just happened...

As David (the acting manager) and myself were closing up, at about 9:20pm came a lady with her son to the door.

Normally people knock, she bashed the door.

"YOU GUYS NEED TO OPEN UP! YOU HAVE 10 MORE MINUTES LEFT!!!"

My manager was busy so I answered,

"What?"
"YOU NEED TO OPEN UP NOW!!!"
"Why?"
"You guys are open until 9:30!!! Open up now!"
"I'm sorry, we are only open until 9."
"DON'T LIE TO ME! YOU ARE OPEN UP UNTIL 9:30!!!"
"Listen! Here's our store hours sign, right here it reads 9 pm."
"I don't care let me in so I can buy Grand Theft Auto for my son! I drove down here going 80 MPH and I just wasted my gas!"
(Her son looks to be about 6, good parenting there you white trash bitch)
"Even if I did let you in you wouldn't be able to buy the game, our registers are closed."
"I don't care I heard you on speakerphone telling my son 9:30!" (Nice story change there)
"You don't seem to be listening, none of us would have told him 9:30, we have never closed at 9:30."
"WHO'S YOUR MANAGER!" (Of course, even when completely wrong go to the higher ups)
"He's the acting manager right now." I pointed to David.
"NO YOUR MAIN MANAGER!"
"Well, he's not in right now."
"TELL ME WHEN!"
"He'll be here on Monday morning."
"WHAT'S HI..."
"His name is Mark!"

She stormed off and I got on the phone to call Mark. I'm a believer if you have to send someone like this to your manager, give them a heads up. I wouldn't wanna be having a good day then some crazy psycho bitch starts yelling at me as soon as she walks in.

His summary: Eh, let her come in, I'll tell her what you told her. We have never closed at 9:30pm and if she starts bitching, I'll kick her out.

The story gets better though...

One of the dudes from the Subway next door came to our door. Turns out he thought it was funny and was laughing about it and she threatened him. She told him that she would have her boyfriend (commence eye rolling here) come down and kick our asses and then get us fired.

All I can say is good luck, the guy would have to fight 3 people. David, who's pretty filled with rage because when he had his car accident a couple of weeks ago, some fuckers mugged him while he was unconscious, the dude from Subway who's a tough ass mexican dude and myself, angry white guy.

Lets see if this pans out or not on Monday.[/quote]

Car accident? Mugged? Unconcious? Holy shit!!!

[quote name='King_Sprout']Car accident? Mugged? Unconcious? Holy shit!!![/QUOTE]

Nope, she didn't do anything.

I was telling this kid's (had to be at least 10 or older) dad about the Wii because he was interested in tennis or ping pong games. I started to describe to him Wii Sports...

Me: The controller is motion sensitive, so you can actually serve with the controller.
Dad: Wow. That sounds really cool, what is this again?
Kid: The Nintendo Revolution dad
Me: They changed the name, it's the Wii now
Kid: Actually everyone calls it the Revolution

I must be out of the loop.

[quote name='asianxcore']I was telling this kid's (had to be at least 10 or older) dad about the Wii because he was interested in tennis or ping pong games. I started to describe to him Wii Sports...

Me: The controller is motion sensitive, so you can actually serve with the controller.
Dad: Wow. That sounds really cool, what is this again?
Kid: The Nintendo Revolution dad
Me: They changed the name, it's the Wii now
Kid: Actually everyone calls it the Revolution

I must be out of the loop.[/quote]
:roll: Actually, kids just need to be punched in the throat.

[quote name='Nealocus123']and tattos of Jesus right next to the swastika (dead honest).[/quote]

Man, i would've so yelled out "Jesus is a Jew!" as he was leaving.

I work for an insurance company and process the claims people send in. In other words, I work in front of a computer. Anyway, my last supervisor was quite possibly the most inept person this company has ever seen. Any time someone in our unit had a question, she could never answer it, and usually called another supervisor to ask them what the hell her lame ass should do. However, her stupidity could also be quite funny. In particular, she somehow got it into her head that pixels aren't called pixels, they're actually called pixies. Yes, pixies. The first time I heard her say this out loud in front of someone I almost burst into laughter. Luckily I was able to hold it in until I got out of her earshot. I guess Dell outsources the construction of their monitors to Never Never Land.

[quote name='Squall835']I work for an insurance company and process the claims people send in. In other words, I work in front of a computer. Anyway, my last supervisor was quite possibly the most inept person this company has ever seen. Any time someone in our unit had a question, she could never answer it, and usually called another supervisor to ask them what the hell her lame ass should do. However, her stupidity could also be quite funny. In particular, she somehow got it into her head that pixels aren't called pixels, they're actually called pixies. Yes, pixies. The first time I heard her say this out loud in front of someone I almost burst into laughter. Luckily I was able to hold it in until I got out of her earshot. I guess Dell outsources the construction of their monitors to Never Never Land.[/quote]

Having a problem w/your monitor? Just wish upon a star and your monitor will be fixed plus all of your dreams will come true.:lol: Your tech support has been provided by Tinkerbell and Jiminy Cricket.

I went to eb and they kept pushing stuff

I go up to register
Clerk: Hello is this all?
Me: yes
Clerk: Do you have the game card?
Me: No and I'm not really interested.
C: Are you sure? It's only 15 bucks!
Me: No thanks
C: But it comes with a year of GI! And you save money on used games!
Me: No I really dont want it.
C: The computer is telling me we have this game used for $48 (as opposed to $50) do you want the used copy?
Me: No I want the new one.
C: Did you know the used one has a longer garuntee?
Me: I dont care
C: Okay. While your hear would you like to preoder any games?
Me: No
C: Its only five bucks down and you will-
Me: (raises hand) Stop!

It was very quiet after that.

.... Are you calling yourself a stupid customer? :whistle2:k

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I went to eb and they kept pushing stuff

I go up to register
C: The computer is telling me we have this game used for $48 (as opposed to $50) do you want the used copy?

It was very quiet after that.[/quote]

Wait, what game was it? I thought a five dollar difference was bad enough, this game only had a two dollar difference between new and used? Bastards!

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I went to eb and they kept pushing stuff

I go up to register

It was very quiet after that.[/quote]
You do realize that they have to offer that stuff right? It's part of their job, if they don't they can get in trouble. Also this is a stupid customer thread, so unless you are insulting yourself, this has no real place here.

[quote name='asianxcore']there is a difference between not selling something because it's against store policy, and not selling something because you are a moron. for those of us who work in game stores, we could lose our jobs if we were to sell a "Mature" rated game to a minor. all it takes is an angry parent and a receipt (which contains the day of the transaction and the salesperson).

the salesperson who talked you out of buying a car was an idiot.

most of us who ask for ID for Mature games, are doing our job.[/QUOTE]
actually you can not only lose your job but also a huge fine. and just maybe if the kid ends up doing something stupid "because the game told him to" you can get jail time. you don't f with the ESRB.

[quote name='neocisco']Having a problem w/your monitor? Just wish upon a star and your monitor will be fixed plus all of your dreams will come true.:lol: Your tech support has been provided by Tinkerbell and Jiminy Cricket.[/QUOTE]

And this folks comes from someone who's signature says "HELP ME, TOM CRUISE!!!" :lol:

I work at Best Buy....The other day, a customer bought a cable modem and wanted a deal on some $3.99 DVD's. My friend was the one who dealt with him. The guy walked up to her and the conversation went something as follows...

Customer: I'm buying this expensive cable modem...can you cut me a deal on these 3.99 DVD's.

Her: They're 3.99....no...

Customer: Fine...i can get these same ones 5 for $20 used at Hollywood Video.

Her: Uhhh...sir....5 for $20 is the same thing as $4.00 a piece.

Customer: Oh..... *takes DVD's and walks to the register*

[quote name='M1C13']actually you can not only lose your job but also a huge fine. and just maybe if the kid ends up doing something stupid "because the game told him to" you can get jail time. you don't f with the ESRB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Except that's not a law. At least not most places. Worst that would happen is that you'd lose your job and end up on 20/20.

[quote name='M1C13']actually you can not only lose your job but also a huge fine. and just maybe if the kid ends up doing something stupid "because the game told him to" you can get jail time. you don't f with the ESRB.[/QUOTE]

Is that really the law in OH? I've never heard of such stiff penalties before.

I am so damn sick of people coming in with a trashbag of video games to trade in 10 minutes before closing. On the other hand we do kick people out at closing now because a certain company doesnt pay me enough for some overtime so some jackass can pick up his copy of ncaa 07

[quote name='mafronin']On the other hand we do kick people out at closing now because a certain company doesnt pay me enough for some overtime so some jackass can pick up his copy of ncaa 07[/QUOTE]

Yeah its pretty sad that jackasses like that can't make a priority to get to the store during NORMAL business hours. I mean a typical store is usually open 11 hours on a typical weekday..... if one can't make it during those 11 hours then they badly need to figure out how to.

[quote name='mafronin']I am so damn sick of people coming in with a trashbag of video games to trade in 10 minutes before closing. On the other hand we do kick people out at closing now because a certain company doesnt pay me enough for some overtime so some jackass can pick up his copy of ncaa 07[/quote]

The best part is when they pull out Madden 03, Fantavision, Fable, KOTOR and NCAA 2001 and expect to get enough credit to get a new game. I honestly don't know which is better, that, or the rant they go on after you tell them how much credit they'll be getting about how they paid such and such for this game and this is a ripoff and this company sucks and they're never coming back to your store again.

[quote name='WAJedi']I work at Best Buy....The other day, a customer bought a cable modem and wanted a deal on some $3.99 DVD's. My friend was the one who dealt with him. The guy walked up to her and the conversation went something as follows...

Customer: I'm buying this expensive cable modem...can you cut me a deal on these 3.99 DVD's.

Customer: Oh..... *takes DVD's and walks to the register*[/quote]

you should have gone ahead and cut him a deal: 5 DVDs for $19.95. yup, a better deal than hollywood video

[quote name='WAJedi']I work at Best Buy....The other day, a customer bought a cable modem and wanted a deal on some $3.99 DVD's. My friend was the one who dealt with him. The guy walked up to her and the conversation went something as follows...

Customer: Oh..... *takes DVD's and walks to the register*[/QUOTE]

Reminds me during the garage sale I ran this last weekend a woman wanted me to sell one of the DVDs I had for sale for $1 (I had it marked at $5). I said I could go to $3 on it.

Her: I could rent it for that.
Me: Well seeing that you can OWN it for $3 and not worry about returning it... well... that's a better deal.
Her: Not really..... *walks off*

I wish I had a tin foil hat to give her. With that kind of logic she could use one. :lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']Reminds me during the garage sale I ran this last weekend a woman wanted me to sell one of the DVDs I had for sale for $1 (I had it marked at $5). I said I could go to $3 on it.

Me: Well seeing that you can OWN it for $3 and not worry about returning it... well... that's a better deal.

I wish I had a tin foil hat to give her. With that kind of logic she could use one. :lol:[/quote]

isnt that the same way other cags in yardsale lowball people at garage sakes

[quote name='Demolition Man']Reminds me during the garage sale I ran this last weekend a woman wanted me to sell one of the DVDs I had for sale for $1 (I had it marked at $5). I said I could go to $3 on it.

I wish I had a tin foil hat to give her. With that kind of logic she could use one. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You should have paid her a dollar to get bent.

[quote name='boyboy1080']isnt that the same way other cags in yardsale lowball people at garage sakes[/quote]
No. She's saying that she could rent it and have it for a week and then have to return it on time or she could buy it and have it forever. By her logic, he should charge more.

Wow. This topic really makes me think. The only thing that makes me laugh more is how adults keep saying we're getting SMARTER and more enlightened as people. I may not work at a game store, but I have a story to tell while being the patient observer at a local game crazy.

A fat mexican woman with her kids walk in. They walk in and she has a N64 and wants to trade it straight up for a PS2 "her reasoning. It cost 199 when she bought it, so she can get a new PS2 straight up" The poor lone bastard who was working there told her that it would only be worth around 15 or 20 dollars credit. She starts getting upset. And I'm putting it mildly and lets loose a string of that good ol fashion mexican swearing you hear about so much.

Why is it that they think their N64s hold much value? If I end up working at a gamecrazy I pray to god that I don't get some people trying to trade in N64s.

Everyone thinks that since they paid X amount for something it'll retain its value for life. I feel really sorry for any saps who spent $300 on the N-gage only to see it drop to $20 a few years later.

Me - "You've already paid for the item. I'm sorry it rung up the wrong price. I can't give you your money back. I can't give you a refund here, but customer service can do it no problem."

Him - "That's crap! Fix the price right now!"

Me - "I can't do that. Look, if you go to customer service, they'll take care of you no problem."

Him - "No! I don't want to do that! Fix the fucking price!"

Manager - "You need to go to customer service."

Him - "That's bullshit!" Then he goes to customer service.

Turns out, he didn't even get the brand that was on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back