End of Target Rainchecks?

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Saw this at VGTalk from hbomb. (sorry if it was posted somewhere already)

"on the side note, i'm upset about Target now rejects the 63% off raincheck... supposedly, there is now a company-wide notice that those rainchecks can't used for console games... they distributed that notice on sunday..."

I never really took advantage of this, so it would suck if it was done, not too surprising thought. At least I did get one raincheck item. And of course certain employs may still abide. Can anyone confirm this?

The one I got from Jimmie, expired on Sunday. And I was the only person to use it at my target. In a college town, with other cagers here.

They let me get 63% of any game regardless of the price.

I used one to purchase a pc game and I got it on the last day possible which was January 24 and it expired yesterday (Feb 24th so they are good for 1 month).

I realize the rainchecks had experiation dates, but that poster made it sound like they would not accept them anymore period. LIke if you got one today, it would only be good for that game. Maybe it just meant those. Or maybe it just meant PC ones cant be used for consoles.

[quote name='starman9000']I realize the rainchecks had experiation dates, but that poster made it sound like they would not accept them anymore period. LIke if you got one today, it would only be good for that game. Maybe it just meant those. Or maybe it just meant PC ones cant be used for consoles.[/quote]

Yeah, the post is confusing, what I'm getting out of it is that rainchecks for PC games can and should not be used on console games and vice versa.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Everybody thank OneWingedAngel and his mom! :twisted:[/quote]

Oh, I have much much more to thank his mother for. 8)

I have couple rainchecks and they say "XBOX software", "SONY software", so they are probably exchangeable by console only unless you get a clerk that doesn't care.

[quote name='starman9000']I realize the rainchecks had experiation dates, but that poster made it sound like they would not accept them anymore period. LIke if you got one today, it would only be good for that game. Maybe it just meant those. Or maybe it just meant PC ones cant be used for consoles.[/quote]

I've seen several posts (from way back when the 63% raincheck thing first started) that some Targets were saying PC games were in a different category from console games so you couldn't use a PC game raincheck for a console game. (They are in different sections of the stores.) But a good many people have been able to do that anyay. So I'd bet that #1 the poster on that board didn't really know what he was talking about or #2 Target has tightened this up by making sure all stores know not to accept rainchecks on PC games for console game stuff in the future. But as already said the 63% rainchecks have expired anyway so the point is moot. I imagine Target will be careful to not have a game so heavily discounted in the future.

I am thinking this is just for the Madden coupon. not the mixed software. When i used the raincheck a couple weeks ago, the manager said he had gotten some sort of memo from his district manager that the Madden Rainchecks were in fact ok to use. Now he probably just got a reminder that they are no longer valid.

bread's done
Back