*ENDED* Toys R Us ALL games - get minimum 15% discount

kentheguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
*ENDED*

Ends on Thursday November 24th.
ALL games (excluding PC games) = 15% off if you get 1. 20% off if you get 2. 25% off if you get 3 or more. You are allowed to mix consoles. EG. You will get 25% off if you get a PS3, a 360, and 3DS game.
Restrictions: No bundles allowed as part of this deal. Games have to be over $29.99 to qualify.

Last edited by a moderator:
(post disappeared, sorry if this ends up here twice)
Popped by Ottawa Merivale location last night. Some deals to be had if you were buying something new at 59.99, but many older titles were overpriced to begin with.

Examples:
- Kinect titles from last year were 49.99, when they are routinely 19.99 to 39.99 elsewhere
- Fallout New Vegas 64.99! (19.99 usually)
- Many titles that were 39.99 are often 29.99

Walked away thinking it is better to wait until after Xmas when everything will drop $10-$20, unless you need a gift.

[quote name='fsm'](post disappeared, sorry if this ends up here twice)
Popped by Ottawa Merivale location last night. Some deals to be had if you were buying something new at 59.99, but many older titles were overpriced to begin with.

Examples:
- Kinect titles from last year were 49.99, when they are routinely 19.99 to 39.99 elsewhere
- Fallout New Vegas 64.99! (19.99 usually)
- Many titles that were 39.99 are often 29.99

Walked away thinking it is better to wait until after Xmas when everything will drop $10-$20, unless you need a gift.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went there looking for some DS games that are $29.99 everywhere else, but at TRU they were $34.99. Even when buying three, not much of a deal at all. :p

The main advantage here is all the pre holiday games. For those that missed the E3 deal, if you buy 3 games at 59.99 you're getting them each for 44.99, without the hassle of Future Shop. I picked up Skylanders for my kids last night, and was tempted to grab a copy of Gears 3.

First thing on Sunday, I'm going to pick up my pre-order of Zelda along with Mario 3D Land and Zelda 3D.

Just to be clear. the % discount goes towards each game, not the final sale. I think its a great deal for picking up new titles like saints row and modern warfare. Gonna go back today and see if I can get the zelda controller edition.

[quote name='nabuch']If I buy Zelda and the guide and get the $25 GC, do I still get 15% off the game?[/QUOTE]

Since the Guide and the $25 gift card are able to be purchased by themselves as well as with the game, I don't think so.

The only time you can get away with a bundle for this deal is with what's in the bundle can only be gotten by buying the bundle.

things that are listed but not out yet count too when buying online.

so mario kart is fair game. which well is probably the cheapest it will ever be at 29.99 in this deal.​

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I've never bought a single thing from Toysrus in my life. They're always expensive, just like Microplay.[/QUOTE]

They charge msrp for their video games, just like Best Buy and Futureshop. No need to shun them when they actually have a legit sale.

Thanks for this post! I picked up 2 x Super Mario 3D Land (1 as a gift)

I agree that the inflated TRU pricing can wreck the deal in some cases. But there are some games that are regular-priced, so it's a good deal.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I've never bought a single thing from Toysrus in my life. They're always expensive, just like Microplay.[/QUOTE]

Go back to the early/mid 2000s they had KILLER PS2 deals. We're talking 10-20$ on everything. I remember buying around 20 games in a single day.

This was also the golden age of the 10$ off Amazon Visa Perks coupon.

They had some decent deals. I got Majin and Fable III for $15 each, a couple of months ago and that was during their 25% off all gaming accessories -- except point cards and PS Move.

[quote name='jeffx']Go back to the early/mid 2000s they had KILLER PS2 deals. We're talking 10-20$ on everything. I remember buying around 20 games in a single day.

This was also the golden age of the 10$ off Amazon Visa Perks coupon.[/QUOTE]

stop living in the past.....it'll mess up your mind :cold:

[quote name='jeffx']Go back to the early/mid 2000s they had KILLER PS2 deals. We're talking 10-20$ on everything. I remember buying around 20 games in a single day.

This was also the golden age of the 10$ off Amazon Visa Perks coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, TRU took SO much of my money back then. Half my PS2 collection was bought from them for $10-15.

Speaking of.......wonder if I'm ever getting my Fullmetal Alchemist games back from my ex....

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back