Endless Ocean 2 - Wifi and Wii Speak

ProfWho

CAGiversary!
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=84642

The World is Your Oyster
Endless Ocean 2 builds on the ocean experience first introduced with Endless Ocean™.
While the last game emphasized relaxation, this one is designed with more adventure in
mind. Divers might find themselves escaping from or calming down attacking sharks,
exploring shipwrecks or finding treasure. Endless Ocean 2 also has more creatures and
improved graphics designed to fully immerse players in an ocean environment that they
can freely explore at their own pace.

FEATURES:
• Players dive into oceans all around the world to discover the fish, mammals and various sea creatures
unique to each region while learning about their habits and behaviors. By selling salvageable items for
money, players can decorate their own personal reefs to draw fish near or decorate their aquariums for their
human guests.
• The ocean is teeming with life. Hundreds of real-life species are there to be discovered, from seahorses to
giant whales.
• Are the local fish sick or agitated? Players can view their health status and then use a tranquilizer-like tool to
zap the ones in need of rehab with healing energy.
• The game also includes a storyline that players can follow as they choose. The plot involves Oceana, a
woman who investigates the “Dragon’s Song,” which her father, a prominent ocean explorer, was searching
for just before his death.
• While at Nine Ball Island, players can become friends with a dolphin and teach it some new tricks. When on
a dive, players can even bring along the dolphin, which players can hold onto for extra fast swimming.
• For the first time in the series, friends who have broadband Internet access can connect and dive with one
another via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection, while using the Wii Speak™ microphone to converse.

This sounds like it will improve on the last one while still keeping what makes the first one so great.

I finished playing the first one a couple weeks ago and I loved it. It also educated me on the names of specific fish. It's rare to learn something while enjoying a game so it was a nice change.

From watching the trailer you can see that there is now an airtank meter and there is actual dangerous animals.

Interesting.

Oh sure, you can make a new thread whenever you want. Not like bumping the other thread would do anything. ;)

In case you haven't seen my other remarks:

Buy Endless Ocean

It's good, honest! Day one purchase. Motherfuckin' day one. EO is in my top three best games ever, and my favorite Wii game.

my biggest beef with endless ocean besides no voice chat was that when I was swimming with a buddy, everything i found didnt count for my own game, so I had to do that shit all over again. Hopefully that is fixed for this one.

The first one was a great surprise, I expected to like it, but not nearly as much as I did. I will definitely be getting this one.

I'm glad this game is confirmed for release in North America now. With NOA lately, you just never know. Now if we could only get confirmation on Trace Memory/Another Code Wii please...

We have Endless Ocean. I got it for my kids (at the time 5 and 7), but it didn't strike a cord with them and as a result I've never played it either. I suspect I would like it as the little I played seemed enjoyable, but I haven't gotten around to it. I think I'll try to find some time to get to it now, in order to see if I'll want to upgrade to the new game.

[quote name='Strell']I'll get to hear Doomed squeaking?

fuckin' sold.[/QUOTE]
How true. That was one of the reasons I didn't buy the WS/Animal Crossing bundle. ;) I'll probably get one for EO2. I predict a lack of Internet friends when I get a 360. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7mozA-ptI

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']Ooh - this sounds good and... Holy crap - WiiSpeak support! I hope, though, that keyboard chat is supported too.[/QUOTE]
Keyboard chat?Why?And how?No keyboard on my Wii. And who want to type while you're diving? Talking makes sense--typing does not.

[quote name='Doomed']How true. That was one of the reasons I didn't buy the WS/Animal Crossing bundle. ;) I'll probably get one for EO2. I predict a lack of Internet friends when I get a 360. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7mozA-ptI[/QUOTE]

This is looking like a day 1 purchase for me so far, so I will be looking forward to hearing you on the Wii Speak.

Two Endless Ocean 2 threads, which one to bump? Newer thread, I choose YOU!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84n7Tdi3fU

It's still really early in the thread, I'm going to request a mod merge the two. All of the posts in the other thread were before this one was even created, so all these posts could just be tacked onto the end of the other.

I really cannot wait for this one. I have been playing the first one a lot lately.

BTW Doomed, what is your code for endless ocean? If you want to add me go ahead. My code is in my sig.

It's in my sig too. As awesome as EO is, it does get old. I wish there was a little more structure to help you find fish. Like "during this month, this fish is most commonly found here".

2067-2220-6120

I've played this game a little bit. How is the online play ProfWho? We might have to play online sometime if you are up for it. (I'm just getting into the online play for the Wii games.)

[quote name='Got_Wii']I've played this game a little bit. How is the online play ProfWho? We might have to play online sometime if you are up for it. (I'm just getting into the online play for the Wii games.)[/QUOTE]

I don't know yet. I haven't gone online.

Get me your info and I will add you.

Doomed, I'll add you tomorrow. I have been just wanting to try the online.

Ok, I'll pop the disc in the Wii in a little while and figure out what my FC is. Doomed I will add you as well if you care to add me, when I post my friend code shortly.

Where do I find my FC in Endless Ocean? In the manual it says on the ladder but when I try and click on the ladder I get nothing. Is there something special you have to do to open up the Friend Code section?

Release dates:
September 17, 2009 - Japanese
October 30, 2009 - Europe (rumor)
Q1 2009, probably January - NA

I will play all three of them as they come out. :)

[quote name='Got_Wii']Where do I find my FC in Endless Ocean? In the manual it says on the ladder but when I try and click on the ladder I get nothing. Is there something special you have to do to open up the Friend Code section?[/QUOTE]
It's the ladder in the left/front of the boat, you need to play a little bit before you can. Dunno when.

Trailers, widescreen too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Endless Ocean 2! (Forever Blue 2)

If only it weren't in Japanese. :lol: In one month I can actually understand it. Better graphics, seems to be more story related. And I got beat up by a shark.

[quote name='Doomed']I played Endless Ocean 2! (Forever Blue 2)

If only it weren't in Japanese. :lol: In one month I can actually understand it. Better graphics, seems to be more story related. And I got beat up by a shark.[/QUOTE]

I hate you for that.:bomb:

[quote name='Doomed']

In case you haven't seen my other remarks:

Buy Endless Ocean

It's good, honest! Day one purchase. Motherfuckin' day one. EO is in my top three best games ever, and my favorite Wii game.

[/QUOTE]

This game looks awesome. It kind of reminds me of an Ecco the Dolphin game, except without the excessive dolphin deaths. (I loved Ecco, but good lord...I must have killed a million dolphins over the course of 3 different Ecco games.) And I love exploration type games.

Looks like I'll be getting a used copy, as it seems new ones are expensive.

bread's done
Back