Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) $29.99 with Free Wii Speak At Amazon

Walmart had lots of these in $19.99 bins Xmas 2008. Its likely they were dug up out of the back of the warehouse for the recent finds.

From what I read about features in the new version, your money would probably be better spent with Blue World. It sounds like a much bigger game, with more missions and variety.

I had tried Everblue 2 on the PS2 as a potential substitution when prices for the original EO went crazy, but it just didn't compare--it was clunky with a really awkward RPG setting with static land environments. It seems the developer offers significant upgrades between each iteration in the series, and I anticipate the same will happen with Blue World.

BTW -- this is not an expert opinion, just a personal one--to each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Eurogamer has a review up.[/QUOTE]

Just read the review as well...I am definitely gonna pre-order now. Sounds like it is worth it if you enjoyed the original.

This sounds great - are we all going to be trading in those Wii Speaks at the local Gamestop? Maybe they'll end up being useful in the end. I wish it had been a little keyboard like the one they have for the 360; now that would have been perfect.

I've really pined away for the first Endless Ocean, and there's no way I can pick it up cheap. I missed out on the clearance sales, but it's great if they've made improvements over the first one, since I can then tell myself that I never wanted the first one anyway.

Had a bit of fun with that Everblue 2 for the PS2, but I had lots of problems with orienting myself within wrecks, but anyplace there's something worth finding, there's always a shark out to rip you apart. Had to stop playing.

If Endless Ocean 2 is successful, hopefully Sony will wake up and bring over The Aquanaut's Holiday for PS3. The game is already translated into English with the Asian version so it would be an easy import. It even has English trophy support! Now the Asian version of the game is out of print and prices are starting to skyrocket :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back