ENDS TONIGHT! The Fractured But Whole/Bayonetta 1/2 combo pack/TONS of collectables and figurines/Clothing/Blurays and more!

Yeah hahaha not exactly the powerful ending I was expecting. Lowball forum is unfortunately on its way out....this kinda sucked :/
Sorry I missed this (and that it didn't have a super solid turnout), Bayonetta would have been the perfect gift for a friend of mine. Holidays seem to be a risky time to have a lowball.

As for the "lowball forum is unfortunately on its way out", we should all try to change that! I don't really want to host one, but will throw items in on a group one (and certainly participate in any that are happening so long as I am paying attention lol). And I am sure other folks might be able to brainstorm on ways to revitalize the forum.

Sorry I missed this (and that it didn't have a super solid turnout), Bayonetta would have been the perfect gift for a friend of mine. Holidays seem to be a risky time to have a lowball.

As for the "lowball forum is unfortunately on its way out", we should all try to change that! I don't really want to host one, but will throw items in on a group one (and certainly participate in any that are happening so long as I am paying attention lol). And I am sure other folks might be able to brainstorm on ways to revitalize the forum.
I agree that a revival/saving should be in order. But I almost feel like we need to focus on advertising more than quantity of lowballs. People won't want to have more lowballs if there are only 8 people in this sub now that are placing bids. If more people on CAG were aware of the sub, then there'd be more people will be willing to put their stuff up.

I was planning on having on before I moved but I unfortunately had to have a sudden move much earlier than I planned. I had a ton of stuff I wanted to put up here but it all ended up at the Good Will (which is good for them, I guess).

I agree that a revival/saving should be in order. But I almost feel like we need to focus on advertising more than quantity of lowballs. People won't want to have more lowballs if there are only 8 people in this sub now that are placing bids. If more people on CAG were aware of the sub, then there'd be more people will be willing to put their stuff up.

I was planning on having on before I moved but I unfortunately had to have a sudden move much earlier than I planned. I had a ton of stuff I wanted to put up here but it all ended up at the Good Will (which is good for them, I guess).
It's all about getting the word out, firstly, and secondly, it's about quality. I have seen too many lowballs with two old bargain bin Wii games and a bunch of assorted bits and pieces of gaming related things.

I think if quite a few lowballs were up and running with good, quality stuff (those bargain bin Wii games and bits and pieces mentioned above are GREAT as long as they are complimentary to something and not the main attraction) and the people holding them kept their regular trade lists bumped directing people here, made blog posts or, heck, even tossed it up on social media, I think things would get better.

You can't just hold a lowball and hope people show up.

If you open a dollar store with no advertising, a few people will swing by and there is your business.

If you open a dollar store and spend a bunch of time and money on advertising, you will get more customers, but it's still JUST A DOLLAR STORE! Good luck turning a profit.

You need to open a specialty store with specialty items and get it marketed to the right group of people.

Then, you will have yourself a successful venture.

I definitely agree that the Lowball forum needs more exposure, I feel like a majority of the users don’t even know it exists.
I changed the title of my main trade thread to a list of my Lowball items with a link inside and bumped it every day. I know I didn’t have top shelf items but there were definitely some solid items in there, but I agree, too often have I seen a Lowball with not one item who’s face value is over 10 dollars. . The holiday timing could have hurt, but I was hoping the opposite would have happened, and people would have tried for cheap gifts. Either way, I really hope this forum sees a revival, it’s a great concept and there’s some good people on here

It's all about getting the word out, firstly, and secondly, it's about quality. I have seen too many lowballs with two old bargain bin Wii games and a bunch of assorted bits and pieces of gaming related things.

I think if quite a few lowballs were up and running with good, quality stuff (those bargain bin Wii games and bits and pieces mentioned above are GREAT as long as they are complimentary to something and not the main attraction) and the people holding them kept their regular trade lists bumped directing people here, made blog posts or, heck, even tossed it up on social media, I think things would get better.
Those are fantastic suggestions for anyone hosting to get the message out. Maybe even a plug on the PS CAG Community (not sure how active that is in comparison) ?

I definitely agree that the Lowball forum needs more exposure, I feel like a majority of the users don’t even know it exists.
This is something that is most certainly true. DV8 touched on some ways to get more exposure to the forum that certainly work, and I think spreading the message to folks who don't even look at the trade section would help. The first time I stumbled into this section was when I went looking for my first trade. Upon realizing how great (and fun) the lowball auction forum was, I spent the majority of my time on this site in it. I guess that the point is people come to this site for deals, and this is a section that should have a spotlight on it.

Again, exposure will increase activity as will quality of items. And a seller should attempt to reach all potential buyers using available means. Maybe if someone is posting a bunch of PS2 games, link to it in the PS2 trade specific thread (sub PS2 for any system). PM users you may have traded with in the past or friends on the site that may be interested in participating. Post more in threads that are actively used daily with a link/banner for the auction. People will show up if they know its happening. Let's not dig the grave on this one just yet!

bread's done
Back