Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - Gen. Discussion & Info

psychobrawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)

Features

Experience the ultimate team- and mission-based multiplayer warfare set in the legendary QUAKE universe, in Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™. Choose to play as the human Global Defense Force (GDF) or the invading alien menace, the Strogg. Each side has distinct classes, vehicles, and weapons to choose from, giving players countless ways to join the battle.

• Intense mission-based combat: QUAKE Wars pits teams against each other on massive maps located in desert, Arctic, and tropical environments. Players battle through intense skirmishes with real military style objectives.
  • Offline and online modes: Hone your skills against surprisingly lifelike A.I. offline, then join the battle online with friends.
  • Unique teams and character classes: The GDF and Strogg are two distinct armies with different soldier classes, weapons, vehicles, and tactics. Enjoy a modern military style of play with the GDF, or wield unearthly alien technology with the Strogg.
  • Team-based combat: Using class-specific skills, players can be the linchpin of an entire operation. Players are rewarded for working together as a team to accomplish mission objectives.
  • Upgradeable capabilities and statistics: Over the course of a multi-mission campaign, players earn experience and promotions, and gain new skills to help the team. In addition, stats are globally recorded for players to track their rank and prestige in the Enemy Territory community.
  • Broad accessibility: Several innovations open the game to a broader audience, including an offline training mode, where players partner with an A.I. teammate to play through an entire battlefield, receiving in-context strategy tips along the way.
  • Skill-based matchmaking: Get the perfect challenge in every online game with a match geared to your skills.
  • Megatexture™ technology: id Software, known for games using cutting-edge technology, has done it again. The revolutionary Megatexture technology allows battlefields to extend to the horizon, with over a square mile of unique terrain at unprecedented detail.

Achievements: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/enemyterritoryquakewars/

According to the rumor mole (p. 90) this is CONFIRMED. Sweetness continues for the 360 announcements. Definitely the system of choice once again for FPS fans. :)

Was there ever any doubt that this game was coming to the 360? It may not have been announced until now, but with Carmack loving the 360, this should have been a no brainier.

Same thing with UT 2007. It may only be announced for the PS3 and PC right now, but is their any doubt in anyone's mind that it will be coming out for the 360, as Microsoft and Epic are really close right now.

I thought this was already confirmed, Carmack talked abolut in an interview a while back. It was an interesting interview about a new technology he developed called "Megatexturing"
BTW Quake 3 on live = awesome

[quote name='peteloaf']I thought this was already confirmed, Carmack talked abolut in an interview a while back. It was an interesting interview about a new technology he developed called "Megatexturing"
BTW Quake 3 on live = awesome[/quote]

Actually I remember reading somewhere that 'megatexturing' was the reason that Quake Wars could never come to 360. Weird. And yes, Q3A on Live would be awesome. My friend said Quake 4 is pretty close, but obviously there are so frame rate issues.

[quote name='buttasuperb']Wait, it's out for PC already?[/QUOTE]

the beta, even with 1 map, i've played it over and over and over D:

You could have just posted here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95598&highlight=quake+wars

Duplicate threads cause confusion later on when users search for certain games, keeping everything in one place keeps it easy, simple, and keeps this site (or atleast the X360 threads) clutter free.

180px-The_More_You_Know.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You could have just posted here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95598&highlight=quake+wars

Duplicate threads cause confusion later on when users search for certain games, keeping everything in one place keeps it easy and simple.

180px-The_More_You_Know.jpg
[/QUOTE]

thread's a bit old and just announces the launch.
no need to get all thread nazi. I mean I wrote a old blue dragon and lost odyssey thread a long time ago, but it's fine if they make new ones since it's been so long.

[quote name='Zoglog']thread's a bit old and just announces the launch.
no need to get all thread nazi. I mean I wrote a old blue dragon and lost odyssey thread a long time ago, but it's fine if they make new ones since it's been so long.[/quote]
:roll: Ok, not sure how that makes me a "tread nazi" I'm not being hostile or trying to kill you. Just pointing it out, not picking on you, just stating the facts.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bKZrLrfndBc[/media]

Last time I checked, this was coming out sometime in May?

(making a new thread since many of the posts in the old thread weren't relevant to the topic. Go ahead and merge once that one gets cleaned up)

So this is basically going to serve as the Xbox 360's version of Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War. Anyone up for it when the game releases this week?

getting this wednesday after free overnight from a month ago and some gamestop gift certificates. I played the console version @ the new york comic con and thought it was pretty good, so anyone who wants to meet up givesend an invite over

So, am I the only one getting this? Because there doesn't seem to be much talk about it anywhere. Lost in the COD4 and GTA4 shuffle I guess.

If other people are getting this, we all should start a CAG night. Maybe at least gather up Wednesday for an allnighter.

I bought it for $10 on PC.

If I had to shell out any more money for this crap, especially $60, I'd really feel ripped-off.

[quote name='InuFaye']Its going to suck on consoles.

It is a PC centric game all the way.[/quote]

Same thing was said of UT3 and it's a lot of fun on the PS3.

I'll pick this up once the price drops if people are still playing it.

The thing is UT3 works because its just deathmatch and simple capture this place mechanics.

ET:QW has more complexity and depth, and team work that is needed.

The game needs 40 people to work out correctly. Not 16.

This port is sent to die.

[quote name='InuFaye']Its going to suck on consoles.

It is a PC centric game all the way.[/quote]

That's a bit untrue. This isn't like a sloppy Battlefield 2 -> Modern Combat deal. Quake Wars from the start was designed to be the same on any platform. The whole mouse & keyboard argument is irrelevant. Player count is the only real advantage, but with vehicles it doesn't matter much. Most WolfET matches I played didn't bother with a full house and played fine.

I just really can't get into these types of games for the 360. Then again, I can't say I like these types of games for PC either.

What surprises me is that nobody really had been talking too much about this game here.

bread's done
Back