Energy Audit Yard Stick...where does your house rate?

cognitive77

CAGiversary!
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=HOME_ENERGY_YARDSTICK.showGetStarted

I don't know how accurate this tool is. My house was just built in 2007, and although not every facet of it is energy efficient, both my wife and I are very conscious of keeping the thermostat low in winter (66-69) and keeping lights off.

My yearly energy expenses average around $1800. I run all electric, heat/cool with heat pump. I live in a pretty windy location for my area (Like I could seriously install a wind turbine here). I live in the Midwest (Missouri).

Anyways, I did the above audit and it came out to a 2.3 with a 10 being the most efficient.

I'm sure the condo I'm renting a room in now is terrible. It's big, the duct work is crappy so you have to keep the thermastate higher/lower than I'd like to keep some rooms a reasonable temperature. The windows are drafty. The building is old and poorly insulated.

Can't wait to finish up grad school and move out of here this summer.

I don't have access to my statements right now but I'm going to guess that I'm pretty low on the scale. My current house was built in 99 but I run a lot of electronics/PC equipment all day long since I work and operate my business out of my house.

bread's done
Back