English dialog for Spanish speakers

steve_k

CAGiversary!
Why is there such a strong demand for movies and video games with English dialog from Spanish-speaking people? I acknowledge some of them are bilingual and can follow a storyline in English just fine, but I know a large portion of them understand very little English. I often go to pawn shops and flea markerts here in Houston looking for deals on movies and games. Often, I will be one of the few, if not the only person who's primary language is Englsih. Everyone else speaks Spansih, yet they stilll want movies and games with dialog in English. I doubt they are all bilingual because it seems whenever I attempt to communicate with them, they don't have the slightest clue what I'm saying.

Well, for games at least, there exists a startlingly large group of people who skip all the dialog. Therefore, the sales figures for english-games to spanish-speakers are just an artifact of the fact that there are more games available in English than any other language (outside of maybe Japanese).

As for movies, a lot of them are available with spanish subtitles. Just a thought.

bread's done
Back