Enough for 2 Games

omg itz adam

CAGiversary!
So this fall I have picked up Fall Out 3 and Fable 2 I have enough for 2 more games

I was thinking

Gears of War 2
Left4Dead
Dead Space
or
Far Cry 2

What do you guys think?

note: I played the L4D demo and I thought it is ok nothing amazing its kind of repetitive

I also have not beat gears of war 1 and I didnt like it that much

I put 150 hours into oblivion and thought mass effect was trash

(waits for the flames) it just was not my style of game to be honest I sold fable 2 but i loved fall out

[quote name='omg itz adam']It sucks this year is nothing like last[/quote]

Yeah, there are way more top games this year. Too many, actually.

If you did not enjoy Gears 1 then Gears 2 probably won't change your opinion. I agree that Left 4 Dead could get repetitive rather quickly. Given the choice between Dead Space and Far Cry 2, I recommend saving your money.

I would purchase both Gears of War 2 and Far Cry 2. Here are my reasons:

Gears of War 2 practically swept the gaming industry off its feet, selling I would assume a good bit of copies. I just started playing Gears of War 1 and I'm loving it. The campaign, I have heard, is awesome and breathtaking -- considering EPIC has done everything at a grander scale. Gears of War 2 is definitely a keeper, as you will probably spend some time re-playing the Single Player and also playing Multiplayer constantly, such as Horde mode (if you also have friends of GoW2).

The reason I chose Far Cry 2 is simply because it's underrated. There has rarely been any media attention to Far Cry 2. It's a solid game, and it just falls short of Fallout 3. If you like Fallout 3, you will most likely like Far Cry 2. The only thing that sets Far Cry 2 on the 360 back is a game bug save, where the game gets stuck at 86% complete -- pretty much to solve this, you shouldn't overwrite your saves (just keep making new saves). Far Cry 2 is an amazing experience. Using the dunia system, the graphics and the physics in the game is a new experience to gamers. I'm sure if you've seen videos/screenshots of Far Cry 2, you have seen the flamethrower, where fire can catch upon anything and spread like wildfire depending on the wind. Far Cry 2 might not have a great experience online (I haven't tried it yet so I can't say), but it's definitely a solid Single Player experience that can run you a good 35+ hours on just the normal difficulty. The fact that Far Cry 2 runs a 24-hour system and you can sneak up to people in the dark just makes the game a great solid RPG experience that not a lot of us have seen before. In addition, Far Cry 2 goes for like $35 on eBay (on average) -- it's had a rapid price drop since it released on 10/21.

The other games:
Dead Space - If you're intent on buying Dead Space, wait until Black Friday, where it will be $30 -- someone already said this.
Left 4 Dead - Buy this on the PC. Most likely, the 360 version will not include custom maps, so the gameplay will probably be pretty repetitive when you're playing the same ones over and over. On the PC, custom maps will definitely be available and it won't be repetitive at all considering the wide assortment of maps that will be available to you.

I would say don't get FarCry 2... For a couple reasons, that may/may not effect you:

1) If you are into achievements it is possible to F these up 2 hours into the game before you can even get them done... (ie person dies that is needed later on)

2) Online is just crap... from matchmaking to gameplay itself, it just feels thrown together.

3) It'll be dirt cheap soon if you really do want it

4) It is kind of frustrating, they tried to do a sandbox type FPS, and everything is too damn far away from everything else for its own good. I got sick just trying to drive or ride the bus to my next mission.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I would purchase both Gears of War 2 and Far Cry 2. Here are my reasons:

Gears of War 2 practically swept the gaming industry off its feet, selling I would assume a good bit of copies. I just started playing Gears of War 1 and I'm loving it. The campaign, I have heard, is awesome and breathtaking -- considering EPIC has done everything at a grander scale. Gears of War 2 is definitely a keeper, as you will probably spend some time re-playing the Single Player and also playing Multiplayer constantly, such as Horde mode (if you also have friends of GoW2).

The reason I chose Far Cry 2 is simply because it's underrated. There has rarely been any media attention to Far Cry 2. It's a solid game, and it just falls short of Fallout 3. If you like Fallout 3, you will most likely like Far Cry 2. The only thing that sets Far Cry 2 on the 360 back is a game bug save, where the game gets stuck at 86% complete -- pretty much to solve this, you shouldn't overwrite your saves (just keep making new saves). Far Cry 2 is an amazing experience. Using the dunia system, the graphics and the physics in the game is a new experience to gamers. I'm sure if you've seen videos/screenshots of Far Cry 2, you have seen the flamethrower, where fire can catch upon anything and spread like wildfire depending on the wind. Far Cry 2 might not have a great experience online (I haven't tried it yet so I can't say), but it's definitely a solid Single Player experience that can run you a good 35+ hours on just the normal difficulty. The fact that Far Cry 2 runs a 24-hour system and you can sneak up to people in the dark just makes the game a great solid RPG experience that not a lot of us have seen before. In addition, Far Cry 2 goes for like $35 on eBay (on average) -- it's had a rapid price drop since it released on 10/21.

The other games:
Dead Space - If you're intent on buying Dead Space, wait until Black Friday, where it will be $30 -- someone already said this.
Left 4 Dead - Buy this on the PC. Most likely, the 360 version will not include custom maps, so the gameplay will probably be pretty repetitive when you're playing the same ones over and over. On the PC, custom maps will definitely be available and it won't be repetitive at all considering the wide assortment of maps that will be available to you.[/quote]

:applause:good , i agree with you

Post why you didn't like Gears of War 1. Most people here could probably tell you whether or not what you didn't like is fixed. Gears of War 2 is a keeper to me... the Horde mode and the LONGER campaign make this a must have in my opinion.

Get Dead Space for $30.
Left 4 Dead sounds like it'll be better on PC. It's $20 cheaper and probably have a longer life span with mods and such.

Honestly, just get one and wait until the second one you want is cheaper. With Fallout 3 and Fable 2 it sounds like you already have a lot of gaming time to finish.

bread's done
Back