Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $29.96 @ Amazon

TheGhostrider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Had it in my cart since BF (Xbox 360 version). Don't know if the PS3 version also dropped or remained at that price. That's why I knew it came down (from $39.96 to $29.96). It was $25 on Black Friday, until CM I think.
So anyone that wants it, go ahead. I think I'll wait a little longer to go down to $20.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']It's going back up?

I thought it's 24.99 price point was just a short stop on it's way to 19.99[/QUOTE]

It was $24.99 on Black Friday, but that was a sale. Not a price drop.

I'll sell my PS3 version for $24 shipped right now if anyone is interested PM me. Played through it once, and it's in perfect condition.

Not worth $30.

Bought it for $25 when it was a lightning deal before Black Friday. Game is insanely short. If you're just going through it on normal and not exploring or hunting the collectibles it's probably only 6 hours or less. Honestly not happy paying $25 for it. As far as the actual game play...it's average. I played through on Hard and beat it using the same exact combo after blocking.(square, square, triangle, triangle) Never used counter attacking or "evade attacks". Enemy guarding? Just hold square for like a second to charge the staff and guard break. Staff "shots" were only used when it basically forced you to. Story is good though. It'll keep you entertained. Nothing AMAZING, but it'll keep you going. No replay value what-so-ever. No unlocks or costumes or anything extra besides the collectibles.

Worth $15 when it drops, but $30? No way.

/rant

This game is all story. The gameplay is repetitive and loses it's appeal before long, especially with the repeated enemies. Repeated over and over. Even the characters in the game express frustration with that. :) So, unless you are into video game "stories", this game is not worth $25, let alone $30. Having said that, other people seem to love it for the story, so YMMV.

The game is also buggy. I had a boss get stuck in a wall, and I got stuck in a ledge when I tried to jump off it. In both cases I had quit out of the game and then had to redo part of it get past it. Making the repetition even worse.

I was a big fan of the game. (Picked it up at $25 on BF.)

Yes, it's a tad repetitive...in that you essentially do the same things throughout the game. (Platform to one area, fight a group of mechs, rinse and repeat). It didn't really bother me though, since the game isn't overly long. (That's a good thing to me...others may feel differently.)

But, the game does offer a pretty nice story, with good voice acting and nice graphics.

It was definitely worth $25 to me; prolly even $40.

[quote name='Rig']I was a big fan of the game. (Picked it up at $25 on BF.)

Yes, it's a tad repetitive...in that you essentially do the same things throughout the game. (Platform to one area, fight a group of mechs, rinse and repeat). It didn't really bother me though, since the game isn't overly long. (That's a good thing to me...others may feel differently.)

But, the game does offer a pretty nice story, with good voice acting and nice graphics.

It was definitely worth $25 to me; prolly even $40.[/QUOTE]
I could not agree more with this. I got it for net $21.50 in credit with buying 3 copies on the B2G1 and thought it was well worth the money.

I beat it in two days and the combat never really evolves I guess how some people would want, but I had an absolute blast with it and thought it was a great length (a welcome change from just completing New Vegas).

I heard that the 360 has compressed sounding audio, and looks better... while the PS3 version's surround sound is currently broken... (was this fixed yet?)....

Which is the lead version?

great rental, bought it for 25 and the TIV is about that....up to chapter 8 or 9 now, its a fun action adventure even if some might think its repetitive

I don't play many hours a day so it took me about a week to finish the game. I think it was around 10-12 hours total. I really enjoyed most of it. I thought the voice acting, and story were presented very well, which I expected from Ninja Theory after Heavenly Sword. Some of the gameplay mechanics were annoying and not precise at times, and they did get a bit repetitive. Additionally some of the in-game cues were only on screen for a second so if you blinked you might miss where to go (like I did against the Rhino vs the Gas tank). The ending left me scratching my head a bit, but overall I thought it was a very solid effort and worth the money I spent on it.

One thing I would have liked was for the game to unlock some extras like NT did with Heavenly Sword. I would love to see some "making-ofs" storyboards, concept art, etc...

Also I want to say, Pigsy was by far the best addition to the game. I'd say he's one of the better sidekick characters I've seen in a long time. He has incredibly funny (if not awkward) lines throughout and I just love his character model. Kind of tempted to buy the DLC feeaturing him.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I heard that the 360 has compressed sounding audio, and looks better... while the PS3 version's surround sound is currently broken... (was this fixed yet?)....

Which is the lead version?[/QUOTE]

What did you hear about it was broken? Because while I used my surround sound headset the sound would sometimes be way out of sync on certain cutscenes(when you first meet Pigsby) or when I performed a takedown on an enemy there would be no sound. So ya I had some sound problems on the Ps3.

[quote name='Rig']I was a big fan of the game. (Picked it up at $25 on BF.)

It was definitely worth $25 to me; prolly even $40.[/QUOTE]

I just finished this game and it was entertaining. Though I'm also aware that Ninja Theory, Andy Sirkis and team worked on Heavenly Sword, so I wanted to see what they were up to.

Great acting by the cast on this one. And I agree, I was satisfied with the game length.

I am also playing through this game and I'm really enjoying it. Looks gorgeous (and not just Trip ;)), has good voice work, and I am really into the story. Doesn't seem that short to me, but then again I'm not the type to sit through a game for hours on end. Usually 1 chapter is enough for me for a day.

I too picked this up during the $25 deal and I have to say it was a solid game. I do think it's worth $25-30; as other have remarked, the game is on the short-end, but I prefer games that keep what is necessary and cut out the unneeded fat. There's hardly any "padding" on this game. The story moves along at a constant pace, and rarely are you left wondering why you're being put to task to do something.

The combat is a bit repetitive but that doesn't mean it's entirely lacking depth. You can unlock a few moves by collecting the glowing orbs through Trip's shop. That said, you could probably get away with just button-mashing, but not always. I liked the way NT added the two different weapons to Monkey's staff, though I wish they could have done more with it.

That's one thing you'll probably feel in this game (especially since the ending begs for an epilogue), and that is how much more the game could have been if NT had more funds behind it. I think the story is excellent -- for a videogame story. Despite the great animation and awesome emotional expressions in its characters, I felt the characters could have used some more development, but Enslaved does a much, much better job than most games out there at getting one to relate to the plights of its protagonists.

I would love to see more games like Enslaved; gameplay certainly takes second fiddle to the story here, but it successfully keeps you engaged to finish, and that's saying something.

Definitely worth a play-through for every gamer. It's a shining example of what can be done with the medium, and it's easily worth it IMHO at $30.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Also I want to say, Pigsy was by far the best addition to the game. I'd say he's one of the better sidekick characters I've seen in a long time. He has incredibly funny (if not awkward) lines throughout and I just love his character model. Kind of tempted to buy the DLC feeaturing him.[/QUOTE]

I liked the game so much that I went and bought the DLC (and I'm not one who buys much DLC).

It's fairly short. Pigsy ends up with four item/weapons and his gun/sniper rifle. The small story is kinda funny, and I really liked his "sidekick". His play style is more stealth and sniper kills, whereas Monkey (for me at least) was nearly all run in and fight.

Is it worth 800 points ($10)? Maybe not...but then, how long will it take to ever see it on sale? I splurged simply because Ninja Theory has now impressed me twice (I also enjoyed Heavenly Sword).

Subpar deal, it's been for sale $25 for like 3 days over BF weekend, best to just wait for it to drop again. Pretty sure you'll see it on GF for like $20 soon

I also got it for $25 on BF - It is a great game - especially the story - The animation in particular for the cut scenes was what grabbed me most - have never seen another game that can convey so much emotion through the eyes alone - that being said I never felt the controls of movement were as fluid or responsive as they could be and I agree with the repetative combat and lack of replayability. All together I'd say its worth $30 at most - $20 or less def buy it - if you have Gamefly can easily finish it in 2-3 days - be satisfied and move on to other things also.

Looking for this one to hit the price of $15 or less before I bite. It looks like a solid story, solid character development, repetitive gameplay. No multiplayer, no reason to play again.

Not sure why developers keep thinking games of this ilk deserve $40, to say nothing of the $60 they always start at. If they'd price it at what it's worth ($20), then I might buy it when it first comes out instead of waiting now until it's $15 or less.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Looking for this one to hit the price of $15 or less before I bite. It looks like a solid story, solid character development, repetitive gameplay. No multiplayer, no reason to play again.

Not sure why developers keep thinking games of this ilk deserve $40, to say nothing of the $60 they always start at. If they'd price it at what it's worth ($20), then I might buy it when it first comes out instead of waiting now until it's $15 or less.[/QUOTE]

Well it all comes down to what you'd rather pay for. I absolutely hate MP games and would much rather support a company that puts out a quality single-player experience. I can appreciate the whole "bang for your buck" mentality, but I think it's overrated when there are still plenty of gamers that have no interest of playing online. Now I agree that $60 is too much and it would have been nice to have a "game +" mode or something after you beat it, but I got it for $25 and think it may have been the best $25 I spent on gaming this year because I would have had no problem paying $40 for the experience that I got out of it.

I bit today and got it with Halo Wars (which I wanted since its release; I'm a huge fan of Halo games) for $22.37 each (total $44.75). I was going to wait until Enslaved was $20, so I decided $2 was nothing :D

bread's done
Back