Epic Mickey 2 Preorder $45 Xbox/PS3/Wii

I might have to get this just to see how good it looks on the PS3. I got the first on the Wii when it came out but still haven't finished it yet, it was fun, but not compelling. I just finished Uncharted which I thought was lackluster but am really looking forward to the next 2. Maybe I'll wait for reviews.

Yeah I didnt even play the first but this one has 2 player which I always like and apparently they're really working on the camera which I guess was an issue with the original, so hopefully it turns out good.

Wow, surprised to see a sequel. Seemed like the first was a flop. I liked it, although it was like a poor man's Mario Galaxy. I'll probably look into a sequel.

I really loved the first one but I'm not sure what platform I want to buy this on. With the Wii I get the familiar control scheme and the ability to share the game with my little sister (who really liked the first one as well) or the better graphics of the PS3 version.

Decisions, decisions ... Of course, I only paid $30 for the first one so I can wait a little bit I guess.

Really enjoyed the first one of these. thanks op.
tyuioiujhytfrd

[quote name='zubalove']I think it "flopped" from a publisher perspective. They anticipated a much higher revenue based on the fact it was a game starring Disney's marque character.[/QUOTE]

The first one sold over 1.3 million though which is pretty good, I can only imagine this one does even better being multi console.

Pre-ordered. It'll probably go up to MSRP shortly.

Still need to play the first one. Wish it was get re-released on the 360.

Odd.. Amazon did the exact same thing with Epic Mickey 1. $44.99 pre-order, and then I even got it in my gold box, too. I'll try my luck with this one, too. Is this supposed to release this year, do we know?

I'm trying for the 360 version to get in my Gold Box, but I'll probably end up springing for the possible Wii U launch version.

[quote name='rjejr'] I got the first on the Wii when it came out but still haven't finished it yet, it was fun, but not compelling.[/QUOTE]

+1

I think the camera complaints were overblown. Sure there were some issues, but centering isn't that big a deal. People have just become spoiled these days. :lol:

If this was a straight up Wii sequel I'd have zero interest, but since it's on the 360/PS3 I might be checking it out. Loved the concept of the original, but hated the SD graphics and Wii controls. 360/PS3 alleviates both of those problems.

[quote name='Corvin']I think the camera complaints were overblown. Sure there were some issues, but centering isn't that big a deal. People have just become spoiled these days. :lol:[/quote]

There were issues at times when I had to jump blind because I couldn't get the right angle. You are right, tho, that it could be overcome.

If this was a straight up Wii sequel I'd have zero interest, but since it's on the 360/PS3 I might be checking it out. Loved the concept of the original, but hated the SD graphics and Wii controls. 360/PS3 alleviates both of those problems.

The problem I had with the controls had little to do with the Wii, and much to do with the game itself. Level design (shooting paint/thinner while on stairs, the inability to shoot down from higher places) made some of it more difficult than it should have been.

I also assume that there will be Move/Kinect support, which is the reason why this has become multiplatform, so your issues with controls might still be an issue. I'm curious if they are working on a WiiU version as well...

Epic Mickey was a great game. The camera was difficult though. I can't imagine trying to play this on Kinect. I'll stick to the Wiimote instead.

edit. BTW, if amazon makes a price mistake, they'll have no problem deleting your pre-order and not honor their pre-order guarantee.

[quote name='drawingboard']edit. BTW, if amazon makes a price mistake, they'll have no problem deleting your pre-order and not honor their pre-order guarantee.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten in on countless pre-order price guarantees saving me over $10 each time from short price drops/errors, and they've never, ever canceled on me.

Also, this is not a price snafu, this is intentional:

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Pre-order Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two and save $5.00. Get it the get it the day it comes out with Release-Date Delivery. Learn more

Epic Mickey had some really great moments. One of my favorite was moving around on Steamboat Willie's Steamboat. I wish the game had a open world feel to it. There was too much of completing a room and moving onto the next one. It got really repetitive.

[quote name='TheLongshot']
I also assume that there will be Move/Kinect support, which is the reason why this has become multiplatform, so your issues with controls might still be an issue. I'm curious if they are working on a WiiU version as well...[/QUOTE]

Damn. You're probably right.

[quote name='4tygames']Epic Mickey had some really great moments. One of my favorite was moving around on Steamboat Willie's Steamboat.[/QUOTE]

The 2D levels made the game, but they were way too short. Imagine a full length 2D game ala Rayman Origins built around the old Disney shorts. Game. Of. The. Year.

Cool that it's hitting the current gen hardware too this time...

But...to my relative surprise, the first game was AWFUL. I love Deus Ex...LOVE Deus Ex. I like 3D platformers. There's even a history of good Micky games...like quite a lot of them.

But this was icky...sure hope the second game is better... Not sure they should use the same name (assuming it's been radically improved), but I bet they are since the first one I think sold well...but a lot of that was because of the Warren Specter name...

Can you not combine two of these? I'd like to pre-order both the Wii and 3DS games but when doing so only one of the $5.00 discounts is applied.

I guess I'll have to order them separately.

[quote name='drawingboard']Epic Mickey was a great game. The camera was difficult though. I can't imagine trying to play this on Kinect. I'll stick to the Wiimote instead.

edit. BTW, if amazon makes a price mistake, they'll have no problem deleting your pre-order and not honor their pre-order guarantee.[/QUOTE]

never had amazon ever cancel an order on me for any reason.

Huge fan of the first game, but kind of hoping for a preorder bonus (Mickey and Oswald statue please). If nothing turns up, I'll come back to Amazon.

Just to update I dont know if this is a mistake or not, but for the PS3 version when I originally posted this they were selling it for $45 after the promo. Right now though it's $45, plus it takes another $5 off (as a promo) when you go to check out. So it's $39.96 total right now. Same with the Wii version.

Again this is for the PS3 and Wii versions only.

Just an FYI the first game dropped in price pretty quickly. Not quite overnight like Enslaved and Rayman Origins but pretty close. With an Oct 1st release date (which I don't believe but that's what Aamzon says) this could be $20 by BF. TRU had a lot of holiday game sales last Dec. $40 for a 2 player co-op PS3 game is REALLY tempting me, but since it will probably be a Christmas present think I'll wait.

The MSRP for this is $50 so it's not a mistake. They also tinkered around with the pre-order price on this before; the 360 version was $45 for a time when it was first announced also (though there was no promo on it at that time).

I also enjoyed the first Epic Mickey but felt the game got bogged down in too many fetch quests/backtracking about 2/3 of the way through. By that point I lost interest and never finished it (it was a long game, surprisingly). If they iron out some of the design and fix the camera this ought to be quite good, especially with superior graphics.

[quote name='kurtori']It's worth noting that the Epic Mickey game I'm most excited about, Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for 3DS, also has a $5 off preorder offer on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Epic-Mickey-Power-Illusion-nintendo-3ds/dp/B007R6U53C/

According to Disney it is the spiritual successor to the classic Sega Genesis game, Castle of Illusion.[/QUOTE]

The fact that they claim that has me interested, as Castle of Illusion's still a fantastic platformer...it's a shame licensing probably stops it from getting remade or rereleased on a Genesis collection, as it's one of the best.

the main game? Well...thank goodness it's on current gen hardware now, like it should have been to begin with, but I really didn't like the first one. I like Mickey just fine (there have really been a ton of good or great Mickey games when you think about it!) and I love platformers, and I love Deus Ex...and then Epic Mickey is just...I won't quite call it garbage, but MAN is it a mediocre platformer from a guy who made one of the best games of all time...

[quote name='TerpsJunkie']Discount is shown when checking out...[/QUOTE]
ah thanks, im guessing that was mentioned somewhere and i need to learn how to read :bouncy:

[quote name='battra92']I really loved the first one but I'm not sure what platform I want to buy this on. With the Wii I get the familiar control scheme and the ability to share the game with my little sister (who really liked the first one as well) or the better graphics of the PS3 version.

Decisions, decisions ... Of course, I only paid $30 for the first one so I can wait a little bit I guess.[/QUOTE]

I think i will gst the ps3 version if it works with the move

XBOX 360 version is in Gold Box now (NOT Lightning Deals) for $42.71, so with the current promo the total comes out to $37.71 ($42.71 - $5.00).

I got an email from Amazon. The game has been delayed and because the new release date (in November) is a Sunday, my Prime free release date delivery can't happen. They credited my account $5. Pretty cool on their part.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I got an email from Amazon. The game has been delayed and because the new release date (in November) is a Sunday, my Prime free release date delivery can't happen. They credited my account $5. Pretty cool on their part.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I posted a thread about it yesterday. Have no idea where it is now, lol.

bread's done
Back