Epic Mickey Paintbrush Nunchuk: Up for order @ Amazon for $19.99!

Downhome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
If any of you want one of these to use or as a collectible, order it now. It has been a very hard item to find, usually at Kmart, but Amazon gets them in stock every now and then. They have them up for order for $19.99 right now, but will not be available for shipping until December 28th.

The item has been on the PDP site listed as out of stock for quite a while, but they recently totally deleted it from their listings. I called them and spoke to a few people who all told me they are done producing this item, and they will not be producing/shipping anymore, and the latest shipment recently went out, which I assume was to Amazon to cover their current orders.

They also told me they only made a select few thousand of these in the first place, so there aren't many out there.

EDIT:

As I type this they took it down, but it keeps coming back if you refresh a number of times. I'm going to go ahead and still post this just to make some of you guys aware of it.

Interesting. I have no use for it, but I did see one in Target the other night. I don't know how much they had it for but there was one left.

[quote name='Downhome']I think it is $14.99 at Target. It is $19.99 at Kmart if you can find it there anymore.[/QUOTE]
Its $19.99 at Target also, I was looking at them a couple days ago. The $14.99 price may have been a sale at one point.

There was one left at Wal-Mart locally that I snagged, I would guess they are all over the place in rural Wal-Marts. If the OP is right, I might snag others if I see them, but I'm holding on to the receipts in case this doesn't end up being rare in the next month or so.

It has already ended up rare, you can't hardly find them anymore. Looking back, these have already sold for as much as $70 on Amazon, going for around $50 after shipping on eBay now with very few even listed there anymore. I have one sealed to just keep and another one I opened up to play with just to see what it is all about. It is an incredibly well made product actually. The same company that made the Epic Mickey charger made these as well.

Too bad the game got mediocre reviews at best . . . another mediocre title for the Wii. What a surprise.

I have a friend who bought a Wii a year ago, and it just sits collecting dust (like so many non-gamers who bought them). I told her to get some new games for it, then maybe she's play. So I went looking for a few to give her for xmas, but 99% of the stuff on the shelves at local stores was utter garbage. I have never seen so much shovelware for a system in my life, like every lame game company jumped on the bandwagon just to shove some crap out on the market. Really sad.

I ended up getting her the Namco Museum Megamix and the Gottleib Pinball collection; meant to get her the Williams Pinball collection (which I LOVE on the PSP, PS3, and XBox 360) but, I'll get that version later for her birthday.

Shame there aren't more good retail games for the Wii, wel at least they have "downloadable" games with many of the old SNES and other classics.

While there are plenty of shovelware crap for the wii, there are also some great titles. If you can't find any, you're not trying hard enough. Either that or maybe she just doesn't like video games. That happens to a lot of wii bandwagon jumpers. But that doesn't mean there are no good wii titles.

I hate being pulled into things like this, but ugh. Come on, there are plenty of great games for the Wii. Sure, the selection is cluttered by a ton of crap, but trust me, there are plenty of good games to be had. I think I own more games for the Wii than the PS3 or 360 combined at the moment.

[quote name='confoosious']While there are plenty of shovelware crap for the wii, there are also some great titles. If you can't find any, you're not trying hard enough. Either that or maybe she just doesn't like video games. That happens to a lot of wii bandwagon jumpers. But that doesn't mean there are no good wii titles.[/QUOTE]

This! Thank you.
That said, if your only interest is in FPS to play with your buddies, then this is not the console for you.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Too bad the game got mediocre reviews at best . . . another mediocre title for the Wii. What a surprise.

I have a friend who bought a Wii a year ago, and it just sits collecting dust (like so many non-gamers who bought them). I told her to get some new games for it, then maybe she's play. So I went looking for a few to give her for xmas, but 99% of the stuff on the shelves at local stores was utter garbage. I have never seen so much shovelware for a system in my life, like every lame game company jumped on the bandwagon just to shove some crap out on the market. Really sad.

I ended up getting her the Namco Museum Megamix and the Gottleib Pinball collection; meant to get her the Williams Pinball collection (which I LOVE on the PSP, PS3, and XBox 360) but, I'll get that version later for her birthday.

Shame there aren't more good retail games for the Wii, wel at least they have "downloadable" games with many of the old SNES and other classics.[/QUOTE]

I've finished Epic Mickey a couple days ago, and while it isn't anywhere near GotY material, it's still a great game and it's definitely worth playing for all Disney fans and fans of good platforming games who have already played Super Mario Galaxy 2.

[quote name='Downhome']It has already ended up rare, you can't hardly find them anymore. [/QUOTE]

Ok, so you've checked the billions of rural wal-marts and mine was almost the only one that had one a few days ago?

Ebay is no indication of how many Wal-marts it is still sitting in. Idiots pay outrageously on ebay all the time for stuff they could find around the corner at retail price.

Seriously--unless you know the stock of every big box store in the country how can you claim this?

That being said, the one star rating for this topic is delusional. It costs about the same as a regular nunchuk, so why not? Not a "deal" maybe but it isn't like they are easy to order.

bread's done
Back