Erik's LOWBALL Null and Void

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK well should i let it continue ? a lot of folks seem to be having technical problems
The techincal problem is not following your lowball rules. This ended with the final valid post at 9:29.

You can't extend it any further. Already having done it so close to the end was a bad sign to begin with.

ok well im sorry for any issues and complications i might have caused anyone. first lowball jitters, i suppose. id like to extend it but i fear id piss off more than id help

LOWBALL OVER

NO MORE BIDS ARE ACCEPTED
What is this? You didn't state we were waiting until your post in the rules. You posted it ended at 9:00 and then changed it to 9:30.

blazenumb was the winning bidder for your "ends at 9:30" posting.

Prepare for issues due to lack of clear end time!

That's what I was wondering you said 9:30 not a rolling stop. Dv8mad is the king of these things, thought I obviosuly won and should.

CAG is not fit for lowballs at this time anyway. This was a bad day to end it. It takes like 45 seconds to post, couple that with an actual bid time specified (which no one really does on lowballs) and no roll bidding 

Roll bidding is only real way to do it fairly IMO

CAG is not fit for lowballs at this time anyway. This was a bad day to end it. It takes like 45 seconds to post, couple that with an actual bid time specified (which no one really does on lowballs) and no roll bidding

No, a random end time with a post as written in the rules is the real way to do it.

It avoids all of this drama, doesn't get the "it's not fair to keep it rolling due to my timezone" complaints and, generally, makes things 110% easier for the seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is that CAGs technical issues robbed at least $100 worth of extra bids from masterchief

But I agree with dv8mad about the random stop time. It stops the sniping (which EVERYONE did in this lowball due to having an exact time specified), then again this is his first lowball

I agree, however this one said one thing, cant switch it up at the end.

Says the 'winner' :p

should have had a rolling end time instead of an extension imo, but if it ended at 9:30 why were people still bidding up to 9:31?

All I know is that CAGs technical issues robbed at least $100 worth of extra bids from masterchief
OK yes im sorry everyone. this was a royal cluster fuck and i wasnt prepared. i wish we could go on but when dv8mad is scolding you, its best to listen. so ill do my best to work this out and send invoices. please bear with me

Just my two cents but I think this should be dealt with by master and dv8 since its his lowball and dv8 is dv8 lol. I also don't mind if my 9:30 post is null and void since rules are rules. 

OK yes im sorry everyone. this was a royal cluster fuck and i wasnt prepared. i wish we could go on but when dv8mad is scolding you, its best to listen. so ill do my best to work this out and send invoices. please bear with me
Apologies. I'm not trying to be rough on you, but this is a good learning experience.

It comes along every few months and allows me to reland the importance of planning the end of a lowball as it is the most crucial component.

A lowball can run along perfectly and be destroyed in the final minute.

Just my two cents but I think this should be dealt with by master and dv8 since its his lowball and dv8 is dv8 lol. I also don't mind if my 9:30 post is null and void since rules are rules.
I agree. This is master's lowball in the end. And there's a lot of technical crap that went down, so the solution isn't so black-and-white IMO.

I SAY, I SAY....

Lowball RE-DO :whee:

Start time 6/10/13 10 AM MST

End time: 6/17/13 - 9 PM - 10 PM Random end time - Rolling stop time* (Only on items receiving bid within last 5 minutes of lowball ending). Roll time adds additional 3 minutes.

Problem solved

EDIT: Dante's idea is better. 

What's extending gonna fix? If these problems came up tonight they will arise again. It was said for a week that it was an exact end time and then moved to another exact end time, not rolling. It's done.

Extending will pretty much fix everything especially with rolling bid on the high value items. OP kinda got robbed on a lot of these items due to the issues (and some poor planning)

Edit: I don't even care if I don't win so as long as the items went to the true high bidder and not the person who lucked out by pressing the submit post button at the right millisecond (which is what happened).

Extending will also give a chance to everyone to bid accordingly, knowing that the issues with site may continue tomorrow.

Redoing everything would be a little extreme, but again its OP's choice completely on what he thinks is fair.

People will complain anyways, whatever option is chosen or even if status quo is maintained

Extending won't fix everything. As a matter of fact, it will break one of the mainstays for holding a lowball.

Please plan your auction ahead. Your end time is a verbal contract with your bidders and is not flexible. Please ensure that you will be ready and able to end your auction within the window specified in your lowball rules.
Mistakes were made. Obviously.

CAG may have had some issues, I don't know, it was perfectly fine on my end. However, unless the site is 100% non-reachable, the lowball must go on!

There have been technical issues reported in the past, but when it comes right down to it, that's the way it goes when you do pretty much anything online.

The only thing we have when it comes to lowballs is the word of the seller and the bids of the other CAGs.

Someone mentioned they wanted masterchief to get his extra $100, I would challenge and ask why you didn't bid higher; earlier.

We all hope to make decent money when it comes to lowballs, hell, my next lowball is all about making money. Still, if I end up with 10% value on everything, I have to scrape that cash together and make due knowing some fellow CAGs got really great deals.

Eh.. This could have all been fixed if master put 3 single words in his OP:
Rolling End Time

Edit: Also, NOBODY specifies exact end times for this specific reason

everyone, first off, my deepest apologies for being a fucking idiot and not planning the end of this lowball more thoroughly. i thnik the best thing for me to do is to extend it one more day so the lowball will now end TOMORROW JUNE 10TH BETWEEN 8 AND 9 PM MST AT A RANDOM TIME TO BE DETERMINED BY ME. THE LOWBALL WILL END WHEN I POST LOWBALL OVER. 

i understand this is a polarizing decision and if you choose to revoke your bids, please just me know and ill take care of it. thank you and please dont hate me too much !

Not really the OP's fault for CAG being slow. Hopefully things will speed up, as I've found myself being on CAG a lot less since the new update. As a high bidder, I am not angry you're extending this -- but hopefully you won't get too much flak from others.

Good on you man :)
I have my doubts that I'll win, but it's going to be better for everyone IMO

Not really the OP's fault for CAG being slow. Hopefully things will speed up, as I've found myself being on CAG a lot less since the new update. As a high bidder, I am not angry you're extending this -- but hopefully you won't get too much flak from others.
I think the only person that's really going to be mad is blaze as he got the most advantage IMO

everyone, first off, my deepest apologies for being a fucking idiot and not planning the end of this lowball more thoroughly. i thnik the best thing for me to do is to extend it one more day so the lowball will now end TOMORROW JUNE 10TH BETWEEN 8 AND 9 PM MST AT A RANDOM TIME TO BE DETERMINED BY ME. THE LOWBALL WILL END WHEN I POST LOWBALL OVER.

i understand this is a polarizing decision and if you choose to revoke your bids, please just me know and ill take care of it. thank you and please dont hate me too much !
I'll be revoking all of my bids as I can't be a part of this.

Good on you man :)
I have my doubts that I'll win, but it's going to be better for everyone IMO

I think the only person that's really going to be mad is blaze as he got the most advantage IMO

Considering I won, yea I'm not happy. Understand it's his first lowball but you can't change the rules just because the outcome didnt work out the way he wanted.

I'll be revoking all of my bids as I can't be a part of this.
I am also stepping away from this one

Unless goodnight144 drops out, it's his bid of $130.
Not the case. The price was raised to that level through bids against pacino. If his bids are revoked, the bidding war against him was not valid. Yet another issue that needs to be dealt with properly and will become a headache.

The last valid bid on that item would be between two participating CAGs.

bids updated. 

i got in touch with goodnight144 and he wishes to keep his $130 bid on God of War Omega Edition

if there are any irregularities with the bids in the OP or anyone would like to revoke their bids, please let me know 

whoa, another extension? because of the slow posting time? Everyone here was aware of the site being glitchy at times with the redesign, but thats just a reason to bid high ard early not wait until the last minute to start a bid war on a glitchy site. Sounds like everyone is kinda upset that blaze got lucky, but someone had to, what did you expect? It sounds like poor planning on everyone because they wanted to be king CAG, but lost and now they're jaded. I can see why the OP would want an extension with promises of more money from the unfortunate bidders, but imo everyone had a part shaping this and it is what it is. The Rules right? OP, what would Ned Stark do? 

I was a little upset with the extra 30 minutes (EST) now with the extra day I would like to revoking all of my bids.  I am not jaded just moving on, thanks and good luck with the extra day.

Wow, this turned out to be really messy in the end :( I'm going to keep my bids but am not so happy about all of the extensions since my workplace has me go to bed rather early (6:00 MST). Major bummer =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back