Error 21

y2jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
First off,
My apologies is this has been brought up in another thread, but I'm in need of some help from my fellow CAGers.

My Xbox is playing fine, custom soundtracks, all saved games are still intact. But, if I turn on w/o a game in the tray or eject a game while the power is on I get the "Service required. Call customer support" with the "21" in the corner.

So, with my Xbox unmodded, I called 800-4my-xbox. So, of course I get the "we can fix it for $79.90"(I love how they waited until the end to drop the $79.90 bombshell). I bought my Xbox from EB in 1-2005, extended warranty ran out 6 weeks ago.

I've googled my a$$ off and can seem to find a fix.

Over half of the original price tag to fix something that is 14 months old goes against every CAGing bone in my body.

My Xbox messed up a lot at one point, and MS told me the same thing. I refused to pay, and luckily the problem eventually just went away. Good luck.

[quote name='y2jedi']So, with my Xbox unmodded, I called 800-4my-xbox.[/quote]

Are you saying that it was modded and you removed it/turned it off, or that it was never modded in the first place?

No,
My xbox is virgin territory. I considered modding it at one point(for the emulators), but I was afraid I'd mess something up. The only fixes I saw once I googled was regarding modded xboxes. There was some hellified storms rolling thru KY last night. I think it may have been from the lightning, even though I had it plugged in thru a power strip. Hopefully the CAGing gods will smile upon me and this problem may go away like it did for Mr. Anderson.

bread's done
Back