ESA Triple Pack PS3 $14.99 @ Best Buy YMMV

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
Picked up an Entertainment Software Association (ESA) Triple Pack for :ps3: (SKU 1623821) for $14.99 @ Best Buy that includes the following titles:

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Great deal considering that the original Uncharted still ranges from $15 to $30 on its own. The ESA Triple Pack goes for around $45 itself on Amazon.com so for $14.99 this seemed like a steal. Cannot find on BB.com but I'll paste an Amazon link below if you'd like more info about the product or would like to see what it looks like. VERY YMMV!

http://www.amazon.com/ESA-Game-Pack-2-PlayStation-3/dp/B004BECNYW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1348809376&sr=1-1&keywords=esa

Last edited by a moderator:
This pack is also $19.99 at GS IF you can find a copy of it. I got lucky and found what I believe is the LAST one in my immediate area about 3-6 months ago.

I'm almost positive I've seen this at my local Best Buy. I'll stop by tomorrow and see if I get the same price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']1623821[/QUOTE]

Thanks IATCG! Added it to the OP. Tried searching for it using your little trick, seems to be completely out of the system. You guys might want to try calling and giving CS rep the SKU to see if your closest store has it in stock.

Oh wow this is a steal of a deal even w/ Merc 2 in there which is a horrendously awful game. I hope I can find one of these but knowing my luck I'm not counting on it :(

Just got back from BB and after spending 10-15 minutes looking for it, I couldn't find a copy. I even had one of the employees in the gaming department who I'm familiar with try and look the game up, but he couldn't even find it in their system. I even told him to look up the "ESA" phrase and all that came up was some holiday collection for the 360. I guess I should've gone with the SKU in hand but the thought slipped my mind.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Thanks IATCG! Added it to the OP. Tried searching for it using your little trick, seems to be completely out of the system. You guys might want to try calling and giving CS rep the SKU to see if your closest store has it in stock.[/QUOTE]
The SKU swap trick on BB's website hasn't worked for me for about two weeks or so now. I tried using the SKU for the one media cabinet that I already bought one of to see if the much further off store that was showing one in stock a month ago is still showing it available as I may buy a second one for storing my BLOP Prestige items and some other stuff up in my room upstairs.
[quote name='roundhouse']Oh wow this is a steal of a deal even w/ Merc 2 in there which is a horrendously awful game. I hope I can find one of these but knowing my luck I'm not counting on it :([/QUOTE]
I didn't think Mercenaries 2 was really that bad. I always got a kick out of the imploding animation when you'd damage a building enough. But compared to stuff like Just Cause 2, GTAIV(or Episodes) or even Saint's Row 2/3 the game world was kind of meh to look at.

But the ability to call in a tactical nuclear strike towards the end of the game was an absolute blast in more ways than one imo.:evil:

[quote name='PimpLimp']Just got back from BB and after spending 10-15 minutes looking for it, I couldn't find a copy. I even had one of the employees in the gaming department who I'm familiar with try and look the game up, but he couldn't even find it in their system. I even told him to look up the "ESA" phrase and all that came up was some holiday collection for the 360. I guess I should've gone with the SKU in hand but the thought slipped my mind.[/QUOTE]

Even when this released it was hard to find. It was $30 MSRP so it sold pretty well. I've only seen it twice, and i've never seen a copy at the 5 BBs in the bay area.

Mercs 2 had its servers axed for online play if I recall. Essentially, this means theres close to a dozen trophies youll never get now.

EA has been annually killing game servers all over the place now.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Mercs 2 had its servers axed for online play if I recall. Essentially, this means theres close to a dozen trophies youll never get now.

EA has been annually killing game servers all over the place now.[/QUOTE]
Actually I believe the PC servers got axed, but the PS3 ones were still up the last time I checked. Unless that's changed recently, since I hadn't really searched for info on the servers due to suddenly stopping my play through of the game agan.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I believe the PC servers got axed, but the PS3 ones were still up the last time I checked. Unless that's changed recently, since I hadn't really searched for info on the servers due to suddenly stopping my play through of the game agan.[/QUOTE]

Even if that's true, the online was (and might still be) broken when I tried it 2 years ago or so. I couldn't connect to any of my friends no matter how hard we tried.

[quote name='Roll']Even if that's true, the online was (and might still be) broken when I tried it 2 years ago or so. I couldn't connect to any of my friends no matter how hard we tried.[/QUOTE]
I played with one friend of mine for a little bit about two years ago and it was ok. But I guess it depends on your internet speed. Mine sucks so I was surprised it even connected.

[quote name='tightclaws']I see ESA and I shutter, anything with that name on it, makes me cringe after their scam on people with subscriptions.[/QUOTE]

That's the ECA. They are the scam artists led by Hal. ;)

[quote name='slowdive21']That's the ECA. They are the scam artists led by Hal. ;)[/QUOTE]
But you have to admit that some of the folks here and elsewhere were also being a bit scammy by using those 10% stacking codes or whatever they were on pre-orders on Amazon to get new releases for 50% off or more or transferring those codes over to a different pre-order to keep the cycle going.

bread's done
Back