Escape Dead Island PS3 Pre-Order $1.00 Target.com?

Bah, I ordered one, and it is still showing in my account.

Apologies if this was a waste of time.

desktop has no pre-order link, mobile does, but if you try to click the pre-order button it still won't let you add it it to your cart.

Almost had this price matched at BBY via 1-800 number. The representative I spoke to had to first confirm they can price match pre-orders, after reading the fine print we were able to establish that pre-orders are included in the price-matching policy. After the rep saw the price there was a lot of confusion, but no mention of this being an error or glitch by the rep started to get the ball moving on the PM. Until of course the rep put on the Jr. detective hat and went back to the website to see if the item can be added to the cart. After not being able to find an "add to cart" button, I was told that there is no way for them to confirm the final price as being $1 so I would have to wait until the button returns.

If anyone else wants to try PMing on BBY, you may get lucky.

Almost had this price matched at BBY via 1-800 number. The representative I spoke to had to first confirm they can price match pre-orders, after reading the fine print we were able to establish that pre-orders are included in the price-matching policy. After the rep saw the price there was a lot of confusion, but no mention of this being an error or glitch by the rep started to get the ball moving on the PM. Until of course the rep put on the Jr. detective hat and went back to the website to see if the item can be added to the cart. After not being able to find an "add to cart" button, I was told that there is no way for them to confirm the final price as being $1 so I would have to wait until the button returns.

If anyone else wants to try PMing on BBY, you may get lucky.
There's no longer a product page. When did you do this?

There's no longer a product page. When did you do this?
Just now, it keeps popping back in and out.. The rep had to try a few times clicking on the product results from the search, but eventually it worked. I actually thought that worked to my advantage since I was going with the "They must be having website issues or doing some maintenance" spiel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just now, it keeps popping back in and out.. The rep had to try a few times clicking on the product results from the search, but eventually it worked. I actually thought that worked to my advantage since I was going with the "They must be having website issues or doing some maintenance" spiel.
That's a good idea, I may just give that a try. Would you recommend phone or chat? I've never called them up before, so I have no clue how they are on the phone.

That's a good idea, I may just give that a try.
It only give me an issue once or twice, so I told the rep that it was working fine for me. The Best Buy system is very unstable and has a lot of issues, so most of the times the rep will think it's in their end.

Remember not to mention anything about this being a possible glitch or pricing error, as that will prevent them from being able to price match the item. Be sure to be assertive with the price-matching policy, and that you are able to price match pre-orders.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

It only give me an issue once or twice, so I told the rep that it was working fine for me. The Best Buy system is very unstable and has a lot of issues, so most of the times the rep will think it's in their end.

Remember not to mention anything about this being a possible glitch or pricing error, as that will prevent them from being able to price match the item. Be sure to be assertive with the price-matching policy, and that you are able to price match pre-orders.

Nope, no good. Went through a whole process, and the woman ended up calling Target, and they told her it was a place holder price basically, and people who paid a dollar would have to pay the remainder of the balance upon pickup. No clue if that's true or not, but i'm not spending another ten minutes on the phone with someone else to find out.

We all know this will be in a Humble Bundle eventually anyway... :D/

Nope, no good. Went through a whole process, and the woman ended up calling Target, and they told her it was a place holder price basically, and people who paid a dollar would have to pay the remainder of the balance upon pickup. No clue if that's true or not, but i'm not spending another ten minutes on the phone with someone else to find out.

We all know this will be in a Humble Bundle eventually anyway... :D/
Eh, what the heck. I'll give this a shot after work if the page is still accessible.

Eh, what the heck. I'll give this a shot after work if the page is still accessible.
No-go for me. The rep was friendly enough, but the fact that the page says "Not Sold in Stores" is what prevented the PM. If that wasn't there, I probably would have gotten it. :wall:

Oh, well.

bread's done
Back