Escape From City 17 - Part One

yellowaznboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Directed by The Purchase Brothers.

The Escape From City 17 short film series is an adaptation based on the Half Life computer game saga by Valve Corporation. Originally envisioned as a project to test out numerous post production techniques, as well as a spec commercial, it ballooned into a multi part series. Filmed guerilla style with no money, no time, no crew, no script, the first two episodes were made from beginning to end on a budget of $500.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo

Looks promising.

I watched this earlier today. This is exactly what a Half-Life movie should be. These guys have perfectly represented the Half-Life world and through some form of magic they were able to use CG without it being overbearing; the CG actually blends with the live action surroundings. I would really like it if they were able to make a full length movie, but hopefully this mini series suffices.

Just a note: the HD version on youtube looks really good, but there is a problem with the framerate—at least on my end. I would suggest going to their website and watching it from there because it is better quality than the standard version on youtube without the HD version's framerate issues, however, there site is down from all of their attention.

Just.. amazing. Only on $500? I was pretty immersed, I didn't feel like I was watching CG. It was believable.

I guarantee that this just got these guys a job.

bread's done
Back