ESPN Playmakers

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is onsale at bestbuy.com for $24.99. I picked it up cause I was ordering an XBOX game Stubbs. Wasnt sure if this was posted before. The series I thought was entertaining from what I remember but I missed a few episodes. Some say its not realistic but the NFL making ESPN not renew the show for a second season has got to be proof some people thought it was to close to the dark side of the NFL.

[quote name='goldeneye64']Is onsale at bestbuy.com for $24.99. I picked it up cause I was ordering an XBOX game Stubbs. Wasnt sure if this was posted before. The series I thought was entertaining from what I remember but I missed a few episodes. Some say its not realistic but the NFL making ESPN not renew the show for a second season has got to be proof some people thought it was to close to the dark side of the NFL.[/quote]

I have this set and I'll tell ya it was one of the BEST blind buys I've ever gotten (and I know ZERO about football).

I got mine at Wal*Mart when it came out for $22 and everyone I've lent it to has been pleased.

A great acting turn also by Cuba Gooding Jr.'s brother: Omar as well.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!:applause:

[quote name='speedy1961']A great acting turn also by Cuba Gooding Jr.'s brother: Omar as well. [/QUOTE]

lol. Omar Gooding. Wild & Crazy Kids was such a great show.

I agree that playmakers was a great series. i watched it went it was on ESPN, but dont know how well it will hold up to repeat showings

[quote name='sman113']lol. Omar Gooding. Wild & Crazy Kids was such a great show.

I agree that playmakers was a great series. i watched it went it was on ESPN, but dont know how well it will hold up to repeat showings[/QUOTE]
Oh my god, I never made the connection before...

It was a great show that had one of the greatest theme songs of all time.

Loved the show when it was one, but since ESPN caved in I just don't care to have it. Imagine if NBC would have canceled the West Wing after one season because the whitehouse said it wasn't realistic. There damn TV shows NFL get over yourself.

If you want a good show sports related check out Sports Night. The complete series is in one box set. Awesome show...

[quote name='kjauburn']Loved the show when it was one, but since ESPN caved in I just don't care to have it. Imagine if NBC would have canceled the West Wing after one season because the whitehouse said it wasn't realistic. There damn TV shows NFL get over yourself.

If you want a good show sports related check out Sports Night. The complete series is in one box set. Awesome show...[/QUOTE]
Actually your anger should be more directed at the NFL not disney. The NFL threatened to not even consider renewing ABC's (both ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney) contract for monday night football among other threats of basically not allowing anything NFL-related to air on any Disney/Buena Vista owned channel. It was total bullshit.

Playmakers was the one show my roommates and I would all gather round the TV to watch every week. I guess the NFL thought it hit a little too close to home.

Actually, I picked this up today at Sam's Club for $18.77. Don't know if this a YMMV or not, but I thought it was a good deal.

Also picked up the Godfather Collection for $44.35 (finally).:D

I remember watching this when it came out on espn. I heard they canceled it because the NFL was "unhappy" with the route it took. Kind of the "DARK" side or some isht and the fact a real football team was being used. This of course is a rumor though since I didn't follow up to it because I didn't have the time to keep watching.

But anyways, nice deal and since it's that low I'm definately going to pick up a copy. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='kjauburn']
If you want a good show sports related check out Sports Night. The complete series is in one box set. Awesome show...[/QUOTE]

100% agree

bread's done
Back