Essential PSX Games. What are they?

Just get an N64 and get Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. All three games have held up extroardinarily well.

[quote name='option.iv']Maybe it was just me, but I though Ergheiz was just horrible.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think too much to it either even though it felt a lot like Tobal No. 1. I liked Tobal No. 1 though, it was a solid fighting game. I remember buying it for the FFVII demo at the time...:lol:

Really wished they brought over Tobal No. 2.

I didn't get to play very many psone games but I have to say twisted metal 2 and the crash bandicoot games really stood out. I also thought the first triple play baseball game was awesome. Classic commercials and advertisements to go with great gameplay and options for it's time.

I also always like the jet moto series.

Metal Gear is one of the best games I have ever played!

Thunder Force V
Marvel Super Heroes
Monkey Magic
Monkey Hero
Xmen vs Street Fighter
Tomb Rader: Last Revelation

[quote name='snotknocker']Thunder Force V
Marvel Super Heroes
Monkey Magic
Monkey Hero
Xmen vs Street Fighter
Tomb Rader: Last Revelation[/QUOTE]
xmen vs street fighter and marvel superheroes were real bad on psx but awesome on saturn and arcade

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']The Legend of Dragoon! I can't believe this thread went three pages without it being mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Because the game wasn't that great , that's why.;)

In all honesty though , Legend of Dragoon had a lot of promise but was heavily flawed. Felt a lot longer than it needed to be , combat was cumbersome and the story ranged from near non-existant in disk 1 and 2 to this huge cliched mess in disk 3 and 4. A little balance would've been nice.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it on the list though , since it was still a decent rpg on a system that certenly has no shortage of them.

Legend of Dragoon seemed to be a polarizing game. It got great reviews from a lot of reviewers and equally trashed by as many. I remember I thought about asking for it as a gift...but then I asked for Vagrant Story instead. Never looked back since :cool:.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Legend of Dragoon seemed to be a polarizing game. It got great reviews from a lot of reviewers and equally trashed by as many. I remember I thought about asking for it as a gift...but then I asked for Vagrant Story instead. Never looked back since :cool:.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I always noticed that too. I remember one of the best being GamePro , who gave the game a perfect 5/5. In that same issuse (or one within that same time period) they gave Final Fantasy Anthology a 2.5/5 saying the games are old , ugly , boring and not fun.:roll: Then again this is GamePro.

Similerly , back in the day , I remember a thread about that at GameFAQs that if I recall , was titled "Is Final Fantasy (7 , 8 or 9) or Legend of Dragoon the greatest game ever?":lol:

Good call on Vagrant Story though. I still have that and still need to play/finish it.

There is no essesential psx games. Just buy what fits your bill. The PSX has a wide aray of games to get ahold of that is a must have.

Rhapsody should definitely be on this list! Also, Breath of Fire 3 and possibly Granstream Saga. I would add Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre as well. Both of the Ogre games are absolutely awesome.

bread's done
Back