eStarland Trade-Ins

sexdwarf

CAG Veteran
How have people's experiences been with trading in at eStarland.com? I have read a plenty that their shipping is very slow - so am I safe to assume the trade-in credit time would be slow as well? Any experiences welcome!

[quote name='sexdwarf']How have people's experiences been with trading in at eStarland.com? I have read a plenty that their shipping is very slow - so am I safe to assume the trade-in credit time would be slow as well? Any experiences welcome![/QUOTE]

I have done quite a bit of trading in. It varies but my trade-ins ususally go pretty quickly. I have had a few times where they take a week or even a little more but I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone.

I have traded in thousands of dollars worth of stuff with them and never had a problem. Their shipping to me has always been very fast, but it can take a little while for your trade ins to process (who cares though since they let you use the credit immediately).

[quote name='jkam']I have done quite a bit of trading in. It varies but my trade-ins ususally go pretty quickly. I have had a few times where they take a week or even a little more but I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone.[/QUOTE]

My experience with them too. I use them more than anyone else now for trading my stuff. Their prices are ok too.

RC

[quote name='danito']How mint/complete do the things you trade need to be?[/QUOTE]

Honestly very mint. They are very particular with the trade in they will take, but thats a good thing imo since that makes buying used games from them worry free. On the rare occasion they didn't take something I sent (which I don't think has happened more than twice) they have always sent it back free of charge.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Honestly very mint. They are very particular with the trade in they will take, but thats a good thing imo since that makes buying used games from them worry free. On the rare occasion they didn't take something I sent (which I don't think has happened more than twice) they have always sent it back free of charge.[/quote]

on a couple games i have some small hardly noticable scratches, will they not accept them? What about NES games?

[quote name='danito']on a couple games i have some small hardly noticable scratches, will they not accept them? What about NES games?[/QUOTE]

Talk to their live chat.

since i originally posted this question, I have traded over $200 worth of games and consoles with them, cashed in that credit and even did a pre-order on heavenly sword... i highly recommend them!

my only gripe is the time it takes for them to verify your trade-ins... i unerstand that they want to test everything out - but i think it could be/should be a little faster - other than thay they are very fair, and a great company to deal with...

Actually I'm rather surprised how fast my trade-ins seem to sheck out, seeing as my stuff usually takes 10 days to get there and I see my credit around 2 weeks after sending.

Now if only they marked international shipments as gifts I would use my credits more ;) (I know, illegal, immoral, blah blah blah)

I about to send my 1st trade in order to them. Their trade in quotes are awesome, even better than FYE.

I am looking at the order confirmation and don't see it mentioned, do you need to include the confirmation with your shipment?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I about to send my 1st trade in order to them. Their trade in quotes are awesome, even better than FYE.

I am looking at the order confirmation and don't see it mentioned, do you need to include the confirmation with your shipment?[/QUOTE]
It's a good idea. You need to include the order number at the very least.

Thanks, I looked at the return label they wanted me to use and it put a reference # (the order #), I used Paypal shipping to print my shipping label so I handwrote the reference number on a piece of paper and put it near the shipping label on the box (secured with tape)

so when you do trade in thing with their store how long do you have to wait for the trade in to process? and for those of you who have done many trades with them whats the longest time youve had to wait for a trade to clear and the shortest?

[quote name='lokizz']so when you do trade in thing with their store how long do you have to wait for the trade in to process? and for those of you who have done many trades with them whats the longest time youve had to wait for a trade to clear and the shortest?[/QUOTE]

I think it was about 2 weeks? It's been a while, though I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, it was a very fair trade in and went very smooth...

Out of approx. 75 items I sent to them, 3 or so got returned due to being not to their standards - so it was all good...

doesnt take too long, if you bug them about it it'll get done right away, mine was pending after a few days so i checked the delievery confirmation and it had arrived, i gave them a few days, then i everyday i would just talk to an agent online, the third day the confrimed it, it was only because i had cartridges it took so long, my discs confirmed quickly

[quote name='sexdwarf']I think it was about 2 weeks? It's been a while, though I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, it was a very fair trade in and went very smooth...

Out of approx. 75 items I sent to them, 3 or so got returned due to being not to their standards - so it was all good...[/quote]

2 weeks total or 2 weeks from the day they received your trade ins? btw thanks you guys for your input on it maybe they have diff people handling trade ins or maybe it differs from day to day.

In my experience, systems take a while to clear. Most discs usually clear quickly. They are very slow about sending a check if you use the cash out option.

another question. have you ever had them tell you your trade ins came in to their store at a later date when you knew for a fact they got there earlier than that (DC#)? also were they kinda vauge about when theyd be cleared?

they're an excellent place to trade games in. but they dont have anything interesting though to buy. most stuff is almost ebay prices and sometimes higher. but you gotta do what you gotta do to stay comptetitive :)

Anybody else been waiting to get their trade ins processed? They received my stuff on 11/30 and still haven't completed all of it. Called before the holidays because their Live chat NEVER seems to be online lately and I got zero response on 3 emails to the... and they said it would be done that week. Still not finished..

bread's done
Back