Estimate of a nearly complete US Final Fantasy I-XII collection?

RockmanX3

CAG Veteran
I'm in need of money so I want to know how much my Final Fantasy collection would sell for...

Most of these are cart alone and used unless specified

Final Fantasy (NES) + manual
Final Fantasy II (SNES) + manual
Final Fantasy III (SNES) + manual
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (SNES) + manual
Final Fantasy Adventure (GB)
Final Fantasy Legend (GB)
Final Fantasy Legend II (GB)
Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)
Final Fantasy VII (PSX) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy VIII (PSX) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy IX (PSX) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy Chronicles (PSX) Complete (GH)
Final Fantasy Anthology (PSX) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy Origins (PSX) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy X (PS2) non GH
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) non GH
Final Fantasy XI (PS2) + HD (complete)
Final Fantasy XI (Xbox360) Complete
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Complete, original version
Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA) Complete
Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA) Complete
Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA) Complete
Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA) Complete
Final Fantasy III (DS) Complete
Final Fantasy Chocobo Tales (DS) Complete
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) (non GH) Complete
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) Complete
Dirge of Cerebus FFVII (PS2) Complete
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC) Complete

Extras
Final Fantasy Tactics original soundtrack (non bootleg, 1997 release)
Final Fantasy adventure bible (Region 2)

I know it's not 100% everything, but this is what I got so far.

I didn't bother getting any of the spinoffs like Chocobo racing and whatnot. I probably won't toss in any of the movies like the spirits within or Advent Children since I don't own them.

What would be your estimate for all of these? I plan on setting up a no reserve auction on ebay in a month or so.

Thanks.

would....would....you mind selling me FFVI GBA D:?

Just asking...

I'd second the $500 estimate. Buyers would probably have a cow and bid away

Thanks guys. Final Fantasy has never been RARE rare so the $500 estimate seems pretty likely.

After I get some of them back from my friends (I'll be mad if they lose any) and verify which versions of the titles are correct (I might have a few GH versions where I said original), the auction will be posted up.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']would....would....you mind selling me FFVI GBA D:?

Just asking...
[/quote]

They have a few copies of it at my local TRU...

I would say, easy about 500

nice one thing you do want to check is make sure all the batteries work , hate to see you sell all of these on ebay and then some jerk says the batteries are dead and does a dispute and rips the #$#$# out of you

Final Fantasy (NES) + manual-------------- 29 games for 500 bucks would be a hell of a steal. I say 700 to 900

Final Fantasy II (SNES) + manual--------------
Final Fantasy III (SNES) + manual----
Final Fantasy VII (PSX) Complete (non GH)---
Final Fantasy Anthology (PSX) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy X (PS2) non GH
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) non GH
Final Fantasy XI (PS2) + HD (complete)
Final Fantasy XI (Xbox360) Complete
Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA) Complete
Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA) Complete

Yeah, I'll make the batteries work all all the cartridge games. Although I had a bit of fun with the game genie with FFII and III for the SNES and there's some weird stuff in those datas like Golbez and FuSoYa in your party. :p

Sorry guys, no seperate deals :p

I did some calculating based on the lowest prices all of the games are sold for on ebay using the completed auction browsing and all of them together + the extras I put in equal about $600.

If I can make that much, then I'll be happy. If I can get more, the better. :)

[quote name='slidecage']can FF 11 be sold?

didnt think you could use them again once they been opened[/quote]

I haven't activated to code or even played it so it should be ok.

Gah!!!! NOOO!!!!

The PSP version of FF1 is out and FF2 is on it's way!

Unless I blow $60 to get them both, I can't say the collection is complete...

One thing you have to calculate into the equation is this:

how many people out there would actually be interested in buying this huge single collection?

[quote name='jumbo11']One thing you have to calculate into the equation is this:

how many people out there would actually be interested in buying this huge single collection?[/quote]

That's probably one thing that may work against me since most people won't want everything.

Then again, nobody has ever seen an FF auction like this on ebay (from my knowledge). I recall one guy sold off his entire Zelda collection and got over $1000 for it. This collection is pretty much EVERYTHING from the NES to present. So people may just bid for the fact that it's complete.

I'll be posting pics of the collection soon once I get the PSP games.

My Final Fantasy PSP games have just arrived and now I have the complete collection!

Here is the template for the auction page I will posting on ebay, complete with pictures and all..
http://www.vg-projects.com/ffauction/

Master List

Final Fantasy (NES) + manual
Final Fantasy II (SNES) + manual
Final Fantasy III (SNES) + manual
Final Fantasy VII (PSX) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy Anthology (PSX) Complete (GH)
Final Fantasy X (PS2) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) Complete (non GH)
Final Fantasy XI + HD (PS2) Complete
Final Fanatsy XI Chains of Promethia (PS2) Sealed
Final Fantasy XI Treasures of Aht Uhrgan (PS2) Complete
Final Fantasy XI (Xbox360) (Sealed)
Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA) Sealed
Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA) Sealed
Final Fantasy (PSP) Sealed
Final Fantasy II (PSP) Sealed

My friend lost my non GH FF Anthology and he bought me a new one. Sadly it was the GH version, but oh well.

Part of me really wants to keep it all, but since there will be another 5 million FF games coming out this fall and next year, it'll just be way too hard for me to keep up with all of them.

The entire collection is worth around $600 or so, not including the bonus items. I don't want to risk making any less than that, so I may put the auction reserve at $600 and offer free shipping and insurance. I may also try to get the auction advertised at sites like digg, kotaku, siliconera, joystiq, etc. I'm not sure any of them will actually advertise it, but any little bit helps.

Any suggestions on how I should approach the auction? I don't wanna post a $600 price off the bat since that may discourage people from bidding. I know posting a reserve may also discourage people from bidding, but they may be surprised to find out the reserve is less than $1000. I have 100% positive feedback and some recently completed auctions to verify my reliability.

It does feel nice to have them all, but sadly I gotta let them go. :cry:

Lemme know your suggestions on how I should do the auction, thanks!

rockman i know this would be hard but I'd suggest getting all the missing manuals for the gba games. boxes would be a little harder.

I have all the gba games complete, so I assume you mean the gb games.

I'm not sure I wanna spend the time to do that, but it sounds like a good idea.

[quote name='RockmanX3']Sorry guys, no seperate deals :p

I did some calculating based on the lowest prices all of the games are sold for on ebay using the completed auction browsing and all of them together + the extras I put in equal about $600.

If I can make that much, then I'll be happy. If I can get more, the better. :)[/quote]
I'd be careful. With semi-rare stuff, bundling it together can often mean making less overall. I know I picked up FF7, 8 and Anthology with their guides in a bundle for $80. I then sold the 7 guide for $25, FF8 and its guide for $35, and the Anthology guide for $15, netting me FF7 and FFA for about $10 after shipping costs. These were all non-GH as well. This was within the last month. Bundling seems to work best with common items.

*edit*

My theory is you cut down dramatically on the number of people willing to bid. Someone looking for FF2 may be willing to spend $100 on it, but isn't going to give your bundle a second look. Same with any other game that's part of it, and most collecotrs simply won't need everything in your bundle enough to pay the value of it. You're better off it seems allowing people to bid a-la-carte, maximizing the profit from each item. Plus, you minimize your risk of getting scammed for all of it by a single bidder.

[quote name='contej85']I'd be careful. With semi-rare stuff, bundling it together can often mean making less overall. I know I picked up FF7, 8 and Anthology with their guides in a bundle for $80. I then sold the 7 guide for $25, FF8 and its guide for $35, and the Anthology guide for $15, netting me FF7 and FFA for about $10 after shipping costs. These were all non-GH as well. This was within the last month. Bundling seems to work best with common items.

*edit*

My theory is you cut down dramatically on the number of people willing to bid. Someone looking for FF2 may be willing to spend $100 on it, but isn't going to give your bundle a second look. Same with any other game that's part of it, and most collecotrs simply won't need everything in your bundle enough to pay the value of it. You're better off it seems allowing people to bid a-la-carte, maximizing the profit from each item. Plus, you minimize your risk of getting scammed for all of it by a single bidder.[/quote]
I was also thinking about that, but from my experience, I've sold a few complete bundles of things for some high prices before.

My complete Dragonball Z dvd collection (vols. 1-87 Pioneer/Funimation) sold for about $750 over a year ago.

My complete Megaman 1-8 + Soccer collection sold for $150 at the beginning of this year.

I think there's some appeal in complete bundles, but I'll take your suggestion into consideration. I have until fall to get rid of this stuff, so I'll take my time. Thanks.

EDIT: Apparently, someone is doing the same exact thing I'm doing and has a buy it now for $600..
http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-C...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He even has boxes for FF (NES), FFII, Mystic Quest and FFIII (SNES)... I have a little bit more than he does, but now I need to rethink my strategy... *watches the auction*

[quote name='RockmanX3']I was also thinking about that, but from my experience, I've sold a few complete bundles of things for some high prices before.

My complete Dragonball Z dvd collection (vols. 1-87 Pioneer/Funimation) sold for about $750 over a year ago.

My complete Megaman 1-8 + Soccer collection sold for $150 at the beginning of this year.

I think there's some appeal in complete bundles, but I'll take your suggestion into consideration. I have until fall to get rid of this stuff, so I'll take my time. Thanks.

EDIT: Apparently, someone is doing the same exact thing I'm doing and has a buy it now for $600..
http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-Collection-Huge-lot-Rare-and-MINT_W0QQitemZ300136396045QQihZ020QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He even has boxes for FF (NES), FFII, Mystic Quest and FFIII (SNES)... I have a little bit more than he does, but now I need to rethink my strategy... *watches the auction*[/quote]

Yeah I could be off, just going on a personal experience (that quite frankly worked splendidly in my favor.)

I've decided to replace the GH versions of Chronicles and Anthology for their black label versions. That should make the set more appealing.

I'm willing to sell off my sealed GH Anthology and normal GH Chronicles for a good price, let me know if any of of you are interested.

[quote name='RockmanX3']I've decided to replace the GH versions of Chronicles and Anthology for their black label versions. That should make the set more appealing.

I'm willing to sell off my sealed GH Anthology and normal GH Chronicles for a good price, let me know if any of of you are interested.[/quote]

I'd be interested in the chronicles. Also, I have a black label Anthology I'm not in need of if you're looking.

[quote name='contej85']I'd be interested in the chronicles. Also, I have a black label Anthology I'm not in need of if you're looking.[/quote]

Would $10 + $5 shipping be fine?

[quote name='RockmanX3']Would $10 + $5 shipping be fine?[/quote]

This may seem stupid but there were 2 offers in the quote, one offering to buy your game, and the other offering to sell a game. Which are we referring to. :bouncy: If it's to buy your Chronicles, sounds fair to me I'd imagine, have to idea what the going rate is and I'm too lazy to look.

Just me selling Chronicles.

[quote name='contej85']This may seem stupid but there were 2 offers in the quote, one offering to buy your game, and the other offering to sell a game. Which are we referring to. :bouncy: If it's to buy your Chronicles, sounds fair to me I'd imagine, have to idea what the going rate is and I'm too lazy to look.[/quote]

[quote name='jumbo11']rockman i know this would be hard but I'd suggest getting all the missing manuals for the gba games. boxes would be a little harder.[/QUOTE]

I may have the manuals and the maps...if I do, I'll let you have them gratis...I'll check tonight.

[quote name='loserboy']I may have the manuals and the maps...if I do, I'll let you have them gratis...I'll check tonight.[/quote]
Ok cool, let me know how much you want for them. :)

[quote name='RockmanX3']Ok cool, let me know how much you want for them. :)[/QUOTE]

Just checked...found nothing from Final Fantasy Legend I, but I found the manuals and maps to FFLII, FFLIII, and FFA. The manuals all have their front and back covers and are in great shape...as are the maps...

And how much will this all cost you....absolutely nothing because I'm cleaning my basement and these have sat down there for ten years...

[quote name='loserboy']Just checked...found nothing from Final Fantasy Legend I, but I found the manuals and maps to FFLII, FFLIII, and FFA. The manuals all have their front and back covers and are in great shape...as are the maps...

And how much will this all cost you....absolutely nothing because I'm cleaning my basement and these have sat down there for ten years...[/quote]

Whoah sweet, let me at least pay the shipping fees. :)

[quote name='loserboy']
And how much will this all cost you....absolutely nothing because I'm cleaning my basement and these have sat down there for ten years...[/quote]

That's a True CAG looking out. I'm impressed. Someone not hoarding and looking to profiteer amazes me.

[quote name='contej85']That's a True CAG looking out. I'm impressed. Someone not hoarding and looking to profiteer amazes me.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm profiteering on some penny guides I snagged and on a copy of Wii Sports I hunted down today (see ebay: search term wii sports--and gasp)....

But stuff like this, I'm definitely not looking to profiteer, often my anal/obsessive compulsiveness takes over and if we're gonna have a FF complete auction, then god damn it---let's make it as complete as we can!!!

And yeah, I'll look out for my fellow CAGs

[quote name='loserboy']Well, I'm profiteering on some penny guides I snagged and on a copy of Wii Sports I hunted down today (see ebay: search term wii sports--and gasp)....

But stuff like this, I'm definitely not looking to profiteer, often my anal/obsessive compulsiveness takes over and if we're gonna have a FF complete auction, then god damn it---let's make it as complete as we can!!!

And yeah, I'll look out for my fellow CAGs[/quote]
I saw the Wii Sports thing, you're doing nothing wrong there, plus, you're offering that on Ebay, not CAG. If my mother hadn't thrown out all my boxes, manuals, and such, I'd be all over this. Hopefully it gets complete enough to get coverage all over those internets.

[quote name='loserboy']Well, I'm profiteering on some penny guides I snagged and on a copy of Wii Sports I hunted down today (see ebay: search term wii sports--and gasp)....

And yeah, I'll look out for my fellow CAGs[/quote]
Ok, the fees have been sent, thanks again! :)

I've also been watching a few FF box auctions since they're cheap. I'll try to make this collection even more complete!

You'll get about $500. Lots of idiot nerds out there.
How much would an intelligent person bid?
Starting from FF7(and all ps1 and ps2, like chronicles) you can buy all of the games new, factory sealed, for 5 bucks on some warehouse sites.
If anyone cared about playing the classics they could get them via rom.
But I guess a lot of pretentious people want a visible collection.
I don't see why, in a few years I honestly doubt people will care enough to keep buying SNES games, then you'll just have a basement filled with games no one wants to play anymore.

I took advantage of desperate twits and sold Earthbound for $300. Never again will I hold on to games that I could play on my computer.
So I think you're def smart for getting rid of this collection, lol.

goodluck. I'll be waiting for the link to monitor

[quote name='RockmanX3']I recall one guy sold off his entire Zelda collection and got over $1000 for it. [/quote]

Seriously? I've got every single Zelda just sitting around my house... I'd give it up for $1k.

[quote name='javeryh']Seriously? I've got every single Zelda just sitting around my house... I'd give it up for $1k.[/quote]

I'd assume this i cludes all manuals, boxes, and everything in mint condition. Not just a cart only copy of Ocarina, not saying you don't have that stuff, but it's not just for the games themselves.

[quote name='McNutsack']You'll get about $500. Lots of idiot nerds out there.
How much would an intelligent person bid?
Starting from FF7(and all ps1 and ps2, like chronicles) you can buy all of the games new, factory sealed, for 5 bucks on some warehouse sites.
If anyone cared about playing the classics they could get them via rom.
But I guess a lot of pretentious people want a visible collection.
I don't see why, in a few years I honestly doubt people will care enough to keep buying SNES games, then you'll just have a basement filled with games no one wants to play anymore.

I took advantage of desperate twits and sold Earthbound for $300. Never again will I hold on to games that I could play on my computer.
So I think you're def smart for getting rid of this collection, lol.

goodluck. I'll be waiting for the link to monitor[/quote]

I've been a collector for many years and enjoyed the thrill of collecting for a long time.

To be honest, I feel the anticipation of collecting is more fun than getting the actual items themselves. It's cool to show off a collection, but after a while, you tend not to care about it as much anymore and it sits there collecting dust. Plus I gotta admit that they take up waaaay too much space. The only things I got in my apartment are my Wii, DS, and laptop while most of my game collection is at my parent's house and even that place is running out of room.

Plus, you do make a good point. There are still ways of always playing these classic games, not exactly in the most legal way, but yeah.

When I was still collecting, I used to talk to alot of former collectors who had to get rid of their games because of mortgage, cars, marriage, kids, etc. I never thought it would be finally time for me to become one of those people.

[quote name='RockmanX3']
When I was still collecting, I used to talk to alot of former collectors who had to get rid of their games because of mortgage, cars, marriage, kids, etc. I never thought it would be finally time for me to become one of those people.[/QUOTE]

That's me now...and you know what, it doesn't hurt half as much as I thought it would...I'm still clinging to a few games (Suikoden I, II; Tales of Destiny I,II; Thousand Arms; Vandal Hearts I,II; and a few others...but these will probably go up for sale soon enough.

So I decided to cave in and started bidding on complete versions of FF1 (NES), FFII (SNES), FFIII (SNES) and FFMQ (SNES). The gameboy versions are gonna be the hardest to find.... although all I really need are the boxes.

I'll be posting up seperate auctions for the single cartridge games later.

This will truly be THE complete FF collection! *queue Sephiroth music* :bow:

So after spending an arm and a leg, I finally got boxed versions of the cartridge games I didn't have before and replaced all GH versions with their black label versions. I would take a pic right now, but my parents came over the other night and wanted to borrow my camera.

I've come to the decision to sell all of the games seperate. Over the past 2 weeks or so, I've seen many bundles go on ebay either without bids or the winning bidder was able to not pay. For example...

This person wanted $580 for his bundle and got nothing..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300136396045&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

This person wanted $289 for his bundle and got nothing..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320144871954&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

This bundle ended at $189, but unfortunately, the winning bidder was not able to pay so he offered a few second chance offers. I decided to drop a crap bid to bump it up and I was outbid by 4-5 people. I ended up getting a second chance offer from this so that's how bad it got..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190135085713&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

Now it's pretty apparent that nobody wants to pay for full Final Fantasy bundles. I probably got lucky with my Megaman 1-8 + soccer bundle since it was cheaper and didn't have too many games. The final fantasy games have constantly been remade and re-released so many times that most people don't really want everything anymore.

So I'm gonna start listing the auctions for all the individual games next week. No reserves, but the starting prices will be the lowest prices the games went for in their completed auctions. I re-calculated the lot and everything should be worth about $780. The only group I may bundle is the FFXI PS2 set since I may not be able to get rid of Chains of Promethia on it's own.

I wish I could offer free shipping for CAGers, but the shipping for all of these items will be astronomical and I can't risk losing money on shipping. Now I gotta get a billion packages from the post office so I can make sure I can protect all of these games when I ship them.

loserboy, have you shipped out the final fantasy gb manuals and maps yet? No rush, but I would like to know the progress. I'll sent the paypal payment about a week ago, and I'll send a pm about it later. :)

contej85, have you sent the money order yet? I haven't gotten anything from you yet.

bread's done
Back