Eternal Darkness hiccups

Mr Durand Pierre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I just started eternal darkness, and most of the game runs fine, but the cutscenes don't run well at all. The first few ran alright (but the cube was making very loud noises while it ran), but by the 4th or 5th one it was hiccuping like mad, so i had to quit playing. Does this mean there's something wrong with my GC, or does ED just push the envelope as far as what a GC can run?

[quote name='metroidkiller9']eternal darkness' graphics dont push any envelopes by any means. the graphics are rather crappy when compared to most of nintendos first party titles.[/quote] Thats true but Eternal Darkness Is a awesome game

is it possible that it's something wrong with my copy of the game and not the GC, 'cuz i can still exchange that. i just went over my 90 day limit for the cube

If you experience other problems w/ your GCN, just call Nintendo up. They're pretty good about that sort of thing, especially since you just went over the 90 day warranty.

Hope it is the disc. My cube died from disc read errors. Luckily it was still under warranty. It made lots of noises like you mentioned and then it could not read any discs after about a day.

This happened to me last year and I called Nintendo tech support. Basically, with ED, the Nintendo strains to push out the audio in full spectrum/stereo/dplII during the FMV. The lady I talked to suggested I switch to Mono sound. You'll find that if you remove subtitles (if they're on) your performance will improve, also. In short, to ensure best playback, make sure your cube is clean (no dust in side air channels) and well ventilated (nothing within 3 inches of sides).

See if these things help. If they don't, then it might be your disc.

my eternal darkness did the same exact thing. in the cutscenes it did what you refer to as a hiccup, expecially when it changes camera angle. i beat it with all three runes, and it did all three times. i didn't think it was a big deal. don't let it ruin the game experience, because ED is great

bread's done
Back