Eternal Sonata 26.xx used Gamecrazy

gareman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last week I was at Gamecrazy and with the MVP card the game was 26.xx. This is an absurd price as I have never seen this game below 59.99. Of course, when I came back with money 2 days it was gone. Just letting everyone know.

I thought it was crazy too. But I mean it is gameCRAZY....I priced checked with the clerk and it rang up with that price. I am sooo jealous of whomever got it.

The used version of Eternal Sonata is 29.99/26.99, yeah, and all stores received a copy this past Sunday because Hollywood transferred over one rental copy to each store. I picked it up. I don't know why it's 29.99 used. I'm not complaining.

If you can find it, we also sell Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga used on the 360 for $19.99.

awesome we should have some sort of Hollywood to gamecrazy transfer thread. I saw Katmari (360) Flatout (360) and couple others on monday for 31.49 w/mvp. All were transfers

it's nothing new, this usually happens every Sunday. There's not much in there.

This past Sunday.. let's see if I can remember what was in there.. Katamari, Sega Rally, World Series of Poker 08, Orange Box, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata.. I think that was it in the way of 360 games. I'll make a note of what Hollywood transfers over tomorrow. I don't think it'll be YMMV since most stores receive the same amount of product.

That's because the games you listed are 39.99 new/34.99 used. Other stuff like Sega Rally, WSOP08, etc are 49.99 used/44.99 with MVP

Too bad this didn't happen a few weeks ago when I was doing the B1G1 free with a system purchase. I got Oblivion and looked at ES but it was still $44.99 or whatever. I got Rayman for the Wii instead, which I had traded in earlier... Still might check this out though - both ES and Lego Star Wars CT.

Ace deal. Wish it was around for the B2G1. Is there another one upcoming? I decided not to bite on the last one, wisely since I'm still not even halfway through Mass Effect, but the clerk at the last one I stopped by suggested that the company might do something similar for the weekend pre or post-Christmas.

[quote name='Scorch']T we also sell Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga used on the 360 for $19.99.[/quote]

now thats crazy...then again its in the name

[quote name='Scorch']The used version of Eternal Sonata is 29.99/26.99, yeah, and all stores received a copy this past Sunday because Hollywood transferred over one rental copy to each store. I picked it up. I don't know why it's 29.99 used. I'm not complaining.

If you can find it, we also sell Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga used on the 360 for $19.99.[/quote]

Wow, I've been really wanting both games.

I'll have to check out Gamecrazy soon.

[quote name='Tsukento']This is why I hate Game Crazy sticking to the western part of the US. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I've been to a GC store in Virginia. They seem to be more readily accessible countrywide than good ol Gamerush, in any case ;).

[quote name='io']I've been to a GC store in Virginia. They seem to be more readily accessible countrywide than good ol Gamerush, in any case ;).[/quote]
Absolutely none around in Florida. :whistle2:s Would be nice to have options.

[quote name='Tsukento']Absolutely none around in Florida. :whistle2:s Would be nice to have options.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, especially since I am currently looking for this game cheap.

I think if we hold out, we'll see Eternal Sonata for $29.99 new, probably Blue Dragon as well, in the near future. Neither is selling spectacularly. They're certainly both solid and worth playing, though.

Beautiful Katamari is already < $39.99 new, so why would you want to buy it used for only a few dollars cheaper? Remember, when buying a used game, your money only goes to Gamestop/EB, Gamecrazy, whomever. Buying new games insures that money goes to the developer, and if you like a game enough to buy it and play it, don't you want money to go to the developer so they'll make more and better games along the same lines?

Used games are pretty tough on the market. That said, I indulge in them from time to time but only if the price is insane. (If I had noticed ET for $26.99 used, I probably would have sprung for it, admittedly.) I also sell my games on Half.com (I'd never trade them in at GC/GS/EB, though, unless I felt like getting ripped). And I buy stuff as cheap as I can. So maybe I'm not one to say what's good for the industry and what isn't, but still... A lot of people don't realize the dynamics of it.

I work at a Game Crazy and its very true, the new copy of the game i still $59.99, yet the used copy is $29.99 ($26.99 with MVP)...I get an Emp discount so for me its like $25-26 after taxes and evreything. you BET i ate that deal right up.

[quote name='gareman']Last week I was at Gamecrazy and with the MVP card the game was 26.xx. This is an absurd price as I have never seen this game below 59.99. Of course, when I came back with money 2 days it was gone. Just letting everyone know.[/QUOTE]

I saw it on (hand priced) clearance at Best Buy for 15-25 (can't recall but it was pretty darn cheap) a few weeks ago. I don't have any of the next-gen systems and as such I didn't really know anything about the game. Needless to say after I got home and checked Ebay I have been kicking myself. It was gone the next day...

I have the game and am a big fan. Definitely worth purchasing. It's the first RPG I have played in quite a while.

Didn't see Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga used but I might check another store. I went to a store with too copies but for a second it felt like being in Circuit City so I had to leave. This dude was ripping off this mom by having her add on shit I never even heard off for some old Xbox games. And the other guy I assume couldn't work the second cash register. So I'm in line behind one person for like five minute after I already asked to be checked out.

Tomorrow he'll ask if I want MVP, in a perfect world I would say fuck off, but I'll just say now and walk out of the store with my $30 copy of a game that's still $60.

bread's done
Back