Eternal Sonata - $29.99 used @ Game Crazy

[quote name='suko_32']I know this has been posted before, but I can't find it in a search either...[/quote]

I figured it would have been posted before. It's too good of a deal to not be posted before.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']Searched the forums and didn't see this deal. Not sure how long i's been like this but I picked it up for $29.99used today. Sweeeeet.[/quote]

Yeah it was posted a while ago but this reminded me to go and check! I looked for it when the first threat came up now ill go hunting again :)

thanks

The gameplay is very fun, however the overly-preachy story and annoying voice acting almost ruined it for me.

[quote name='gobz']The gameplay is very fun, however the overly-preachy story and annoying voice acting almost ruined it for me.[/QUOTE]

can't agree more.... my girlfriend and i are playing through it and we let out loud sighs and groans whenever it goes into movie mode, which happens all the time and lasts for upwards of half an hour at a time.

[quote name='Chanash']Yeah it was posted a while ago but this reminded me to go and check! I looked for it when the first threat came up now ill go hunting again :)

thanks[/quote]
No need to go hunting just go to your local gamecrazy and place a special order for it.
It will be sent from whatever store has it to yours

...to say that the game's simplified story and repetitive dialogue is its weak point would be a gross understatement. It is quite frankly one of the most boring stories I have ever encountered in an RPG. Fortunately, as others have pointed out, the gameplay is very fun and addictive.

Damn thats a great price. I hope this means that there will be a price drop. I looking to get this game and Blue Dragon.

This will go along nicely with my 20% off coupon from our entertainment book. $24 eternal sonata here I come.... as long as you aren't in gamecrazy's slim cases :)

I believe Scorch mentioned it briefly in the GC price drop thread after some stores had some copies that were transferred from hollywood videos rental inventory.

This is probably my favorite game of all time. fuck the critics! The voice acting is perfect and the game has very well thought out philosophical undertones. I guess for an RPG to be any good it has to have half naked women riding motorcycles and kids with emo haircuts who carry 8 foot long swords.

This game is special. A surreal, artistic, spiritual experience. Screw you guys, I'm going home.

[quote name='zenintrude']can't agree more.... my girlfriend and i are playing through it and we let out loud sighs and groans whenever it goes into movie mode, which happens all the time and lasts for upwards of half an hour at a time.[/quote]

God forbid there be any educational moments in a game headlining a historical figure.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Wow sweet deal...

To bad it hasn't been posted.[/QUOTE]

It has most definitely been posted before, but since it seems many people missed it we can just keep this thread here.

It's too bad because if you didn't see it before you missed out on the "Buy a controller, get a used game 50% off deal". I got a new Classic Controller and a mint used Eternal Sonata (looks like it was just opened, still had the security sticker on it even) for a total of $35 ($20 for the CC, $15 for ES). Some lucky bastards were able to get the games 50% off with the purchase of a cheap used controller for a few bucks, but my GC said new controllers only. Still not bad though. Hopefully they bring that promo back soon!

I have yet to play the game though, and I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

The voice acting is annoying. I want to switch it to Jap. Better than Blue Dragon? Maybe, depending on who you talk to. I like straight turn based stuff way more than an action/turn based rpg hybrid thing like Eternal Sonata. BUT ES has started off a lot cooler than Blue Dragon did.

[quote name='newmodel']TThe voice acting is perfect and the game has very well thought out philosophical undertones. I guess for an RPG to be any good it has to have half naked women riding motorcycles and kids with emo haircuts who carry 8 foot long swords.
[/quote]

Undertones? Instead of creating characters that perhaps personified certain poor human qualities, the dialogue literally talks about human beings and their foibles.

When I play a video game I don't expect to be preached to, which is exactly what this game does.

Note: The cut scenes about Chopin's life I actually found interesting.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']God forbid there be any educational moments in a game headlining a historical figure.[/QUOTE]

no, i'm not referring to the still image montages with music and subtitled text of history about chopin, i'm talking, for example, about polka yammering ad nauseam about how "even though [she's] going to die, [she's] still going to do something good with her life." it was fine the first two times, then it started to get fucking annoying.

and lets not even mention the fucking completely transparent "government = bad" plot... groan.

it's just poor, obvious writing. plain and simple.

and on the voice acting point: i would have changed it to japanese with english text, but in several reviews i read people made sure to mention that not all of the movies have subtitles! so, yea... way to go namco, i suppose. not that it really matters, since (as i already stated) the story is trite and preachy.

[quote name='Chanash']Yeah it was posted a while ago but this reminded me to go and check! I looked for it when the first threat came up now ill go hunting again :)

thanks[/quote]

Did the chico GC have any?

Thanks. I snagged the last copy at my local Game Crazy; had the case and manual in mint condition. My mom has an entertainment book and I found a 20% off any used game from Game Crazy coupon, and ended up paying $24.00 + tax.

Thanks, OP! :applause:

[quote name='kevzik']Did the chico GC have any?[/quote]

Wish they did, id be on it like a hot cake

Still $60 in most places, right?

Anyway, if you aren't able to find this, there is always the 25% coupon at GS this week. With the Edge, it will end up at $36.

Great game, but I do agree about the "being preachy" thing. Has anyone watched the video after the last fight. fuck that shit was long and stupid, I kept watching expecting to see something interesting. I guess watch it if you want a good laugh while being bored out of your skull.

bread's done
Back