Eternal Sonata PS3 - $16.99 @ Amazon via Hubbagames

Good price. Too bad I already picked it up for $30 when it went OOP but before it was reprinted. It's still sealed in my backlog :whistle2:#

[quote name='sherisdoppel']The PS3 version also has 2 new dungeons, 2 new playable characters, and some additional cut-scenes over the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting. Any trophy support?

Is this really worth it? I love RPG's. The review from IGN sounds nice. And I'm a music major so i'm even more enticed by what seems like an excellent OST.

[quote name='alangee']Is this really worth it? I love RPG's. The review from IGN sounds nice. And I'm a music major so i'm even more enticed by what seems like an excellent OST.[/QUOTE]
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It's a tad on the easy side, but the battle system is fun, the storyline is decent and it's a fairly leisurely RPG, which was a great break from the norm. I would highly recommend playing through it, definitely was worth the 20hour or so investment of my time.
Note:I only played it on the 360, but from what I've read the PS3 only offers more content.

Yes it has been reprinted.

I remember they had only printed a number of them and they marketed the game as such.

Now the value went down.

This deal makes me wish I had waited to get the ps3 version versus the xbox 360 one. If I had liked the game a bit more maybe would go ahead and get it, but I think I'll pass.

I was gonna not order but I went ahead and ordered. I passed on Yakuza 3 today hoping I avoiding adding another game to my backlog but so much that...

If no one else has mentioned the ps3 version is also a great deal more difficult than the 360 version, it actuallly goes from a very easy rpg to a moderately difficult one.

Very nice price.

I rented and beat the game a while back but I'll add it to my collection at that price.

Thanks, OP.

I had it for 360, put like 10 hours in it then sold it. I dunno if its worth it, the combat system starts off fresh but gets very very repetitive IMO

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I had it for 360, put like 10 hours in it then sold it. I dunno if its worth it, the combat system starts off fresh but gets very very repetitive IMO[/QUOTE]
By the end of the 360 game the combat system is barely similar to the beginning since you have to use a lot more strategy. I'd get this if I hadn't done everything worthwhile in the 360 version then sold it off.

Good, though not great game. I'm currently about 70% of the way through. The only thing that keeps it from greatness are the annoyingly long cutscenes and a somewhat confusing pointless dungeon (if you played it you know what I mean)

Still, it's fun to learn about Chopin this way. :)

Sealed might not mean sealed from hubbagames. My last 2 orders from them were resealed. One was missing the disc even. I don't mind resealed but I know some do.

Sorry to bother everyone, I just wanted to ask a few questions about this game.

I have an xbox and I loved Tales of Vesperia, play with my girlfriend and her brother a lot. My girlfriend has a ps3, but only 1 controller. Should I invest in those Meritline ps3 controllers for 6.99 each and then buy this game or should I stick with a 360 copy of the game? Maybe buy both, would that be worth it? I'm so tempted to buy this game, we are almost done with Tales of Vesperia. Also, are there anymore games like Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia? Let me recap:

1. Our Ps3 has 1 controller, should I invest in 2 cheap controllers and buy Eternal Sonata for the PS3?

2. Should I omit #1 and just buy Eternal Sonata for the 360?

3. Are there anymore games like Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia?

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those cheap controllers probably aren't "official" controllers. Since Sony has been releasing updates that renders the unofficial controllers useless, either get an official controller with the game for the PS3. Or I suppose go with the 360 one.

Well considering that Eternal Sonata is a one player game you don't really need a second controller. Though if I was buying a second controller, I'd go for the Nyko Core Controller for the PS3. It's a little pricier at $20 (I got mine new for $12 during a sale) but I like the triggers better and the triggers on the Meritline ones are really garbage.

Well that is not really considering investing there mr cheap-o

If you two play together a lot and you have other games on the ps3 that co-opable either disc games or psn games [game share those games, they are dirt cheap when the price is divided by 5], then just get a official controller.
Wait for Black Friday and find a cheap official ps3 controller.

The least you could do is do what the guy up there said or find a reliable cheap controller that works ok in the ps3 but get an official one in the future.
it is worth it if you two will play together a lot.

And no, dont bother with the 360 version unless you can grab it for 5 bucks or something
The ps3 is an improved version overall.

[quote name='battra92']Well considering that Eternal Sonata is a one player game you don't really need a second controller. Though if I was buying a second controller, I'd go for the Nyko Core Controller for the PS3. It's a little pricier at $20 (I got mine new for $12 during a sale) but I like the triggers better and the triggers on the Meritline ones are really garbage.[/QUOTE]
Not on the Ps3 kind of, you have the option of letting someone else control members in your party with another controller.

[quote name='blissskr']Not on the Ps3 kind of, you have the option of letting someone else control members in your party with another controller.[/QUOTE]

360 had this option too.

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']3. Are there anymore games like Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia?[/QUOTE]
This game's nowhere near as good as ToV, so don't set your expectations too high. But, as far as I know, these are the only two current gen JRPGs with local co-op.

[quote name='mindatlarge']Would bite if it was for 360.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is not that much more to get shipped brand new. Used copies are even less.

You can get a "Used - Like New" copy of the 360 version for $17.99 (free shipping with Prime or orders over $25) through Warehouse Deals at the moment.

bread's done
Back