Eternal Sonata (PS3) $27.35 on Amazon NEW w/ FSSS & no tax

Thanks OP. Don't have a PS3 yet, but decided to pick this up because I like the 360 version. Also seems like this has a lot of "future collector's item" potential.

Oh damn thanks OP! I've been looking to picking this up for awhile and this is the cheapest I've seen it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Thanks OP. Don't have a PS3 yet, but decided to pick this up because I like the 360 version. Also seems like this has a lot of "future collector's item" potential.[/QUOTE]

You made a good choice. Not only is this a fantastic game, but the PS3 version is even better than the 360 version.

Really a must-have for any fan of the JRPG genre.

This is probably the best RPG out for the PS3 (Valkyria Chronicles may give it a run...). I got this game used from Hastings for $22 and did not regret it. This is an awesome price for Brand New. Definitely one of the harder to find games for the PS3.

Pretty game with unique story; but gameplay is average at best: even as JRPG's go, it's extremely linear (read: ZERO exploration) and very tedious.

The feelings behind my comments are based on the fact that $20 or less can get you vastly superior JRPG's on the PS2, DS, etc. If you want to play a JRPG in HD, then track down Star Ocean - Last Hope (360 / PS3), Lost Odyssey (360), or just wait for FFXIII.

I enjoyed the 360 version; It's a really nice 20-hour JRPG diversion. I'm surprised that, after being out for a few years, the PS3 version's still so expensive. Nevertheless, I intend to pick it up at some point.

Such is the life of a PS3 owner.

i just played through the game recently. overall, it's good. it has some GREAT ideas and features some really good art. but it has some really frustrating gameplay aspects too. I enjoy my copy, but also can't help feel like it could have been incredible

[quote name='Nohbdy']Why won't this drop in price?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want it, just not sure at this price, but don't want to wait too long and find out it has been sold out :(

It's not a bad game. I've put some hours into it, but would rather play others RPGs. With FFXIII just around the corner I don't see why you would bite on this now. By the time you're done with FFXIII this might (and probably will be) lower in price. Think I got my 360 version on goozex for 200 points, such a steal.

[quote name='PDJ']It's not a bad game. I've put some hours into it, but would rather play others RPGs. With FFXIII just around the corner I don't see why you would bite on this now. By the time you're done with FFXIII this might (and probably will be) lower in price. Think I got my 360 version on goozex for 200 points, such a steal.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is significantly scarcer than the 360 version. It's been out about 18 months on PS3 and has only dropped this low a few times, so I wouldn't assume that it will be lower anytime soon. It's not like it has maintained its value all this time and is now going to suddenly drop like a stone.

When I was looking for it for a few months, I could never find it for the ps3 and bit the bullet and got it on the 360. So it'll probably be a good collectors item. Not a bad game, it just felt repetitive after a certain point. Like once lack of variety in the fights, so once you figure out how to win one battle, tis teh same thing over and over. And the lack of enemies (Even though they all look great, they still have a fair number of pallette swaps). That said, it has a number of great ideas and is a gorgeous game to boot.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']One of the rarer games out there. It goes for 35 bucks used at gamestop btw.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, this game and Heavenly Sword are probably the 2 best examples of PS3 games that have resisted a price drop (and HS was a damn launch title!).

[quote name='JNKryo']Seriously, this game and Heavenly Sword are probably the 2 best examples of PS3 games that have resisted a price drop (and HS was a damn launch title!).[/QUOTE]

Feels like Folklore also wont drop in price.

[quote name='mitnosi']Feels like Folklore also wont drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about that. I've seen Folklore at ~$20 many times in the past 2 years or so, but it goes back up.

Very tempting. I have been after a sealed copy. Cheapest I have seen it for sure.

Got a used copy at GS when they were $25 then they jacked the price back up.

Picked it up. Every other time I thought about picking this up, I always thought too long and it went out of stock. Not this time!

I like this game a lot and have it for both 360 and PS3, but both versions are horribly broken. The 360 version is ridiculously easy, while the PS3 version is ridiculously hard.

For the PS3 version, they raised the damage done by enemies, raised their HP, and raised their defense. Then they cut the amount of money you get by selling photos (which in itself was horribly broken on 360, but you don't fix something by bending it so far in the other direction that it again breaks to pieces).

If I couldn't exploit the hell out of Viola, the game would be near impossible on PS3 without some crazy grinding.

This may just be me but was anyone else indifferent about all the characters? I am literally at the last part of the game but I have no motivation to finish it. I honestly don't care what happens.

Bought it a few days ago full price (29.99), I wonder if Amazon would adjust the price now? Oh well, it's just a couple dollars.

This is probably one of the few JRPGs on the PS3 (along with Valkyria Chronicles) that isn't going to be full price for most of the next year, so I decided to pick it up (that's and it's getting pretty hard to find new). It's going to be a while before I can get a copy of Star Ocean, FFXIII, RoF, or WKC.

the no tax part really needs to go... technically you suppose to report the internet shopping on the tax forms and besides, it's getting a bit old for Amazon deals. Sorry for the rant, i just did my taxes that's all.

[quote name='Serpentor']the no tax part really needs to go... technically you suppose to report the internet shopping on the tax forms and besides, it's getting a bit old for Amazon deals. Sorry for the rant, i just did my taxes that's all.[/QUOTE]

Give it time, it won't be long until all internet purchases will be taxed.

Price on this went up to $29.45, I think Amazon sold out, it says its being sold by NYC Electronics and fulfilled by Amazon.

Picked it up -- mostly because I know I'm gonna wanna play it at some point and it's going to be hard to find it when I do. It always happens to me and I've missed out on some good ones as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buyer beware IMO. I bought this at this price or a similar price a while back. I love the graphics in this game, but couldn't stomach the battle system. I'm a long-time RPG vet (All FF, DQ, Shadow Hearts series, Tales games, etc.) and gave up about 6 hours in from frustration. When attacks from enemies are not blocked with timing-based button presses enemies do something like 3-4 times the damage they would if blocked. The buttons you use to block are constantly shifting on the four face buttons as well.

This is one of the few RPG's out that actually has co-op gameplay for up to 3 players, I actually got my brother who hates RPG's to play the game with me, made it a lot more enjoyable.

[quote name='zabian227']Buyer beware IMO. I bought this at this price or a similar price a while back. I love the graphics in this game, but couldn't stomach the battle system. I'm a long-time RPG vet (All FF, DQ, Shadow Hearts series, Tales games, etc.) and gave up about 6 hours in from frustration. When attacks from enemies are not blocked with timing-based button presses enemies do something like 3-4 times the damage they would if blocked. The buttons you use to block are constantly shifting on the four face buttons as well.[/QUOTE]

The block button only shifts if you use party level 6 and use a harmony chain

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']This may just be me but was anyone else indifferent about all the characters? I am literally at the last part of the game but I have no motivation to finish it. I honestly don't care what happens.[/QUOTE]

I stopped somewhere around halfway through. The world looks great, music is fantastic, battle systems works and is different(though not altogether amazing) but I agree. The cheesiness didn't help, but the cast really never has much to say of any importance or worth.

*Edit* Just to clarify, I stopped because 1: Frankly it was a little boring and 2: I have a bad habit with long games anyway. I'm not implying I stopped playing because I felt it was a completely worthless game, just that it didn't hold my attention all that well.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']This may just be me but was anyone else indifferent about all the characters?[/QUOTE]

Personally, the only character that I wanted to outright beat was.. Beat. Stupid over-the-top kiddy design. Very bad dialouge. Reminded me of Karol from ToV but worse in every way.

I thought Frederic and Falsetto were interesting, though. Others were tolerable.

Hmm. I want on PS3, but I still have my 360 copy I bought from CC for $10. Maybe the trade-in at GS with the 50% bump might help out for a reasonable price.

and thanks op.

bread's done
Back