eToys.com $20 off $50 w/Paypal

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
It just started today and they do have a decent amount of games ad most of them are "MSRP compliant". I am already picking up 3 games for myself. Just wanted to see if anyone else was interested.

Must have paypal though T___T.

http://www.etoys.com/mp/paypaloffer08.html

It still goes through even though it says its not eligble. When you start your checkout, the first line on top says,

Promotional Offer: This transaction is eligible for 20 USD cash back on purchases of 50 USD or more.
Terms

So as long as it says that, the transaction goes through. And it is cashback and not instant off, so it will not show it in eToys checkout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipping, taxes, Gift Cards, oversized items, Elmo Live, Zune and all video game products (consoles, games and accessories) do not count toward the $50 minimum order requirement
So basically games don't count?

[quote name='cheaphuck']So basically games don't count?[/quote]

Promotional Offer: This transaction is eligible for 20 USD cash back on purchases of 50 USD or more.
Terms

So I am assuming it works. Let me confirm it to make sure.

Went through just fine. I think they may have meant it doesnt count towards game systems, lol.

And btw,

[quote name='Valkryst']Yeah... why is this posted here?[/quote]

Way to try and lynch someone a HOLE! lawl!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OGHowie']Any free shipping codes?[/quote]

I will try to find some. Shipping for three games was 3.89, so not terribly bad, but still wouldnt mind if it was free.

Did you confirm this actually works? The terms say it doesn't apply to video game products and games are specifically mentioned as excluded. Is the paypal cash already in your account?

[quote name='OGHowie']ETNLTR

$5 off $40 or more so it should offset the free shipping.[/quote]

Tried using code and it didnt deduct out. oh well

[quote name='bojay1997']Did you confirm this actually works? The terms say it doesn't apply to video game products and games are specifically mentioned as excluded. Is the paypal cash already in your account?[/quote]

I have no way of confirming it unfortunately because it also is not an instant $20 off, and it is cashback. It is stated it will be creditted back by Jan 31,2009, so I will have to wait and see. But I took all the screenshots and everything that I needed when I was in Paypal's checkout through eToys and even their eligibility section said in the first line,

"Promotional Offer: This transaction is eligible for 20 USD cash back on purchases of 50 USD or more.
Terms"

So if you are going to do it, make sure you take that for your record. Paypal's term and conditions dont exclude video game purchases, but eToys description for the $20 off $50 has it in there, but I trust Paypal. Have not failed me yet, and hopefully they won't now.

[quote name='Squarehard']I have no way of confirming it unfortunately because it also is not an instant $20 off, and it is cashback. It is stated it will be creditted back by Jan 31,2009, so I will have to wait and see. But I took all the screenshots and everything that I needed when I was in Paypal's checkout through eToys and even their eligibility section said in the first line,

"Promotional Offer: This transaction is eligible for 20 USD cash back on purchases of 50 USD or more.
Terms"

So if you are going to do it, make sure you take that for your record. Paypal's term and conditions dont exclude video game purchases, but eToys description for the $20 off $50 has it in there, but I trust Paypal. Have not failed me yet, and hopefully they won't now.[/quote]

I picked up Valkryia Chronicles and it said it was eligible on the Paypal screen (Paypal hasn't failed me yet either) so I think it should be okay.

[quote name='sadunk']Who buys a Zune anyway?[/quote]

People who like to use an FM radio from time to time.
Especially if they go to a gym with the big tv's broadcasting sound to FM channels.
I love the Zune for that.

I wonder if this would work on the Xbox Live Gold Pack for 59.99
That would make this a sweet deal but is it worth the risk.

[quote name='pun123']I wonder if this would work on the Xbox Live Gold Pack for 59.99
That would make this a sweet deal but is it worth the risk.[/quote]

You can always try it and go through the Paypal checkout and see if it says Eligible or not. This is a Paypal money back offer anyways, so to me, regardless of what eToys says as to not having it eligible on video games and etc, as long as Paypal tells me in the end it is eligible(and i have a screenshot of it), it is worth the risk for me, but i understand where most of you are coming from ;P.

My boss had a bad experience with them, I would not recommend them. Last year around Christmas he ordered about $300 worth of Halo figures with next day delivery and they were never shipped. They charged his CC immediately and he had issues getting a live person on the phone. Anyways to cut the story short, 2 months later he didn't ever get the toys so he had to file a charge back.

[quote name='Techsticles']My boss had a bad experience with them, I would not recommend them. Last year around Christmas he ordered about $300 worth of Halo figures with next day delivery and they were never shipped. They charged his CC immediately and he had issues getting a live person on the phone. Anyways to cut the story short, 2 months later he didn't ever get the toys so he had to file a charge back.[/QUOTE]

Yes, eToys.com customer service is horrible. Took me 4 months to get an exchange on a defective item.

This might be a dumb question, but how is cash back awarded? Is it just $20 in your account, or is it $20 back on the card you use?

And don't they charge a percentage of whatever you cash out? It's been a while since I've used PayPal to receive funds, but I seem to remember that a lot of people back in they day on eBay stopped using it because of this.

I'd bite on this, but I'm not sure I need $20 in my PayPal account, especially if I'm forced to use it or lose like $5 of it or something when I cash out. And there's no way I'd ever give them my bank account info. Not a chance.

oh well I didn't read that fine print, ordered some games and the discount is acknowledged on the Paypal screen so I hope that means its valid

[quote name='Quadriflax']This might be a dumb question, but how is cash back awarded? Is it just $20 in your account, or is it $20 back on the card you use?

And don't they charge a percentage of whatever you cash out? It's been a while since I've used PayPal to receive funds, but I seem to remember that a lot of people back in they day on eBay stopped using it because of this.

I'd bite on this, but I'm not sure I need $20 in my PayPal account, especially if I'm forced to use it or lose like $5 of it or something when I cash out. And there's no way I'd ever give them my bank account info. Not a chance.[/quote]

Basically it will credit it back to your Paypal account and you can withdrawal at any time without incurring any fees unless it is over a huge amount such as a wire transfer, or if you want it rushed to your account, otherwise no fees.

Great way to get a Leapfrog Tag for $29.99. You'll have to add some filler of at least 1 penny to get over $50.

Optimash Prime is only $4.99 :)
284711B_1001_LT.jpg

Don't do it... I was tempted to get Valkyria for $40, but eToys clearly says games are excluded. Hell, even the damn Elmo Live is excluded! What does this mean? It means virtually anything that's $60 and actually wanted by people are excluded... Yes, it's true that the logo shows up while you checkout a $60 game. However, since it's not an instant $20 off, but rather something you get around January 31, 2009, not worth the risk...

[quote name='Serpentor']Don't do it... I was tempted to get Valkyria for $40, but eToys clearly says games are excluded. Hell, even the damn Elmo Live is excluded! What does this mean? It means virtually anything that's $60 and actually wanted by people are excluded... Yes, it's true that the logo shows up while you checkout a $60 game. However, since it's not an instant $20 off, but rather something you get around January 31, 2009, not worth the risk...[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's much of a risk. Worst case scenario, the game goes back and I get a refund from Paypal. Chances are they will give me the $20 just to avoid the hassle.

Thanks to Yoshi'spost, I found the MTV Music Generator for 1.99. Perfect Filler, although the shipping is raised by like 3.50. Very odd, I may look around.
BTW, the five dollar code does work once you get to the final screen.
Wii Play ships for 2.64 while the MTV game ships for 4.63. :lol: What a bunch of bastards

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't know if it's much of a risk. Worst case scenario, the game goes back and I get a refund from Paypal. Chances are they will give me the $20 just to avoid the hassle.[/quote]

what about shipping charges

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']what about shipping charges[/QUOTE]

I used the $5 coupon, and if they are refusing to honor the deal, I'm pretty sure they will agree to pay return shipping since I used my credit card through Paypal and my credit card company will just delete the charge if they refuse.

Guys, check your Paypal accounts. I got my $20 cash back yesterday and they didn't even send me an e-mail notification. Looks like this worked out nicely.

[quote name='bojay1997']Guys, check your Paypal accounts. I got my $20 cash back yesterday and they didn't even send me an e-mail notification. Looks like this worked out nicely.[/QUOTE]

Did you order a game?

bread's done
Back