Etrian Odyssey 1/2/3 (DS) $24.90 Each

I wonder if Amazon will offer these at some point for $20 or so. I'm tempted to try them, but $25 still seems like a lot for old-school dungeon crawlers.

With this thread a lot of peoples jaws just dropped to the ground, I remember hearing about this some time ago, finally I can get the case and manual for the first game.

Ordered. I was unable to order from videogamesplus.ca for some reason. I've been waiting for another store to offer the reprint.

Thanks OP.

really hoping that amazon (or at the very least Gamestop) get some reprints. Far as I know they're not even announced for official US release yet.

I would suggest buying them if you have any interest in the genre. They're easily worth the $25 price tag for each one. If they're your style, you'll sink countless hours into each of these. The 4th is also coming out for the 3DS next month.

[quote name='taylort3']really hoping that amazon (or at the very least Gamestop) get some reprints. Far as I know they're not even announced for official US release yet.[/QUOTE]

Play-Asia appears to be selling the US version.

I already have just the carts, so I'm hoping the reprint will allow me to get the cases and manuals soon. I don't really like to have sealed versions, so I think I'll pass on this.

This is exciting! But I'm going to contact Best Buy and Amazon if they will be selling them, because I have a $50 Best Buy gift card and I regularly get Amazon credits. I hope to God they will also sell the reprints.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I liked 3 better than 2 personally[/QUOTE]

Hmm, seems the second one is more universally liked according to metacritic.

Are all 4 games connected in story? Can't get the games at the moment and I'm deciding on getting 4 since the games look really interesting from what I've seen in videos.

The first game is sold out :( I was waiting until other retailers had them, so they better, specifically Amazon and Best Buy! I'm sure at least Gamestop has to have them.

[quote name='diazt350']Are all 4 games connected in story? Can't get the games at the moment and I'm deciding on getting 4 since the games look really interesting from what I've seen in videos.[/QUOTE]

No connecting stories amongst 1, 2, and 3.

[quote name='elessar123']No connecting stories amongst 1, 2, and 3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer. Guess i'll be skipping these for now then.

I hope they do since $25 still seems like a lot of money for old ds games, relative to old current generation titles. But these particular titles have been selling for much more because of limited supply, so maybe the price won't ever get any cheaper for these reprints.

[quote name='bruceg']I hope they do since $25 still seems like a lot of money for old ds games, relative to old current generation titles. But these particular titles have been selling for much more because of limited supply, so maybe the price won't get any cheaper for these reprints.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it does -- especially since there are so many games that hit $10 these days. I saw that Radiant Historia was $15 for awhile when there was a reprint, so I hope the same will happen with this.

The deal expires in a couple of hours. I have Best Buy and Amazon credit so I would prefer to get these games there, but it's like Atlus is ignoring these reprints. There's nothing about them anywhere.

And of course the Best Buy chat always disconnects for me. Amazon doesn't know either.

Already have a new copy of EO3 that I got from GS the other day for 30 dollars. Went ahead and got I and II from playasia for 50 dollars shipped. Also got the EO3 preorder bonus artbook for 15 shipped via ebay. So basically I got the whole DS EO collection for 100 dollars which isnt bad due to its rarity these days.

I'm assuming that the EO3 artbook was the only preorder bonus that was released? Or was there anything for I or II?

[quote name='kosmos13x']Already have a new copy of EO3 that I got from GS the other day for 30 dollars. Went ahead and got I and II from playasia for 50 dollars shipped. Also got the EO3 preorder bonus artbook for 15 shipped via ebay. So basically I got the whole DS EO collection for 100 dollars which isnt bad due to its rarity these days.

I'm assuming that the EO3 artbook was the only preorder bonus that was released? Or was there anything for I or II?[/QUOTE]

Didnt realize the artbook cost that much now, I didnt buy 3 on release date and the guy just handed me 2 copies after we chatted a bit about the series.

Was hoping Gamestop or Best Buy would get the reprints too, but I think I'll pass, I know I'll likely never play 1 or 2 again (Or even 3 after 4 comes out)

[quote name='dgwillia006'] but I think I'll pass, I know I'll likely never play 1 or 2 again (Or even 3 after 4 comes out)[/QUOTE]

just wondering if it be worth going back an playing 1,2,3 if i start with 4, going get a 3ds soon an buying the newest etrian odyssey with it. i would not mind playing the older ones for variety if their different enough

I'd say the main differences are the actual classes in each game (Though most are similar), and probably the different gameplay mechanics they added in each one.

It might be worth it to atleast try 3 if you never played anything in the series before (Or any game of the sort). Just your party/skill build can determine if the game is easy or rage inducing.

bread's done
Back