EU Arcana Heart 3 on a US PS3 with SDTV

SeraphiMichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hello,
Can anyone confirm if the EU release of Arcana Heart 3 will display fine on a SD TV hooked to a US PS3 via AV cables? I can get the EU LE for the same price as the PSN and would prefer a disc release. Thanks in advance.

I have always heard that the PS3 is region free so I don't see why it wouldn't work. As for being viewed on an SD TV, probably just as good as any other fighter appears.

This is probably the main reason I shop at Gamestop, for those titles that no one else is really carrying like Xenoblade. I kind of wish Gamestop would carry all these European exclusives like Arcana Heart 3 for the North American region and vice versa for North American exclusives.

I think people are missing the most important part. The hangup isn't with the system, it's with the TV. As long as you're using component cables (rgb video) you should still be fine. Obviously HDMI will work as well, but composite (one video) and S-video won't.

It was the same thing with UK versions of Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']It was the same thing with UK versions of Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

That's a really bad example since the UK version of Xenoblade has actual 60Hz support built in it hence why it was so import friendly. You could play that game with any video connection on the Wii.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I think people are missing the most important part. The hangup isn't with the system, it's with the TV. As long as you're using component cables (rgb video) you should still be fine. Obviously HDMI will work as well, but composite (one video) and S-video won't.

It was the same thing with UK versions of Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

That is what I was specifically trying to find out. Unfortunately, my TV has one video and one audio in so, to my knowledge, cannot use RGB video cables. I do not suppose there is something I can get, like a bridge, that I can use to hook component cables to my TV?

They make converters, but I have no idea how they'd work for this situation. I think they're fairly pricy too, so I'd want to make sure first. I wish I had a better answer for you.

As for Xenoblade, I had no idea it ran at 60hz. I stopped looking into it because I didn't want to mod my Wii anyway. So yes, the example was bad but the point is the same :D

bread's done
Back