Eugenics: It's not just for Nazi's anymore

deathscythehe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
John Holdren(Science Czar) Forced abortions and mass sterilization needed to save the planet
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2291443/posts

Justice Ginsberg: Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of.
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/god-and...oes-ruth-bader-ginsburg-support-eugenics.html

Are you noticing a pattern of that "real American" Progressive movement that has taken over this country?
Remember everyone, keep worrying about Michael Jackson's pills and whether Sotomayor was scared of bugs in school.

Lets give out lifetime class III FFL and CCW permits with no restrictions on either of them in exchange for sterilization. I'm half tempted to anyways because I don't want kids except for the fact I know my genes would breed superior babies over your standard couple. But the promise of carrying in any state would entice thousands of people and cost the gov't nothing but the paper they print the documents on.

I'm wholly in favor of curbing population growth but forcing people into it would be the most detrimental effect to modern society (see China).

Free Republic as a source? Didn't they just call Malika Obama 'ghetto trash' for wearing a t-shirt with a peace symbol on it? Then tried to blame it on 'liberal spies!' Class acts, each and every one.

Regardless, the Freep page links to another page that is out of order (Well sourced!).

So I wiki'd the guy.

Yeah, in the 60's and 70's he was working with a guy named Paul Ehrlich who was a popular, well-known scientist at the time who wrote paperback scare books about over-population and control. It's more then likely he was the brain-child behind the more extreme statements in the two papers they wrote together.

So, out of the over 300 papers and 20 books Holdren has written, someone over at freerepblic.com found a few outlandish statements in two papers he co-wrote with a guy who was a well known population scare proponent 30-40 years ago (one in 69, the other in 77).

Gotcha, he's a Razi! Which means all LIEberals are Nazis!

Here's some better sources:
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_12837799
http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/c...-eugenics-should-raise-eyebrows-50810307.html
In the book, “Ecoscience,” co-written with neo-Malthusian prophet of doom and scientific laughingstock Paul Ehrlich, Holdren advocated a series of bizarre and horrifying measures to deal with an overpopulation threat that never materialized.
Among the suggestions in the book: Laws requiring the abortion or adoption of illegitimate children; sterilizing women after having two children; legally requiring “reproductive responsibility” to those deemed by pointy-headed eugenicists to “contribute to general social deterioration”; and incredibly, Holdren, apparently under the impression “Dr. Strangelove” was a how-to manual, entertained the idea of putting sterilizing agents in the drinking water.
Naturally, these population control measures would be enforced by “an armed international organization, a global analogue of a police force.” Very recently, Holdren was still listing the book on his curriculum vitae.
This guy is a psychopath. Forced abortions, forced sterilization, and a global police force. Wow.

If this happened we wouldn't be able to have the great octomom.

Maybe instead of forcing sterilization, we should just curb the overuse of fertility drugs.

[quote name='Cheese']EcoScience was published in 1977. Is there any evidence that Holdren believes this today?[/QUOTE]
Then why would he feature Ecoscience prominently in his interview with AP?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmr5gdOOWU8
In this interview, he also talks about geoengineering to "stop global warming."
Yeah, geoengineering. That's a great idea. Shooting pollution particulates into the Earth's atmosphere to reflect away sunlight. That should help a lot.

Which AP interview? Not the one you posted, he doesn't mention it there at all. Did you watch to the whole clip? Especially where he spends the second half listing the reasons why particle blocking, exactly what you are accusing him of endorsing, is bullshit?

Yeah, y'know, that.

[quote name='Cheese']Which AP interview? Not the one you posted, he doesn't mention it there at all. Did you watch to the whole clip? Especially where he spends the second half listing the reasons why particle blocking, exactly what you are accusing him of endorsing, is bullshit?

Yeah, y'know, that.[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the clip? See in the upper left corner? Ecoscience. Get's it's own shelf. I would think that if he didn't believe in the ideas in that book, it wouldn't be on his shelf in an interview. Also, he talked about how shooting particles into the atmosphere might be needed. Apparently, you're the one who didn't watch the clip.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Did you watch the clip? See in the upper left corner? Ecoscience. Get's it's own shelf. .[/QUOTE]

actually there is a book on top of Ecoscience, we need Alex Jones to do an expose on that book!!

"My personal opinion is that we have to keep geo-engineering on the table, we have to look at it very carefully because we might get desperate enough that we might want to use it.

The danger of course with geo-engineering is one, as I was referring to a moment ago, we don't understand the system well enough to predict it's responses in detail, and that means there's always a danger if you try to engineer the system on a large scale that you will do something that has side effects that are worse then the dimension of the problem you are trying to cure in the first place."

In the first sentence he says keep it on the table because a time may come when we might want to do something like that, but then goes into a 1 minute 43 second bashing of the entire concept.

You stopped listening after the first 7 seconds.

Ecoscience on the shelf...

Wow, you're fucking crazy! You think he intentionally rearranged the books on his shelves to promote one of 20 books he's written? And then specifically promote the paragraph of ideas you've read about in the entire book?

And us lefties are the one's who are supposed to be high all the time.

From Prison Planet, the only people who are taking this seriously, y'know, lunatics...

“This material is from a three-decade-old, three-author college textbook. Dr. Holdren addressed this issue during his confirmation when he said he does not believe that determining optimal population is a proper role of government. Dr. Holdren is not and never has been an advocate for policies of forced sterilization,” reads a statement provided by Holdren’s staff.

A statement from Holdren’s co-authors the Ehrlichs was also released by the White House which read, “Anybody who actually wants to know what we and/or Professor Holdren believe and recommend about these matters would presumably read some of the dozens of publications that we and he separately have produced in more recent times, rather than going back a third of a century to find some formulations in an encyclopedic textbook where description can be misrepresented as endorsement.”

During his confirmation hearing, when asked whether he thought “determining optimal population is a proper role of the government,” Holdren answered, “No, Senator, I do not.”

According to Alex Jones (Nutjob) here are 9 pages with controversial passages in EcoScience. The book is 1052 pages long.

You're right, this Holdren guy is a NAZI.

[quote name='Cheese']"My personal opinion is that we have to keep geo-engineering on the table, we have to look at it very carefully because we might get desperate enough that we might want to use it.

The danger of course with geo-engineering is one, as I was referring to a moment ago, we don't understand the system well enough to predict it's responses in detail, and that means there's always a danger if you try to engineer the system on a large scale that you will do something that has side effects that are worse then the dimension of the problem you are trying to cure in the first place."

In the first sentence he says keep it on the table because a time may come when we might want to do something like that, but then goes into a 1 minute 43 second bashing of the entire concept.

You stopped listening after the first 7 seconds.[/QUOTE]
I don't see why it is a good idea to say we should keep a very dangerous idea on the table to combat global warming. Even if he talks about how it might not be a good idea for 1min. 43sec, that doesn't mean he doesn't think it should be an option.

Ecoscience on the shelf...

Wow, you're fucking crazy! You think he intentionally rearranged the books on his shelves to promote one of 20 books he's written? And then specifically promote the paragraph of ideas you've read about in the entire book?
No, I think that if he really didn't like the ideas he wrote in his textbook anymore, he wouldn't have it anywhere near him, especially with a camera around.

And us lefties are the one's who are supposed to be high all the time.

From Prison Planet, the only people who are taking this seriously, y'know, lunatics...
Oh, and we shouldn't take what this guy wrote seriously because some conspiracy theorists are talking about it? Yeah, that's a real great idea. I could give too shits who's reporting the news as long as it is actual facts.

[quote name='Cheese']According to Alex Jones (Nutjob) here are 9 pages with controversial passages in EcoScience. The book is 1052 pages long.

You're right, this Holdren guy is a NAZI.[/QUOTE]
So if someone were to give a 2hr long speech, and the said in 10 seconds, "We should have forced abortions for the poor, and sterilants in the water," that shouldn't matter? Also, I could care who reports the news, whether its some nutjob or the New York Times, as long as its factual.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']I don't see why it is a good idea to say we should keep a very dangerous idea on the table to combat global warming. Even if he talks about how it might not be a good idea for 1min. 43sec, that doesn't mean he doesn't think it should be an option.[/quote]

When dealing with a hostile country we always say, "The nuclear option is still on the table." We'd never use it again, but it's still on the table.

He explains himself right there, "because we may reach a point where we would consider it." He thinks it's a bad idea, but he wants to keep the option open. There might come a time when we understand the consequences better, or any number of things that make it a reasonable course of action.

No, I think that if he really didn't like the ideas he wrote in his textbook anymore, he wouldn't have it anywhere near him, especially with a camera around.

There are nine pages of ideas that are might be embarrassing, and 1043 that are not. Maybe he likes one of those.

Maybe he doesn't live in fear that nine pages of ideas from a 1,000+ page book he co-authored with two other people 30 years ago didn't come to pass. He's the director of science and technology at Harvard, I bet he's pretty comfortable with his place in the science community, despite his 30 year old, nine page transgressions.

Oh, and we shouldn't take what this guy wrote seriously because some conspiracy theorists are talking about it? Yeah, that's a real great idea. I could give too shits who's reporting the news as long as it is actual facts.

We don't listen to conspiracy theorists because more often then not (this case included) they offer little in the way of facts and much in the way of theory. Much like saying, "If he has a book he wrote 30 years ago on his shelf, he MUST BE A NAZI." There is the fact that the book has some controversial & outdated ideas, and it's a fact that it is on the guy's shelf. But that means that he still carries these ideas and wants to institute forced abortion camps is Alex Jones' own fantasy. Holdren has denounced the ideas a number of times, including during his confirmation hearings, how is it you're willing to disregard what is coming out of the guy's own mouth in favor of Alex Jones' (who has never gotten anything right) opinion?

Next you'll be telling me he's a lizard person.

[quote name='Cheese']When dealing with a hostile country we always say, "The nuclear option is still on the table." We'd never use it again, but it's still on the table.

He explains himself right there, "because we may reach a point where we would consider it." He thinks it's a bad idea, but he wants to keep the option open. There might come a time when we understand the consequences better, or any number of things that make it a reasonable course of action.

There are nine pages of ideas that are might be embarrassing, and 1043 that are not. Maybe he likes one of those.

Maybe he doesn't live in fear that nine pages of ideas from a 1,000+ page book he co-authored with two other people 30 years ago didn't come to pass. He's the director of science and technology at Harvard, I bet he's pretty comfortable with his place in the science community, despite his 30 year old, nine page transgressions.

We don't listen to conspiracy theorists because more often then not (this case included) they offer little in the way of facts and much in the way of theory. [/QUOTE]
I see scans of his book. Those are facts.

Much like saying, "If he has a book he wrote 30 years ago on his shelf, he MUST BE A NAZI." There is the fact that the book has some controversial & outdated ideas, and it's a fact that it is on the guy's shelf.
Controversial & outdated ideas? That's what you want to call them?
“Indeed, it has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution if the population crisis became sufficiently severe to endanger the society.”
“One way to carry out this disapproval might be to insist that all illegitimate babies be put up for adoption—especially those born to minors, who generally are not capable of caring properly for a child alone. If a single mother really wished to keep her baby, she might be obliged to go through adoption proceedings and demonstrate her ability to support and care for it. Adoption proceedings probably should remain more difficult for single people than for married couples, in recognition of the relative difficulty of raising children alone. It would even be possible to require pregnant single women to marry or have abortions, perhaps as an alternative to placement for adoption, depending on the society.”
“Adding a sterilant to drinking water or staple foods is a suggestion that seems to horrify people more than most proposals for involuntary fertility control. Indeed, this would pose some very difficult political, legal, and social questions, to say nothing of the technical problems. No such sterilant exists today, nor does one appear to be under development. To be acceptable, such a substance would have to meet some rather stiff requirements: it must be uniformly effective, despite widely varying doses received by individuals, and despite varying degrees of fertility and sensitivity among individuals; it must be free of dangerous or unpleasant side effects; and it must have no effect on members of the opposite sex, children, old people, pets, or livestock.”
“A program of sterilizing women after their second or third child, despite the relatively greater difficulty of the operation than vasectomy, might be easier to implement than trying to sterilize men.
The development of a long-term sterilizing capsule that could be implanted under the skin and removed when pregnancy is desired opens additional possibilities for coercive fertility control. The capsule could be implanted at puberty and might be removable, with official permission, for a limited number of births.”
“If some individuals contribute to general social deterioration by overproducing children, and if the need is compelling, they can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility—just as they can be required to exercise responsibility in their resource-consumption patterns—providing they are not denied equal protection.
“In today’s world, however, the number of children in a family is a matter of profound public concern. The law regulates other highly personal matters. For example, no one may lawfully have more than one spouse at a time. Why should the law not be able to prevent a person from having more than two children?”
“Perhaps those agencies, combined with UNEP and the United Nations population agencies, might eventually be developed into a Planetary Regime—sort of an international superagency for population, resources, and environment. Such a comprehensive Planetary Regime could control the development, administration, conservation, and distribution of all natural resources, renewable or nonrenewable, at least insofar as international implications exist. Thus the Regime could have the power to control pollution not only in the atmosphere and oceans, but also in such freshwater bodies as rivers and lakes that cross international boundaries or that discharge into the oceans. The Regime might also be a logical central agency for regulating all international trade, perhaps including assistance from DCs to LDCs, and including all food on the international market.”
“The Planetary Regime might be given responsibility for determining the optimum population for the world and for each region and for arbitrating various countries’ shares within their regional limits. Control of population size might remain the responsibility of each government, but the Regime would have some power to enforce the agreed limits.”
“If this could be accomplished, security might be provided by an armed international organization, a global analogue of a police force. Many people have recognized this as a goal, but the way to reach it remains obscure in a world where factionalism seems, if anything, to be increasing. The first step necessarily involves partial surrender of sovereignty to an international organization.”
“Another related issue that seems to encourage a pronatalist attitude in many people is the question of the differential reproduction of social or ethnic groups. Many people seem to be possessed by fear that their group may be outbred by other groups. White Americans and South Africans are worried there will be too many blacks, and vice versa. The Jews in Israel are disturbed by the high birth rates of Israeli Arabs, Protestants are worried about Catholics, and lbos about Hausas. Obviously, if everyone tries to outbreed everyone else, the result will be catastrophe for all. This is another case of the “tragedy of the commons,” wherein the “commons” is the planet Earth. Fortunately, it appears that, at least in the DCs, virtually all groups are exercising reproductive restraint.”
“Humanity cannot afford to muddle through the rest of the twentieth century; the risks are too great, and the stakes are too high. This may be the last opportunity to choose our own and our descendants’ destiny. Failing to choose or making the wrong choices may lead to catastrophe. But it must never be forgotten that the right choices could lead to a much better world.”
But that means that he still carries these ideas and wants to institute forced abortion camps is Alex Jones' own fantasy.
I see nowhere in these articles mentioned where it says there will be forced abortion camps. I do however see in Holdren's writings where he talks about forced abortions.
Holdren has denounced the ideas a number of times, including during his confirmation hearings,
Source?
how is it you're willing to disregard what is coming out of the guy's own mouth in favor of Alex Jones' (who has never gotten anything right) opinion?
Again, I don't care about opinions, only facts. The fact is, Holdren wrote these things in his textbook, that are sickening.

Next you'll be telling me he's a lizard person.
I see nothing about lizard people on this guy's site.
If you would like some info on them, a quick google search brings up this:
http://www.reptoids.com/
Better watch out for the reptilian human hybrids. They're out to get you!
gorn.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
:rofl:

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']
Source?[/quote]

Here's one I c&p'd before from Prison Planet itself. It also has the video you posted, and (perhaps not surprisingly) the same inept misinterpretation.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/holdren...otalitarian-population-control-proposals.html

“This material is from a three-decade-old, three-author college textbook. Dr. Holdren addressed this issue during his confirmation when he said he does not believe that determining optimal population is a proper role of government. Dr. Holdren is not and never has been an advocate for policies of forced sterilization,” reads a statement provided by Holdren’s staff.

A statement from Holdren’s co-authors the Ehrlichs was also released by the White House which read, “Anybody who actually wants to know what we and/or Professor Holdren believe and recommend about these matters would presumably read some of the dozens of publications that we and he separately have produced in more recent times, rather than going back a third of a century to find some formulations in an encyclopedic textbook where description can be misrepresented as endorsement.”

During his confirmation hearing, when asked whether he thought “determining optimal population is a proper role of the government,” Holdren answered, “No, Senator, I do not.”

Is it likely that Holdren’s true feelings towards overpopulation can be extracted from a five word response at a confirmation hearing, or from his own encyclopedic length textbook?

On the one hand we have to weigh the credibility of a one sentence comment at the public sideshow of a confirmation hearing, a spectacle that has become synonymous with the art of lying, deception, and hiding skeletons in the closet, as can be witnessed right now with the Judge Sonia Sotomayor hearings.

On the other hand we have a 1000-plus page book which is littered with proposals centered around forced abortion, numerous different methods of forced sterilization and numerous other proposals describing invasive government control of pregnancy and the life cycle.

Which is likelier to be a true representation of Holdren’s real position on the subject?

Yes, which is more likely? The nine pages of a 30 year old book or what he actually says?

Check what the author does there, like I said, he points out a few facts then goes headlong into the speculation. He has no evidence to disprove what the guy says, but he irresponsibly goes on theorizing anyway.

Y'know what? Good for you, keep believing in this and make sure you tell everyone you know about it, right after you tell them that 9/11 was an inside job and Obama isn't an American.

Again, I don't care about opinions, only facts. The fact is, Holdren wrote these things in his textbook, that are sickening.

His name is on the book with two other people, who were rather famous for their outlandish population views. It' very likely he didn't write the passages in question but one of the others did. So, is is a FACT that he wrote them?

I see nothing about lizard people on this guy's site.
If you would like some info on them, a quick google search brings up this:
http://www.reptoids.com/
Better watch out for the reptilian human hybrids. They're out to get you!
gorn.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

C'mon, the reptoids are behind all of this, everyone knows that! It's just a matter of time until Alex Jones realizes David Icke is right.

[quote name='Cheese']Here's one I c&p'd before from Prison Planet itself. It also has the video you posted, and (perhaps not surprisingly) the same inept misinterpretation.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/holdren...otalitarian-population-control-proposals.html

Yes, which is more likely? The nine pages of a 30 year old book or what he actually says? [/quote]
You mean what his book says, or what he says?
Check what the author does there, like I said, he points out a few facts then goes headlong into the speculation. He has no evidence to disprove what the guy says, but he irresponsibly goes on theorizing anyway.

Y'know what? Good for you, keep believing in this and make sure you tell everyone you know about it, right after you tell them that 9/11 was an inside job and Obama isn't an American.

I don't know where you get the idea that I think Obama isn't a American, and 9/11 was an inside job, but wow.

His name is on the book with two other people, who were rather famous for their outlandish population views. It' very likely he didn't write the passages in question but one of the others did. So, is is a FACT that he wrote them?
Why anyone would put their name on something they disagree with, I don't know. Especially when there are such inflammatory comments in the book.
In case you still don't think Holdren is crazy read this article at Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/03/holdren-obama-science-opinions-contributors_0203_ronald_bailey.html
It talks about how he is constantly spelling doom for the human race, and how he is always talking about doom that isn't there with his great friend (and co-author of ecoscience!) Paul Ehrlich.
Also near the beginning of his career, Holdren introduced in 1971--with his colleague and perennial population-alarmist, Ehrlich--the concept of the I=PAT identity. Human Impact on the environment is equal to Population x Affluence/consumption x Technology. All of which are supposed to intensify and worsen humanity's impact on the natural world.
History shows that the I=PAT identity largely gets it backward. Population is at worst neutral, while affluence and technology actually promote environmental flourishing. It is in the rich, developed countries that the air becomes clearer, the streams cleaner and the forests more expansive.
Here's a highlight:
In keeping with his dogmatic limits-to-growth convictions, Holdren joined his frequent co-author, eco-doomster Paul Ehrlich, in a famous bet against cornucopian economist Julian Simon.
In 1980, Holdren, Ehrlich and Stanford colleague John Harte picked a basket of five commodities--chrome, copper, nickel, tin and tungsten--that they were sure were going to rise in price as they became increasingly scarce. They drew up a futures contract obligating Simon to sell Holdren, Ehrlich and Harte the same quantities of five metals that could be purchased for $1,000 10 years later at 1980 prices.
If the combined prices rose above $1,000, Simon would pay the difference. If they fell below $1,000, Ehrlich would pay Simon. Ehrlich mailed Simon a check for $576.07 in October 1990. Simply put, the combined real prices of the metals selected by Holdren and his colleagues fell by more than 50% during the 1980s, confirming cornucopian claims that the supply of resources over time becomes more abundant, not scarcer.
Also, on page 954 of Ecoscience, it says,"The neo-Malthuisan view proposes...population limitation and redistribution of wealth.
On these points, we find ourselves firmly in the neo-Malthusian camp"
Neo-Matlthusians are people who advocate population control via sterilization, and abortion.
Also, he has this to say now:
In a 2006 paper, Holdren noted that reducing "GDP per person" -- that is, cutting your personal wealth -- also reduces Greenhouse Gas emissions. True, it is "not a lever that most people would want to use to reduce emissions";
This article also details what he has said, if you don't like the ones that hve been posted.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=34198

Holdren and Ehrlich are definitely wackos and fearmongers, but this is hardly news. Holdren thinks 1 billion people will die from global warming by 2020. Just laugh and go on with life, you know?

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Did you watch the clip? See in the upper left corner? Ecoscience. Get's it's own shelf. I would think that if he didn't believe in the ideas in that book, it wouldn't be on his shelf in an interview.[/QUOTE]

This is really a highly questionable conclusion to draw even if your observation were correct, but given that most people don't have first-hand knowledge of TV production, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just point out something you probably don't know: when you're on TV, the crew arranges the stuff behind you, even when it's not a set (i.e.; your own office). There are all sorts of reasons: lighting, making an interesting visual composition, displaying whatever it is you're known for or talking about, etc. What the guy's sitting in front of and how it's displayed isn't up to him.

Cheese, fullmetal's using the same argument that they used against Obama. Obama deals with Ayers on a professional level a couple years ago therefore he must have agreed with his views from 30 years ago.

Also, if I wrote a book 30 years ago, I'd still have it even if it was the worst thing to ever hit print. I'd be proud that I got something published even if it was very radical even for today's standards.

That doesn't mean I agree with everything now but it shows how far I've come into the present. It's kind of a time capsule. I'm pretty sure not all of us are proud of our high school pictures but there they are. In no way do they represent who we are today but they do show who we were in the past.

And fullmetal, he wasn't saying that 9/11 was an inside job or that Obama isn't American but that's the kind of jibe you seem to be cutting in your position during this thread. You're taking one book that's behind a guy and stating that he must be a stern proponent of eugenics and every other conspiracy theory you have cooked up.

[quote name='depascal22']Cheese, fullmetal's using the same argument that they used against Obama. Obama deals with Ayers on a professional level a couple years ago therefore he must have agreed with his views from 30 years ago.

Also, if I wrote a book 30 years ago, I'd still have it even if it was the worst thing to ever hit print. I'd be proud that I got something published even if it was very radical even for today's standards.

That doesn't mean I agree with everything now but it shows how far I've come into the present. It's kind of a time capsule. I'm pretty sure not all of us are proud of our high school pictures but there they are. In no way do they represent who we are today but they do show who we were in the past.

And fullmetal, he wasn't saying that 9/11 was an inside job or that Obama isn't American but that's the kind of jibe you seem to be cutting in your position during this thread. You're taking one book that's behind a guy and stating that he must be a stern proponent of eugenics and every other conspiracy theory you have cooked up.[/QUOTE]

I didn't read all this that carefully but it seems to me all of the controversial parts are hypothetical if everything went absolutely the worst way possible.

Dude wrote a doomsday book 30 years ago. According to the logic in this thread, John must be a real douchebag for writing Revelations.

Yeah, they might all be hypothetical situations but some people in this thread have been passing them off as official government doctrine since he's the health czar.

[quote name='depascal22']Cheese, fullmetal's using the same argument that they used against Obama. Obama deals with Ayers on a professional level a couple years ago therefore he must have agreed with his views from 30 years ago.[/quote]
Obama didn't write a book with Ayers that in a section talked about blowing up government buildings. This Holdren guy wrote a book with two other crazies that talked about how forced sterilization, and abortion could be implemented. Obama wasn't prancing around with Ayers talking about how we need to kill some people off or the world is going to end. Obama didn't call himself anything that would accociate himself with killing people, and commiting terrorist acts. Holdren was prancing around with the co-author of this book, Erlich talking about how we need to kill off some people, so the world won't end. Holdren in the book calls himself a neo-Malthusian, which is someone who believes that we need to control population via sterilization and abortion.
Really? If you were a public figure, you would want people to know that you co-authored a book that talks about the need for forced strilization, forced abortion, forced population control?

I think this guy is proud of his book, because he really does believe what he writes.

And fullmetal, he wasn't saying that 9/11 was an inside job or that Obama isn't American but that's the kind of jibe you seem to be cutting in your position during this thread. You're taking one book that's behind a guy and stating that he must be a stern proponent of eugenics and every other conspiracy theory you have cooked up.
How is this a conspiracy theory? I find that the things in this guy's book are disturbing, and now I'm a conspiracy theorist? This guy wrote a book with two other crazies, and talks about ways to get away with forced abortions, forced sterilization, etc. How is this okay? He's the fucking health czar! That would be like if OJ became the Attorney General!

Neo-malthusian refers to not only abortion but birth control. Basically, it says that agricultural output is arithmetic (1-2-3-4) while population growth is geometric (1-2-4-8). Using those numbers, you will have to do something to limit population growth before we run out of food. This has been talked about for years and while he was very radical about it 30 years ago, it still remains a pressing issue for our long term survival as a species. It sounds horrible but something will need to be done in the next thousand years.

[quote name='depascal22']Neo-malthusian refers to not only abortion but birth control. Basically, it says that agricultural output is arithmetic (1-2-3-4) while population growth is geometric (1-2-4-8). Using those numbers, you will have to do something to limit population growth before we run out of food. This has been talked about for years and while he was very radical about it 30 years ago, it still remains a pressing issue for our long term survival as a species. It sounds horrible but something will need to be done in the next thousand years.[/QUOTE]
Yup, there's a real big population problem, and we need to solve it. Nevermind that in many industrial countries the replacement rate is below 2.1, so their populations are going down naturally. We should still sterilize people though, and have forced abortions. Who cares how horrible it sounds? ITS FOR THE SPECIES!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. It was a book and those three put forth some extreme radical ways to fix a problem. Did they say it had to be implemented? Has he started to implement his policies now? Get worried when everyone has to take a reproduction exam. Get worried when we have a one child policy in this country.

Besides, it's the population rate in the Third World that we have to worry about. More hunger and poverty means more civil unrest which affects every part of the globe. Sooner or later it ends up at our doorstep just like 9/11.

Sometimes bad things have to happen in order to serve a greater good. We dropped nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They killed thousands of people but probably saved 100 times that amount considering we didn't have to invade the mainland. Look at the pictures of Japanese survivors and tell me it wasn't one of the worst atrocities in the history of man. On the other hand, it saved so many people it was worth the horrible expense of human life. Can anyone argue that fighting the Japanese was a good thing?

People will feel the same way about eugenics in the future. It sucked that everyone got free birth control but the world's population stopped skyrocketing and we didn't outgrow our food sources.

With your guys logic, it's OK if everyone starves as long as no one ever tells a woman to go on birth control.

bread's done
Back