Europa Universalis III Chronicles FREE

They asked for CC or Paypal info, I used PP, hope it's not a hidden subscription. Please post if anyone knows more info on this. Thanks!

[quote name='Asgardian']They asked for CC or Paypal info, I used PP, hope it's not a hidden subscription. Please post if anyone knows more info on this. Thanks![/QUOTE]

The card I have on file for them is an old card that I don't use anymore. SO I don't think they are going to charge anything. They didn't last time when it was Men At War Vietnam. You should be fine.

Edit: Good to hear they accept Paypal now though. Not long ago they didn't.

Nope, nothing charged, no hidden fees or subscription or anything. They're gearing up to release EU IV (this summer, I think), so they're trying to get people interested in the EU games. If you like strategy games, these are fantastic.

Welp, I picked it up, since I've had a passing interest in the series. Does it activate on Steam at all, so I can have it as a permanent notch in my giant wall of unplayed Steam games?

[quote name='FadeToOne']I downloaded it. Game looks confusing as all hell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty steep learning curve on all of the EU games, but well worth it if you take the time to dive in. Definitely not for casual fans though.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I downloaded it. Game looks confusing as all hell.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, there is no way in hell I'm going to learn to play this.

Grabbed it, thanks OP. Played EU II 11 years ago. I hope I have the time and drive to get into it.

[quote name='sabbott']Wish it didn't require yet another game client, but free is free![/QUOTE]

It does provide a key, but I havent tried redeeming it on Steam yet.

[quote name='Punisher138']It does provide a key, but I havent tried redeeming it on Steam yet.[/QUOTE]

I just tried. No dice.

Honestly, the game isn't quite as complicated as it seems. Much of the nuanced details can be ignored. The core gameplay is amazing, though. The other stuff just adds depth, but it's not required.

I bought this game back when it came out, and I don't regret it at all.

Thanks mbrown! this is exactly the kind of game that fries my brain into junkie-mode: "all I need is 3 hours of sleep for work tomorrow" , historical, strategic...lost/won a good year of my life on civilization 4

It's a fantastic game, if you take the time to learn it. Of all the core Paradox games (Europa Universalis, Victoria, Hearts of Iron, and Crusader Kings), EU3 is probably the easiest one to learn. There's a lot going on, but like mbrown3 said, a lot of the small nuances can be put on the backburner until you learn the basics. My advice is to go through part of a Let's Play on YouTube... most of them are pretty good with teaching the basics of the game and the strategies you can use while playing as different nations.

[quote name='sirgalahad']Thanks mbrown! this is exactly the kind of game that fries my brain into junkie-mode: "all I need is 3 hours of sleep for work tomorrow" , historical, strategic...lost/won a good year of my life on civilization 4[/QUOTE]

Totally. Civ IV is the best of the series, IMO, and one of my favorite games of all-time.

Does anyone know how to delete credit card info from Gamefly? I have been trying for a bit and can't figure out how. Do they just hold it for ransom or what? I do not want my card stored on their site for any reason at all. Thanks for any suggestions.

bread's done
Back