Even MORE Royal Fail postal strikes announced.

PhaperPlane

CAGiversary!
Well, unfortunately today the CWU has announced two more days of strikes. While some of the strikes were in different areas of the UK, these two strikes will affect the whole country. With 35 Million items undelivered, this is bound to rise.
The two new dates are:
Friday, 6th November
Monday 9th November

They are really shooting themselves in the foot here, they are handing business to other companies like UKMail, TNT etc.

That's going to screw up all those orders of Modern Warfare 2 :p I would strongly suggest trying to change the shipping method if you can.

Yep, it sucks - but the few places I've ordered things from recently have been switching to couriers for the same price, so it hasn't affected me too badly yet.

Amazon Prime customers are unaffected but I understand it's hardly in keeping with the spirit of CAG. It may be worth using any reward points from some sites to cover the costs of special delivery.

funnily enough i havnt been affected at all by the strikes and ive ordered like 7 things in the past 3 weeks or so
maybe its down to luck

I actually had a degree of sympathy for the Royal Mail workers but... those f*ckers are preventing me from playing the new Football Manager. Unforgivable.

I'm not going to lie, the strike pisses me off. It's counter-productive and self-defeating. I appreciate that the workers have greviances, and they should be allowed to strike, but it's not going to help their cause in the long term really.

yay, what bugs me the most is some douchebag in the industry will step up and proclaim the inherent superiority of DLC over strikes and snail mail!
i say burn him, burn him down

I haven't ordered/preordered Modern Warfare I am just going to head to Tesco/a supermarket and hopefully pick it up slightly cheaper.

This is really worrying, I'm going to avoid purchasing stuff online that ships through Royal Mail.

They're really not doing themselves any favours, there might be more sympathy for the postal workers' plight if they weren't crippling small businesses and pissing off the general poplace by throwing a massive tantrum.

I say sod it, speed up the modernisation and sack the cunts. Robots don't go on strike.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat
Postman Pat and his unionised cat,
Early in the morning,
They're still in bed a-snoring,
Where's my post you greedy f**king twat?

[quote name='HooHaa']Amazon Prime customers are unaffected but I understand it's hardly in keeping with the spirit of CAG. It may be worth using any reward points from some sites to cover the costs of special delivery.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already you can usually score a free trial with Amazon Prime. that's keeping with the CAG spirit :)

amazon say express, first class and amazon prime deliverys are unaffected in regards of the strikes

:)

[quote name='tomnorthi']Shopto.net are upgrading all modern warfare 2 orders, to uk mail couriers for free.
http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page...chtext=call of duty modern warfare 2&layout=0[/QUOTE]

not all bad turns out dark - UK shopto'ers will enjoy a launch-day gaming, it seems

[quote name='widow123']amazon say express, first class and amazon prime deliverys are unaffected in regards of the strikes

:)[/QUOTE]

is it for real or just claims? how will they cope?

[quote name='babaz75']
is it for real or just claims? how will they cope?[/QUOTE]

i dunno but like the guy above said, companies like parcelforce and what not should be able to cope

also im pretty sure the people on strike could be replaced by temp staff that just need the money

[quote name='widow123']
also im pretty sure the people on strike could be replaced by temp staff that just need the money[/QUOTE]

that's not very respectful of the strike. i dont think it's even possible (according to law) to hire temporary staff to "superseed" strike consequencies.

please dont forget historical importance of strikes into cultural and economical development of working classes (expecially UK should not forget...)

[quote name='babaz75']that's not very respectful of the strike. i dont think it's even possible (according to law) to hire temporary staff to "superseed" strike consequencies.

please dont forget historical importance of strikes into cultural and economical development of working classes (expecially UK should not forget...)[/QUOTE]

nah im not saying that, its just the world doesnt stop cause the royal mail go on strike, the strike does its damage regardless of wether temp staff are employed

im just guessing that they would employ temp staff during the strike, and i know many people that would jump on a temp staff job right now

[quote name='widow123']...and i know many people that would jump on a temp staff job right now[/QUOTE]

i see, but you cannot simply "jump on a temp staff job" when the job is vacant for strikes. i dont think it's legal, that's it (fair or not fair, that's your call thoughj)

[quote name='babaz75']i see, but you cannot simply "jump on a temp staff job" when the job is vacant for strikes. i dont think it's legal, that's it (fair or not fair, that's your call thoughj)[/QUOTE]

sorry im not sure of the legality of strikes so i would not know :/
you are probably correct though
i see what you meen, it would seem harsh if temp staff could be employed
would also defeat the purpose of strikes in general lol

bread's done
Back