Ever Been So Proud To Complete An Achievement...

Chris Dillon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I have been playing uefa champions league a lot since it came out. Love soccer games and never get bored of a game online against a competitive person. Well, the game has a challenge mode that are pretty much the most impossible thing ever. The final challenge that most people haven't beat is scoring 3 goals in 12 minutes with a very bad team. Well, today after months of trying it was completed. I have problaby played this single 12 minute span over 12 hours. I was so proud and thought yes, now lets see how many points. It was only worth 30 but i'm still proud of the fact. So, I know there have been posts like this before but its always nice to get a fresh one every now and then.

Haven't had any good ones yet, but whenever I get Kick The Bucket and the 1000 note streak on GHII I'll feel your enjoyment.

I was so happy when i got 100% notes hit on Strutter(hard) that i took a picture of it and use it as my wallpaper for my cellphone...

yeah its not an official achievement, yeah strutter on hard isnt the hardest song, but w/e i 100% a song on hard and made it into the top 10,000 on leaderboards in a song :)

Nice going, OP. The FIFA challenge mode stuff is damned difficult. I was over half way through the 2006 World Cup global challenge when I started hitting insurmountable walls all over the place. The 500 achievement points weren't worth the frustration. So, yeah, much respect for making it through the UEFA challenges.

when I beat Rainbow Six Vegas on realistic. I swear I was stuck on some parts for the longest time, and I just kept playing and eventually beat them. What made it even more satisfying was I originally tried to beat it on realistic, but due to a glitch where once you leave the game the difficulty got reset to normal I didn't know so I kept playng till I beat the game and didn't get the achievement. I was really pissed, but I sucked it up and did it the other way where you played through the chapters instead, and eventually I got it.

yeah, a few them were bitches to get but I was really happy when I got them.

Contra-- finish on 1 credit (did it on one life several times)
PDZ--finished Dark Agent mode
SF II'--finish the game without losing a round. I actually hated doing this one.

Raised my skills in SC:DA to the highest status (can't even remember the name) for the Mercenary... which got me a cool special outfit. Felt like a complete and total loser later, but a satisfied complete and total loser nonetheless.

[quote name='Weedy649']I was so happy when i got 100% notes hit on Strutter(hard) that i took a picture of it and use it as my wallpaper for my cellphone...

yeah its not an official achievement, yeah strutter on hard isnt the hardest song, but w/e i 100% a song on hard and made it into the top 10,000 on leaderboards in a song :)[/quote]

Actually, Strutter was the first song on hard I got 100% on too. Then on GH:Rocks the 80s, I got 100% on The Warrior on hard on my first try...so by now I will need 100% on expert to feel accomplished.

[quote name='slickkill77']Prolly getting survive 1 million on geometry wars[/QUOTE]
I think of myself as having pretty good hand-eye cordination, but I can't get past about 350,000 points with all my lives. I can't even imagine surving 1 million.

I was pretty happy with getting Seriously... on Gears, but then I realized people could glitch it and I didn't feel as acomplished.

My fav that I have

THP8
Beat a developer
Congratulations, you beat a member of the development team, or someone that already did.

2nd fav

GRAW
Assassin (Multiplayer)
Eliminated an opponent who had the Assassin Achievement

You can't really control wether you get it or not. Thats why I like it.

COD2 Veteran Campaign Achievement…not the hardest thing in the world but it really gave me a sense of completion.

Lately I’ve been working on the Gears of War seriously Achievement but sadly even after going past 10,000 ranked kills it hasn’t unlocked. The worst part is after some googling it turns out no one knows for sure why this happens.

Warzone – 1738
Assassination – 4
Execution – 9080

:cry:

Probably the clear base mode in Lumines....it's certainly not impossible at all but I would get ridiculously close every time and just fall short. It is probably the one I actually kept trying to get the longest...usually if one is a pain I'll just give up. Finally cleared it about a week ago.

I'll eventually get around to finishing CoD2 on Vet. Got about 2 levels left.

The only one that got a pretty good reaction out of me was nailing the 500 note streak on GHII. I had never got a streak over 200, and then today I was playing and got the 500th note on the very last note of a song, I didn't even realize I was close to it, other than the fact I knew I had a pretty good run going.

"Zombie Genocide" on DEAD RISING (AKA slay 52,000+ Zombies in one play through). It took me THREE separate tries and almost 20 hours of play (and around 2 solid weeks of playing) to get it. Yes, I truly love DEAD RISING.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']"Zombie Genocide" on DEAD RISING (AKA slay 52,000+ Zombies in one play through). It took me THREE separate tries and almost 20 hours of play (and around 2 solid weeks of playing) to get it. Yes, I truly love DEAD RISING.[/QUOTE]

I take it you didn't know about the maintenance tunnels?

[quote name='captainfrizo']I take it you didn't know about the maintenance tunnels?[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking.

I'm nearly done on both Veterans on CoD 2/3 so those, but CoD2 on veteran isn't too bad until you hit the fucking American missions and then it's a bitch and a lot of memorization/timing.

My toughest achievements, though, will end being the point ones on CoD3 online such as hitting 8000, 20000, and then the bigger whopper will be once I hit the 40000 mark. I'm halfway to 20000 and have really been hitting up the points since I returned from my trip. I'm hoping to hit 20,000 and then to maybe take a bit of a break from it.

[quote name='Kevlar281']COD2 Veteran Campaign Achievement…not the hardest thing in the world but it really gave me a sense of completion.

Lately I’ve been working on the Gears of War seriously Achievement but sadly even after going past 10,000 ranked kills it hasn’t unlocked. The worst part is after some googling it turns out no one knows for sure why this happens.

Warzone – 1738
Assassination – 4
Execution – 9080

:cry:[/QUOTE]
Whenever the host quits a game or you quit the game it'll count towards your kill count but not towards the achievement, I think I read that somewhere.

The only achievement I've been "proud" of is Saint in Dead Rising. Not because it was overly difficult (once you know the items you need it's fairly easy) but I usually find myself killing survivors on purpose or not really paying too much attention to their where-abouts which often leads to their demise (damn A.I.). Protecting their dumb-asses was often an exercise in frustration, but it did feel kinda good to get the achievement taken care of.

The achievement that I have received which I am most proud of is Survive 1,000,000 in Geometry Wars. I took a 5 month break from the game because I was getting pissed that I couldn't get that achievement and after coming back to it for a few days, I finally unlocked it. :)

Mines kinda stupid and I"m sure it was easy for a lot of people but killing the psychos in the jeep in dead rising and hijacking their vehicle. That one had to be the most satisfying since I finally figured out a safe place to put the people I was saving and had the right weapons to kill the lousy buggers :).

I'm fairly proud of getting the Hero/Ace of Aces achievements in Blazing Angels, I had to do a couple if levels a good few times before I got them.

Probably not the hardest achievements in the world but I felt good when I finally got them.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I take it you didn't know about the maintenance tunnels?[/QUOTE]

I did, but the first time I tried doing it on Day 2, the 2nd time I told myself I wasn't going to "cheat".

It wasn't a very hard to get achievement, but it took forever to accomplish.

This was one from the solitare game on xbla, the achievement was to play a classic solitare game but uncover all 4 aces before searching the deal pile. I've done this a hundred time on window's solitare, but for some reason it took me about 300 games on the xbox. I was happily relived once I accomplished that achievement.

I beat Portal. Then I beat it again with Developer Commentary on. Then I beat the Advance stages twice, because the save system is kind of iffy (wanted those achievements). Then I played through a whole extra time JUST to get the camera-destroying achievement. I actually played through 1 5/6th times for it, because the first time I tried for said achievement, I didn't start from the very beginning, and thus missed 6 cameras.

The value of this pride-worthy achievement? 5 points. :)

[quote name='ViolentLee']I beat Portal. Then I beat it again with Developer Commentary on. Then I beat the Advance stages twice, because the save system is kind of iffy (wanted those achievements). Then I played through a whole extra time JUST to get the camera-destroying achievement. I actually played through 1 5/6th times for it, because the first time I tried for said achievement, I didn't start from the very beginning, and thus missed 6 cameras.

The value of this pride-worthy achievement? 5 points. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, sometimes I do stuff like that and then halfway through getting it, I'm like "is 5 points really worth an hour or two of work?" Then move on.

Contra - Bulletproof. Bringing back NES memories running through the game on only one credit. Was a total bitch but in the end worth it. Now if only I can do the same in Super Contra (came close three times).

TMNT 1989 Arcade Game - Being one of the first few people to get the turtle soup achievement and posting about it on other boards. Someone figured it out before hand but I spread the word of 100% sure way to unlock it. I think I was one of the first 50 to unlock it but not 100% sure.

R6 Vegas realistic: This was a bitch, but luckily my wife co-oped with me through the end. Worth the effort.

Enchanted Arms: Final Boss/game complete - Yeah It's not a real hard game... till you get to the final boss(es) well imagine playing the same scenario for hours, and your gimped due to lack of items. I barely managed to beat the game, but when I did I gave a big screaming afterwards.

Theres a few others that were a bitch. Was really happy to get 1000/1000 in Halo 3 and Viva Pinata, and even the easy games like DW Empires.

I just got my Killing Frenzy achievement on Halo 3. Paired up with Mongoose Mowdown and Better luck next time buddy, it's been a good day.

~HotShotX

[quote name='ViolentLee']

The value of this pride-worthy achievement? 5 points. :)[/quote]

And the joy of catching any of the hilarious dialogue one may have missed on the first handful of playthroughs.

[quote name='OzCatter']The Save One Bullet achievement in Episode 1 was pretty hard, but got it.

Will be pleased when I get the gnone one[/QUOTE]

I actually found the one bullet one quite easy, since the game is so damn short.
The game is structured where you only need to use one bullet anyways.

The hardest achievement in orange box is obviously the gnome one, but the ant lion baby one where you have to find them and kill 300 something is quite lame. I doubt I'll ever have the patience to find them.

Also, saving all the buildings in episode 2 is quite a bitch. I probably had to restart 30 times.

I was really happy when I finally beat guitar hero 2 on expert. I never thought I'd even pass hard but after awhile finally was able to get it done.

[quote name='OzCatter']The Save One Bullet achievement in Episode 1 was pretty hard, but got it.

Will be pleased when I get the gnone one[/QUOTE]

It really wasn't that hard, I got that one too. Unlike the original Half-Life 2 and Episode 2, Episode 1 is largely designed around using the Gravity Gun. The gnome one would be a total pain in the ass and I really doubt I will ever go for that one.

Man this is tough but beating double dragon without using a continue (single player and legit) is one of my proudest completed achievement.

[quote name='pimpinc333']COD2 on Vet.[/quote]

Do you have a video of this? Surely something of this magnitude would have been recorded.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Enchanted Arms: Final Boss/game complete - Yeah It's not a real hard game... till you get to the final boss(es) well imagine playing the same scenario for hours, and your gimped due to lack of items. I barely managed to beat the game, but when I did I gave a big screaming afterwards.[/quote]Hear, hear. I breezed through the game without much trouble and the last battles were brutal. I thought I'd be grinding for hours after a few tries, but I managed to move enough money around to buy SP upgrades and just barely made it through with a equal parts of luck and skill.

Other than that, I'm really only very proud of getting 5 stars on all the GHII songs on expert, legitimately.

[quote name='help1']Do you have a video of this? Surely something of this magnitude would have been recorded.[/quote]

Still no reason to be an ass

[quote name='slickkill77']And your being an ass why?[/quote]
because somebody called him out on why he didn't save a clip of him getting a legit steppin' razor in halo 3.

Which btw, halo 3 has a recording feature, while COD2 does not..so its not the same thing...

[quote name='lordwow']Haha, sometimes I do stuff like that and then halfway through getting it, I'm like "is 5 points really worth an hour or two of work?" Then move on.[/QUOTE]
The nerd cred makes it worth it -- getting at least SOMETHING for it, and having it up on my gamertag for posterity. Unlike Metroid Prime 3, which I beat tonight with 98%. Could've not saved over and gone back to find the last 2 pick-ups, but why bother? That game was pissing me off something fierce, and I only beat it out of sheer spite and determination (not that it was a bad game, mind you). Whereas with Portal, it's A) short, and B) a joy.

bread's done
Back