ever buy a used game from one store that came used from another?

chrishicks

CAGiversary!
sorry if this doesn't belong here but I had no idea where to put it.

so on to the topic. have you ever purchased a used game from one store that came used from another? today I recieved my EBgames.com order from the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal and some of the games where used from Blockbuster. they came complete with the Blockbuster sticker that covers the complete disc plus those stickers on the actual cover art. then there were also the EB stickers as well. has anyone else ever got something like this from a used order before?

by the way, is there any safe way to remove those blockbuster stickers from the disc/coverart? its not a big deal unless its really easy to do.

My copy of Wolfenstein: Tides of War at EB was from GameStop..

I've seen various games at BlockBuster that still had stickers from other stores, like this one copy of MGS2:S had a GameCrazy sticker on it, even though my city doesn't have a GameCrazy.

as for the stickers, Goo Gone might help, but again, it can kill it.

Just bought an Onimusha from my Gamecrazy, and within the booklet came a reciept from Gamestop, from 2 years ago. It was dated Dec. 23 2002, and the guy had spent over 400 dollars on stuff, for X-mas I imagine.

I picked up a Twisted Metal Black from EB last week and it had the blockbuster sticker on it as well. Part of the sticker seemed to be torn off and I tried to peel it but to no avail, so I just traded it back in for 5.75 credit :)

I've found gamestop games at EB, my silent hill 2 from gamestop had a receipt from a gamecrazy that was from the south bay and a bus map was included inside the game.

I was at GameCrazy today and there was a game I was thinking about getting that had BB logo embossed onto the inside of the box.

i go to gamestop and find hollywood video stickers, blockbuster stickers, movie gallery stickers, eb games, and any other store that sells games stickers on them.
On another note, my Rhino video games removes all of those stickers so their games and cases only have a 1/2 inch yellow sticker in the upper right corner of the case.

My favorite was when someone traded in NHL 93 for Sega Genesis with a recipt that showed he paid $79.99 at Toys R US. We have him $0.13 in credit.

The most common thing I see here are Blockbuster stickers on older games from time to time.

The stores here are usually pretty good about removing those, though.

Believe it or not, plain ol' furniture polish works wonders for getting off stickers, especially from delicate paper things. I've sucessfully pulled stickers from cart labels without damage, and even took the price tag off of the cardboard back for a megaman figure.

the trick is to get lemon, not orange (orange doesn't work for some reason), and not to let it soak in too much. peel off as much of the sticker as you safely can by hand, then lay it flat and spray, wait a bit, rub with soft cloth. Repeat. Depending on the sticker, it can take a very long time, but it wil work!

Damn BB stickers on the disc would SUCK! I guess I've been lucky in that I've only had a sticker on one fo the many games I've ordered used from EB (and that sticker was a small yellow EB sticker).

I believe those BB stickers are designed to destroy the disc if removed (at least some of them say that on them I think) so you probably want to be really careful about removing it, or just leave it on.

I see games at Gamestop all the time that have EB stickers on the cases. The copies of Project Gotham Racing, The Getaway and Dead or Alive 3 that I bought all had EB stickers under the Gamestop stickers. Project Gotham Racing still had the receipt stuffed in the instruction booklet where the guy paid $39.99 preowned at EB for it.

Dead or Alive 3 on the other hand, had the EB sticker, but was a ex-rental Blockbuster cause it had BBV and the store number on the disc. But it was a non-platnium hit, so I didn't care unless it didn't work(which it did work fine).

I've seen games at Gamestop that I know were from another used cd/games store because the price stickers that were still on them when they were traded in.

Old price tags on games:

-Last month, I bought a copy of Ikaruga from Gamestop that had half of a GameCrazy price sticker under the GameStop price tag. I'm guessing whoever put the GS price tag on only bothered to remove enough of the GameCrazy price sticker that a GS price sticker would completely cover it.

-A few months ago I bought a copy of Super Mario Sunshine from a CD/Game Exchange for $10. It still had a GameStop price sticker on the top that read that it had been $17.99 used there.

Receipts:

-About a year ago I bought a Viewtiful Joe (GCN) at a CD/Game Exchange that had a GameStop receipt in the case behind the manual from when the game was purchased new for $39.99.

-A few months ago I got a copy of Super Mario. Bros. DX from a CD/Game Exchange that had an EB receipt in the box from when it was purchased new sometime in 2002. The person that bought it had traded in about five PS2 launch/first year titles and also bought a new copy of GTA: Vice City that day.

Misc:

-I have a copy of Super Baseball 2020 (SNES) that has "PROPERTY OF HOLLYWOOD VIDEO" stamped into the plastic on the back of the cart.

bread's done
Back