Ever wonder how many hours a game took? This thread answers! Help keep it updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wlogan31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
The original "How long will this game take" thread was started and updated by nachzeher and props go to him.

I am creating a new post because only about 5 people post in the other one and it seldomly gets updated and I KNOW there are more than 5 CAGs who still PLAY the games they buy :)

This post will contain the times it took for your fellow CAGs to play through a game (including just "beating" a game and actually "completing" a game - sidequests,etc). If you've played through a game, I'd appreciate it if you could give me an estimation of how long it took so that I can add it to the OP.

This post will be updated at least weekly and potentially more if it gains steam. Thanks in advance. All lengths in this list are approximations, so it might take you longer, or it might take you less time to compelte the respective games.

Lastly, if you'd like to post these times in another forum, feel free, but please give credit to CAG. Onto the list!!!

Thanks in advance. The info provided will help me decide on the order I play the game. Trying to finish as many games in my collection as possible.

If you have any requests post in the thread and I'll add it to the OP. All lengths in this list are approximations, so it might take you longer, or it might take you less time to compelte the respective games.

Multiplatform

007 From Russia with Love: 6 (00 Agent Difficulty all but one level unlocked)/?
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance: 12
Beyond Good and Evil: 10/13
Black: 5
Burnout 3: 13/20+
Burnout Revenge: 15/20
Brothers in Arms: 10/?
Call of Duty 2: 10
Dead to Rights: 10
DarkWatch: 6(Easy), 8(Hard)/?
Gun: 6/10
Headhunter: 12/?
I Ninja: 12/17
Just Cause: 6/12
Lego Star Wars: 6/10
Lego Star Wars II: 5/30
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age: 23/?
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon: 10/20
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time: 12
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within: 14
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones: 11
Project Snowblind: 8/?
Psi-Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy: 13/?
Second Sight: 7/?
True Crimes: Streets of LA: 12/15
Time Splitters: Future Perfect: 9/?
Tomb Raider Anniversary: 10
Tomb Raider: Legend: 12
Ultimate Spiderman: 5/?
Viewtiful Joe: 13/?
XIII: 10/?
X-Men Legends: 22/?

Sony

PS1

Arc the Lad: ?/28
Arc the Lad II: 59/?
Arc the Lad III: ?/67
Breath of Fire IV: 30/?
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: 8/12
Chrono Cross: 40/?
Chrono Trigger: 17
Dragon Warrior: 75/140
Final Fantasy I: 45/?
Final Fantasy II: 45/?
Final Fantasy IV: 30/?
Final Fantasy V: 34/?
Final Fantasy VI: 36/75
Final Fantasy VII: 30 - 50/140 (everything Maxed)
Final Fantasy VIII: 50/135 (everything Maxed)
Final Fantasy IX: 30 - 40/125 (everything Maxed)
Final Fantasy Tactics: 50/100 (everything Maxed)
Grandia: 35/70
Koudelka: 13/15
Legend of Dragoon: 40/?
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete: 25/?
Lunar: Eternal Blue: 30/?
Metal Gear Solid: 6/?
Omega Boost: 2/?
Parasite Eve: 13
Parasite Eve II: 16
Rhapsody: 11/?
Suikoden: 25/40
Suikoden II: 50/?
Tales of Destiny: 40/?
Vagrant Story: 25/35
Wild Arms: 40
Wild Arms 2: 55
Xenogears: 35/70

PS2

.hack//G.U. volume 1: 20/35
18-Wheeler: American Pro Trucker: 1/3
Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits: 40/?
Area 51: 10
Amplitude: 7/35
Atelier Iris: 22/45
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2: 12
Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter: 25/40
Bully: 18 (almost 100%)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness: 22 (all Innocent Devils acquired, hidden areas found and optional bosses defeated in Hector's game), 8 hours
for Trevor's game.
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence: 11/?
Champions of Norrath: 13/?
Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms: 10/15
Culdcept: 25/?
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA's Stellar Master Mode:
3 hours to breeze through to unlock all songs
7 hours to get all VIP cards and noteskins (this takes SKILL)
1.5-2 hours to unlock remaining modes and courses for Advanced Mode
Dark Cloud 2: 25/100++
Devil May Cry: 8/?
Devil May Cry 2: 20/?
Digital Devil Saga 1: 40/?
Disgaea: 32 (Just Game), 331 (Maxed Yoshitsuna and 3 SRAs for Laharl)
Disgaea 2: 35/?
Dragon Quest VIII: 80/100+
Dynasty Warriors 4: ?/ 180
Evil Dead: Fist Full of Boomstick: 8/?
Final Fantasy XII: /120
Front Mission 4: 30+/80
Final Fantasy X: 40/90
Final Fantasy X2: 40/?
Final Fantasy XII: 40/70
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai: 5
Giants Citizen Kabuto: 9/?
God of War: 10/?
God of War II: 14/?
Gradius V: 17/17
Grand Theft Auto 3: 50 (60%)/?
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: 25/70
Grand Theft Auto: Sand Andreas: 25/100+
GrimGrimoire: 20/?
Growlanser Generations (II): 15/?
Growlanser Generations (III): 33/?
Guilty Gear X2: ?/50
Guitar Hero: 50-100 (get through ALL difficulties)
Guitar Hero II: 25/++
Guitaroo Man: 10
Gungrave: 4/?
Gungrave Overdose: 5/?
Haunted Mansion: 10/15
Hobbit: 10
Ico: 7
Indigo Prophecy: 8
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: 13/18
Jak II: 20/35
Jak III: 15/30
Katamari Damacy: 8/?
KillZone: 15/?
Kingdom Hearts: 25 - 35/70
Kingdom Hearts II: 33/70
Klonoa 2 Lunateas Veil: 13/?
La Pucelle Tactics: 32/65
Madagascar: 7/10
Makai Kingdom: 25/80
Maximo: 15/?
Maximo vs Army of Zin: 12/?
Max Payne: 10/?
Max Payne 2: 6/?
Metal Gear Solid 2: 8 - 11/?
Metal Gear Solid 3: 15/20
Okami: 40/?
Onimusha: 4/?
Onimusha 2: 6/12
Persona 3: 52 hours - LVL 75, 71 hours (Most of Elizabeth's quests done, main party level 99.)
Phantom Brave: 40/?
Pyschonauts: 15/?
Shark Tale: 16
Suikoden III: 40/50
Radiata Stories: 24/50
Ratchet and Clank: 15/17
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando: 17-20/?
Ratchet and Crank: Up your Arsenal: 12/?
Rogue Galaxy: 35/100+
Rygar: 7/?
Shadow Hearts: 25/35
Shadow Hearts: Covenant: 40-50/65-70
Shadow Hearts: From the New World: 30/50
Shadow of the Colossus: 8/?
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: 16/?
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga: 40/80-90
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne: 50/80
Sly Cooper: 9
Stella Deus: 40/?
Suikoden III: 70/?
Suikoden IV: 30/?
Tales of Legendia: 40/67
Valkyrie Profile 2: Sylmeria: 30/45
We

DS:
Kirby Squeak Squad: 8 hours (?)

Wii:
Super Paper Mario: 21 hours (very few sidequests)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: 40 hours (very few sidequests)
Sonic & the Secret Rings: ~7 hours (very little extra unlocking done, but enough to get the real ending)

Xbox:
Halo: 9 (?)

Ico can be beat in about 5 hours.
no idea how it could take 10.

there are more times listed in the previous thread.
a while ago i went through and posted all the times that had been listed but not put in the OP into a single post and asked the op to cut and paste it, he never did.
lost planet

[quote name='paz9x']Ico can be beat in about 5 hours.
no idea how it could take 10.

there are more times listed in the previous thread.
a while ago i went through and posted all the times that had been listed but not put in the OP into a single post and asked the op to cut and paste it, he never did.
lost planet[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up - I'm going to try to work my way through all of the posts in the old thread throughout the day so I'll be on the lookout for that post. I'll update the ICO time to 7 just in case some aren't as fast as you :)

Here are some (all of these are just to finish the game unless noted):

Wii:
WarioWare Smooth Movies - 2 hours to finish, 5 hours to unlock everything
LoZ: Twilight Princess - 38 hours

DS:
Elite Beat Agents - 5 hours

Here are a few of my old ones I can remember offhand, if it helps any:

PS2:
Disgaea: 32 (Just Game), 331 (Maxed Yoshitsuna and 3 SRAs for Laharl)
Ratchet and Clank: 17 (Maxed Game)
Jak and Daxter: 15 Hours (Maxed Game)

PS1:
Final Fantasy 7: 140 (Maxed Game)
Final Fantasy 8: 135 (Maxed Game)
Final Fantasy 9: 125 (Maxed Game)
Final Fantasy Tactics: 40 (Cleared Game), 100 ("Maxed" Game)
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete: 38 (Cleared Game)
Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete: 40 (Cleared Game)
Omega Boost: 2 Hours (Cleared Game)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: 12 Hours (Maxed Game)

Sorry about some of those maxed games. In some of those cases I didn't go ahead and beat it until it was mastered because I'm sick in the head.

Xbox 360

Call of Duty 2: 18 hours on Veteran (unlocks all achievements).

Condemned: 6-8 hours depending how much running around you do.
To get all the achievements I would say about 12-14 hours.

Kameo: 8-10 single player (600 achievement points).
To get all the achievements you'll need to put in some time.

Without skipping animations (and I know this aint totally a game, but the box says so):

PSP

MGS Digital Graphic Novel:
- Just going through story = 2 to 3 hrs
- Going through story and getting all items/memory/data = 5 to 6 hrs

Fable
The full time for Fable is 35 hours. Maxed out character stats and all side quests completed (and I owned about half of the towns).

king kong 6-8hrs.
cod2 hardened diff 10 hrs.
crackdown maxd stats 10-12 hrs.

wlogan - the finish time should be for graw 2

New SMB doesn't take 14 hours, it only takes 8.

Also:

1.5-2 hours to unlock remaining modes and courses for Advanced Mode

I'll have to load up a few DS games to see how long they took (can get times for FF III and Yoshi's Island). However, my times will tend to be twice what you people are posting. Seriously, 8 hours for NSMB?? I'll have to look but I squeaked through to the end and it took me MUCH longer (I unlocked all the worlds but not every path by any means). I think I would err towards the longer times if I was making the list - keep those "pro" gamer times out of it :lol:.

I'm completing Rogue Galaxy right now so I can give some good estimates for that pretty soon (at 80 hours right now and I'm just beginning to finish up some of the sidequests but haven't even gotten to the Ghost ship yet). But I'd say you could complete the main game without sidequests in 50 hours easily.

At least the list has 100+ for DQVIII for doing everything. I think I hit 120 on that one ;).

But since I'll be getting a 360 soon (and have several games for it already) it is interesting to see how long some of these take. I guess I tend to play longer games (RPG's mostly) so I'm shocked that ANY game takes under 10 hours. Actually, the short times on some of these might spur me to play them next after Rogue Galaxy. Hell, I could knock out 8-10 of these shorter games in the time I spent on RG. That could put a (minor) dent in my backlog!

Tales of Phantasia should be in the GBA list, not PS2 (sorry, didn't specify platform there).

I'll have to load up a saved file to be sure, but I think maxing out Tales of Symphonia for Cube took somewhere in the vicinity of 65 hours.

[quote name='Nohbdy']
1.5-2 hours to unlock remaining modes and courses for Advanced Mode[/quote]

Sorry, system?

Out of the list you gave, here's the ones that I took a lot less time with...

FFVII: 30 hrs
FFIX: 30
Xenogears: 35

Kingdom Hearts: 25
Metal Gear Solid 2: 8
Xenosaga: 30
Xenosaga 2: 17

Phoenix Wright: 8

[quote name='alongx']Phoenix Wright: 8[/quote]Did you use a guide for this? Like for everything?

I think it would take longer than 8 hours to read all the text in that game let alone get it all puzzles figured out. It's a 15 hour game bare minimum. 20 is more likely.

[quote name='daroga']Did you use a guide for this? Like for everything?

I think it would take longer than 8 hours to read all the text in that game let alone get it all puzzles figured out. It's a 15 hour game bare minimum. 20 is more likely.[/quote]The last case took me at least 8 hours by itself.

[quote name='botticus']Tales of Phantasia should be in the GBA list, not PS2 (sorry, didn't specify platform there).

I'll have to load up a saved file to be sure, but I think maxing out Tales of Symphonia for Cube took somewhere in the vicinity of 65 hours.[/QUOTE]
Tos took me 67 i think. stellar game.

:360: Need For Speed: Carbon - I cant remember exactly but I think it was around 6 hours.

:360: Open Season - 3 to 4 hours (All Achievements)

:360: Xmen: The Official Game - 6 to 8 hours (All Achievements)

:360: Viva Pinata - This game can last a long time or a short time depending on what you do, the game doesnt really end. I think it took 12 to 14 hours to get every achievement besides the 50 hours played one. But you seem to lose track of time while you play this game so it doesnt seem that long :p

Sega Saturn:
Shining Force III took around 55 hrs.

PS2:
Castlevania Curse of Darkness took around 22 hrs to complete with all Innocent Devils acquired, hidden areas found and optional bosses defeated in Hector's game.
Trevor's game took 8 hours.

Gamecube:
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance took approx. 56 hours to complete on first playthrough on Normal difficulty.

Project Gotham Racing 3: 9 hours (single player only) [Xbox 360]
Gun: 7 hours (main story) [Xbox 360]

DDR Supernova is indeed PS2-only. Another note, as far as platforms go, is that Grandia II also had PS2 and PC versions, and I don't believe there were any major differences in these versions that would affect gameplay. If that's the case, then it'd be better served in Multi-platform. Also, my time for just beating it (Dreamcast version) was about 40 hours. Grandia II was one of those games for me where just filling out the story was usually enough to be at high enough level, so I can't imagine maxing it out would have taken much longer. 40/45 sounds right to me.

OK, pulled out a few "retired" carts for the following info:

:ds:
Contact: 27 hours (spent some time on levelling skills, but nowhere near the highest levels)
Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime: 25 hours (100 slimes saved)
Final Fantasy III: 32 hours
Magical Starsign: 26 hours

I'm detecting a trend here, and it isn't something I really noticed until now. All of these DS RPG-like games clock in at 20-30 hours, which is just about perfect, I think, for a DS game. Whereas I'm spending 40-120 hours on PS2 RPG's. After I finish Rogue Galaxy (90 hours and counting now) I may go back and knock out a few more DS games...

A couple that I couldn't find timing info for: Super Princess Peach and Mario vs DK 2. Does anyone know if there is a way of extracting game time from these titles? Since I'm 100% on both I thought they'd be good times to post. But I played them both a while ago and have no idea how much time I spent (though both were on the short side).

Oblivion, full game and many sidequests + 50/50 achievements - 90 hours

I just beat Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga for GBA in a little under 20 hours and I did a few little timewasters (and no guide). So the lower limit for that can probably be dropped.

And bump

based on my time with Pokemon Diamond / Pearl it would take a person roughly 30-50 hours to beat the elite four, depending on what starter was chosen / which PKMN you've picked up and trained.

[quote name='Rozz']It would be nice if the OP would update this list.[/quote]

Sorry - had a bad dose of the real world that last 1-2 weeks...its done now!

[quote name='-Never4ever-']based on my time with Pokemon Diamond / Pearl it would take a person roughly 30-50 hours to beat the elite four, depending on what starter was chosen / which PKMN you've picked up and trained.[/quote]

As I've never played a pokemon game I'm not sure how to post this in the OP. Can you give me some guidance?

[quote name='Wlogan31']As I've never played a pokemon game I'm not sure how to post this in the OP. Can you give me some guidance?[/quote]
I gotta say his number is wrong. It took me 24 hours and 24 mins to beat the elite four and i have been told by many (on the internet atleast) that this time is average. On top of that there is a lot more content after the elite four as there is a battle park and a few new legendary pokemon to capture.

I would also like to add Ultimate Spiderman for the DS which took me 9 hours to beat the game but i am sure someone better at thoes types of games could have done it in 7.

My times for some recent completions:

Bully (PS2) -- nearly 100% complete at 18 hours
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) -- good ending at 18 hours
Chocobo Tales (DS) -- nearly 100% complete at 21 hours, can be much less if you want less than 100%
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3) -- don't know for sure, but I estimate 15-20 hours depending on the difficulty level

Thanks OP!

[quote name='abhinav']I gotta say his number is wrong. It took me 24 hours and 24 mins to beat the elite four and i have been told by many (on the internet atleast) that this time is average. On top of that there is a lot more content after the elite four as there is a battle park and a few new legendary pokemon to capture.

I would also like to add Ultimate Spiderman for the DS which took me 9 hours to beat the game but i am sure someone better at thoes types of games could have done it in 7.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I used an average of times. My time for beating the elite 4 was 40:53. I never once used a guide, got stuck in a few places, and level grinded a bit everytime i got a new addition to my permanent team. Meanwhile, a Friend of mine sped his way through the game with the guide and beat the elite 4 in just under 30:00 (I think it was actually something like 28:XX). Likewise, another two friends beat them in around 35:00, again using guides. To top it all off, I know of at least one person who took over 48:00 to beat them and yet another poor soul who's still trying to make his way to the elite four, even after 52:00 of playtime~!

I gotta say though, at 24:24, you are a PokePRO. And you are correct in that Beating the elite 4 is just the beginning of the end. Truly maxing out the game would probably take roughly 70-200 hrs, depending on skill level and whether you have a guideor not.

So, I still stand by my 30-50 hrs to just "complete" the game, but I would add 70-200 for maxing it out.

Valkyrie Profile 2 for PS2...30 hours the first time without any real side quests. Took me 40 hours the next time through to get to the end and play through the optional dungeon 10 times for the Angel Slayer sword (the final accomplishment in the game).

FFXII took me 120 to get the Wyrmhero Blade...that includes 30-40 farming loot for like 3 pieces of equipment (damn you, Tournesol!), and another 7 fighting Yiazmat...so it could've been a lot shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back