Every day here is April Fools' Day

A wonderful customer called in to complain about charges from what used to be area calling.

"Ma'am, you're a Sprint long distance customer."

"Yeah, but I have you for area calling."

"We don't offer area calling and never had. You're a Sprint customer."

"I haven't been a Sprint customer in years."

"OK. On page 3 of your bill under long distance provider, what name does it say?"

"Sprint."

"Good. That means you're a Sprint customer. Would you like their support number?"

"No, I want

I still liked it when I told a guy to click the right mouse button, and he promptly told me that he only had one mouse.

should have told them to grab a paper and pen. Have them write their name, an equal sign, and then Sprint Customer.... then give them a few minutes on hold. come back say, in 2 minutes and just tell them the Support number.

Customers who can't tell right from left are awesome. As long as you give them the exact opposite direction to go, they never fail to go the left way.

I worked Satalite tech support back in the day (the large C-band dishes) and Had a woman call in cause there was a green mootee on her screen. I asked her to spell that. M-U-T-E. I told her to press the mootee button on her remote.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Why am I on the front page? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I think you should make a CAG blog entry about it like everybody else.

EDIT: I saw the tag "fatherofcaitlynisadouchebag". I thought, "How is that news?"

A couple of weeks ago it took about 5 minutes to help some woman who works at a client of ours locate the address bar on their browser.

Eventually I sent her a screenshot. With arrows pointing.

For people who call tech support, how do you expect somebody like me to fix your problems when you're not at home?

I can understand if your phone is off and you have to call from another location, but what about the internet?

General question: When calling an ISP for repairs to an internet connection, does anybody here feel compelled to call when tech support have no chance of helping you?

bread's done
Back