Every MSP Giveaway Thread Turns Into Cheater Central...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyHealthy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The latest scam. How much longer is this going to be allowed?

ANY time there is a giveaway, the thread is soon filled with dozens of people bragging about how much they stole from a promotion, how clever they are for using e-mail/form tricks, and how everyone else should lower their standards and join in on the corruption.

It's even got to the point where Coca-Cola monitors CAG threads on their promotions, because people brag so freely, they give them all the details!

I know most moderation is hands off (unless it's fixing a referral link), but this is absolutely ludicrous. Honest players get tired of seeing cheaters celebrate.

So you're saying if you see a $100 bill on the floor and no one around you would not pick it up and keep? It's a contest, people enter and win/lose. It doesn't matter how they did it. Yes I think it might be unfair to other contestants but on the other hand since when life is fair? And it not like the method to do this was kept secret from everyone on the forum. I understand you might have feel cheated because you missed out on chances like that but if you think about it. Other people got it because they spent enough time on the forum and collect intels. Some even gave back alot of free stuffs they got from what you so called "Cheated" the contest too. I don't see people complain when they get shit for doing nothing.

Training%20pg%20crying.jpg

I went to that link and I read that the people running the contest fixed the exploit, but if they hadnt done that, then by posting this, you would have alerted even more people to the contest, and also told them that there was a way they could exploit it. Kinda counterproductive to your cause, don't ya think.

[quote name='MightyHealthy']The latest scam. How much longer is this going to be allowed?

ANY time there is a giveaway, the thread is soon filled with dozens of people bragging about how much they stole from a promotion, how clever they are for using e-mail/form tricks, and how everyone else should lower their standards and join in on the corruption.

It's even got to the point where Coca-Cola monitors CAG threads on their promotions, because people brag so freely, they give them all the details!

I know most moderation is hands off (unless it's fixing a referral link), but this is absolutely ludicrous. Honest players get tired of seeing cheaters celebrate.[/quote]

QQ. Your just mad you aren't creative enough to think of various ways to abuse things, or you yourself are too slow.

Just because you feel some sort of false sense of moral backbone, that doesn't mean you have the right to press it on the rest of us. Nothing illegal is done, move along, these are not the droids you are looking for.

I'm just gonna drop my two cents and walk away...

I agree.

Sharing Amazon Prime memberships violates the ToS of Amazon Prime so threads "matchmaking" people to share Amazon Prime memberships aren't allowed.
Piracy is illegal and threads/posts about how to acquire pirated music/movies/etc aren't allowed.
Revealing you have a game before street date (regardless of how you got it) isn't allowed.
Talking about buying a game at store X for $X.XX and returning it without a receipt at store Y for $XX.XX isn't allowed.

Then why is it okay for people to brag and share about ways to take advantage of/exploit contests/surveys/etc. Most, if not all, have entry guidelines in their ToS that say "Only X amount of entries per person" or whatever. Talking about how to bypass the guidelines in their ToS shouldn't be allowed either.

Will people cheat the system... no doubt, but there's no reason why we should allow them to publicly share exploits and brag about it.

It's like people think like this;
"Okay... Cheapy makes a lot of money from Amazon so it's understandable that he "wants to keep them happy" by enforcing their policys."
"Okay... Piracy is a BIG NO NO and having CAG thought of as a Piracy site would be really bad, so that's understandable."
"Okay... Eight times out of ten someone with a game before street maybe pirated it, so we can't allow that."
"Okay... Return fraud is illegal and no one wants CAG to be associated with illegal things."
"Cheapy doesn't make money from the people that run contest and the odds of there being any legal repercussion from exploiting a contest/survey is slim to none so then it's a free for all!"

[quote name='georox']QQ. Your just mad you aren't creative enough to think of various ways to abuse things, or you yourself are too slow.

Just because you feel some sort of false sense of moral backbone, that doesn't mean you have the right to press it on the rest of us. Nothing illegal is done, move along, these are not the droids you are looking for.[/quote]

How does one person not wanting to cheat a contest mean he didn't think of it first? Just because you think better than to cheat a flawed system, doesn't mean you don't know how, only that you don't want to.

People are getting quite upset though you didn't mention anyone specific OP, I think you hit a nerve. I don't see why people just have to take advantage of flawed systems myself, guess it makes them feel better about not being a winner day to day.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']I don't see why people just have to take advantage of flawed systems myself, guess it makes them feel better about not being a winner day to day.[/quote]

Now it's boiling down to even more personal attacks. This thread moves fast :D

Why? We are all cheapasses. Why do people abuse sales that they know aren't right? Why do people attempt to stack coupons that shouldn't? Etc. Etc. Lots of stuff in the game area is abusive, hell, I would say the flipping stuff is flat-out abusive, but nobody will shoot it down due to the backlash. People abuse this shit for the profit. I abused PepsiStuff because it was free shit, and I like free shit.

I appreciate the responses, good and bad. The personal attacks were expected - some folks express their guilt in odd ways.

[quote name='mguiddy']I'm just gonna drop my two cents and walk away...

I agree.

Sharing Amazon Prime memberships violates the ToS of Amazon Prime so threads "matchmaking" people to share Amazon Prime memberships aren't allowed.
Piracy is illegal and threads/posts about how to acquire pirated music/movies/etc aren't allowed.
Revealing you have a game before street date (regardless of how you got it) isn't allowed.
Talking about buying a game at store X for $X.XX and returning it without a receipt at store Y for $XX.XX isn't allowed.

Then why is it okay for people to brag and share about ways to take advantage of/exploit contests/surveys/etc. Most, if not all, have entry guidelines in their ToS that say "Only X amount of entries per person" or whatever. Talking about how to bypass the guidelines in their ToS shouldn't be allowed either.

Will people cheat the system... no doubt, but there's no reason why we should allow them to publicly share exploits and brag about it.

It's like people think like this;
"Okay... Cheapy makes a lot of money from Amazon so it's understandable that he "wants to keep them happy" by enforcing their policys."
"Okay... Piracy is a BIG NO NO and having CAG thought of as a Piracy site would be really bad, so that's understandable."
"Okay... Eight times out of ten someone with a game before street maybe pirated it, so we can't allow that."
"Okay... Return fraud is illegal and no one wants CAG to be associated with illegal things."
"Cheapy doesn't make money from the people that run contest and the odds of there being any legal repercussion from exploiting a contest/survey is slim to none so then it's a free for all!"[/quote]Thanks for reaffirming my faith in this forum. Not afraid to call it as eloquently as they see it :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back