Every single Valve game on Steam including L4D - $99.

Exedor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Left4Dead is now included in the valve complete pack.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1134/

Every Valve game including L4D for $99 - Way Instain!

Games included:
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Deathmatch Classic
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Left 4 Dead
Peggle Extreme
Portal
Ricochet
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress Classic

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Exodus.Lang']If I didn't already have almost every other game on there, I'd be all over this :)[/QUOTE]

This

To anyone who has never played a valve game, buy this. I'm not even kidding when I say all of these games (every single one save maybe some of the HL1 expansions) are in my top 25 games ever, and every orange box is in my top 10. Buy it now if you don't own OB/L4D already.

that's totally rad! if i liked playing games on my pc... or if i liked steam... or...
but it is a good deal. ;) just not for me.

you can find most of these games in bargin bins everwhere. this is not worth it by a long shot. btw most of the games were weak anyway. even l4dead will be $20 very soon after launh. watch
Valve needs to stop hiring marketers to post of forums. we are not falling for it.

[quote name='mr rico college']you can find most of these games in bargin bins everwhere. this is not worth it by a long shot. btw most of the games were weak anyway. even l4dead will be $20 very soon after launh. watch
Valve needs to stop hiring marketers to post of forums. we are not falling for it.[/quote]

Are you kidding me? I'm a Valve marketer? I've been here for years dude.

And as far as not being worth it. Look at the posts above you. You're the only one saying that. What, do you work for Microsoft games division?

These are some of the best games ever made and for people who were gonna buy L4D anyway this deal is insane.

[quote name='mr rico college']you can find most of these games in bargin bins everwhere. this is not worth it by a long shot. btw most of the games were weak anyway. even l4dead will be $20 very soon after launh. watch
Valve needs to stop hiring marketers to post of forums. we are not falling for it.[/quote]

you are an idiot... most of those games(if you actually took the time to look) are listed at as low as $9.99 and even $4.99 anyways, so it's like "going to the bargain bin everywhere"

If you did the math(which is pretty simple by just looking at it) the first 8 titles alone add up to $90 or so. So yeah, I mean, if you don't really want every game this is a pointless offer.

If you would like to get your hands on all this, there is NO deal out there that could possible match this.

[quote name='cmart05']If you would like to get your hands on all this, there is NO deal out there that could possible match this.[/quote]

QFT

There's like over 20 games there, even if you found them all for 5 bucks a piece which I'll admit with some of them it's possible. You'd still come out even. I'd say this is mostly a great deal for anyone without most of those that want to buy L4D.

[quote name='Exedor']Are you kidding me? I'm a Valve marketer? I've been here for years dude.

And as far as not being worth it. Look at the posts above you. You're the only one saying that. What, do you work for Microsoft games division?

These are some of the best games ever made and for people who were gonna buy L4D anyway this deal is insane.[/quote]The thread title was insane if you wanted to figure out what you were trying to post about, so I fixed that, plus added the list of games included in the bundle. Makes a lot more sense now.

Lawl at the guy saying this is a crappy deal. Most of the discounted prices are already below "bargain bin", and most likely used copies have had their keys used so you can't register them with Steam. Enjoy lugging all those discs with you and playing on a non-existing online network.

Guess it's a matter of convenience vs. frugality, but convenience greatly outweighs frugality in this case. Good deal.

Valve needs to stop hiring marketers to post of forums. we are not falling for it.[/quote]Just when you thought the Internet couldn't possibly get even more stupid...

I can't believe this dolt stopped playing Pokemon and Barbie's Horse Fantasy Adventure long enough to post that

Valve needs to stop hiring marketers to post of forums. we are not falling for it.[/QUOTE]

You are dumb. Also, you are an ass.

[quote name='shrike4242']The thread title was insane if you wanted to figure out what you were trying to post about, so I fixed that, plus added the list of games included in the bundle. Makes a lot more sense now.[/quote]

Valve needs to stop hiring marketers to post of forums. we are not falling for it.[/QUOTE]

You have horrible opinions and you should feel bad.

These are universally hailed as some of the best PC games ever made.

[quote name='cmart05']you are an idiot... most of those games(if you actually took the time to look) are listed at as low as $9.99 and even $4.99 anyways, so it's like "going to the bargain bin everywhere"

If you did the math(which is pretty simple by just looking at it) the first 8 titles alone add up to $90 or so. So yeah, I mean, if you don't really want every game this is a pointless offer.

If you would like to get your hands on all this, there is NO deal out there that could possible match this.[/QUOTE]

Go back under your bridge troll.

[quote name='nmarchan']You have horrible opinions and you should feel bad.[/quote]

lol, that was really funny.

I wish I was into PC gaming, or I wish this was for the 360.

I saw this deal too after playing the Left 4 Dead demo -- but I already have most of those games on there, since I bought the pack (when CS:S first came out) for $69.99. For $30 extra and all the games on there (incl. TF2 and L4D), that's not too bad at all.

I think very, very few people are going to go for this. If you like Half-Life, you already have it at this point. Even after L4D, I don't know if there's anyone who wants and doesn't have $50 worth of these.

Does anyone know if this is a limited-time thing or if it's permanent?

I'm looking to get a new PC very shortly, so I'd be interested in picking this up when I get it, even though I already have all of the HL1 stuff.

Not sure if its such a good deal

L4D can be had for $40, Orange box for $20. So for $60 bucks you can get the meat of what that offers. CSS and DODS are sorta fun but are certainly aged and havent had a meaningful content update in years. They arent a justification of the additional $40 in my opinion. As far as the origonal HL games, who hasnt played them yet? I think you can still find the HL platinum bundle if you really wanted the older stuff for quite cheap if you look hard enough. Again i wouldnt call the addition of 8-10 year old games justification for the added money. Especially since most of those games were given free [DOD/CS was free with HL : HL and its addons were given free with HL2 along with CSS and HL Source and Lost Coast was a free Tech demo for HDR]. L4D and the Orange box are the only 2 really good titles for the cash in that list and they arent $100.

Also keep in mind that if/when Valve releases HL3 there is an excellent chance they'll simply throw in all the previous titles for free anyway. My logic in that point is if you've managed to go a decade without playing the older titles you probably arent going to care waiting some more as opposed to shelling out an additional $40 right this second for em.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='qwerty1']Not sure if its such a good deal

L4D can be had for $40, Orange box for $20. So for $60 bucks you can get the meat of what that offers. CSS and DODS are sorta fun but are certainly aged and havent had a meaningful content update in years. They arent a justification of the additional $40 in my opinion. As far as the origonal HL games, who hasnt played them yet? I think you can still find the HL platinum bundle if you really wanted the older stuff for quite cheap if you look hard enough. Again i wouldnt call the addition of 8-10 year old games justification for the added money. Especially since most of those games were given free [DOD/CS was free with HL : HL and its addons were given free with HL2 along with CSS and HL Source and Lost Coast was a free Tech demo for HDR]. L4D and the Orange box are the only 2 really good titles for the cash in that list and they arent $100.

Also keep in mind that if/when Valve releases HL3 there is an excellent chance they'll simply throw in all the previous titles for free anyway. My logic in that point is if you've managed to go a decade without playing the older titles you probably arent going to care waiting some more as opposed to shelling out an additional $40 right this second for em.[/quote]

Yeah, it's definitely not a 'good good deal' but it's not bad for what it offers. Definitely better to get just what you want... but if the whole pack is together in one place, it's not cheaper or not that much more expensive than buying them seperately.

$20 for CS:S (includes DOD:S and HL2: DM in the box version), Orange Box (HL2, Episode One and Two, Portal, TF2) for $30 not on sale, L4D for $40 (on sale, otherwise it's $50 MSRP) = so that's about $90-$100 anyway. I think there are still people out there willing to buy CS:S with DOD:S until Call of Duty 4 & Call of Duty 5 get cheaper... so yeah.

So this is decent for what you get since you also get the jewel of this bundle: Peggle EXTREME! jp.

Seems like a decent enough deal if you don't have any of these. Also Exedor has what appears to be an epic 1.0 wood elf druid as his avatar. That means it can't be all that bad. Need port to NK PST.

[quote name='zakai']Yeah, it's definitely not a 'good good deal' but it's not bad for what it offers. Definitely better to get just what you want... but if the whole pack is together in one place, it's not cheaper or not that much more expensive than buying them seperately.

$20 for CS:S (includes DOD:S and HL2: DM in the box version), Orange Box (HL2, Episode One and Two, Portal, TF2) for $30 not on sale, L4D for $40 (on sale, otherwise it's $50 MSRP) = so that's about $90-$100 anyway. I think there are still people out there willing to buy CS:S with DOD:S until Call of Duty 4 & Call of Duty 5 get cheaper... so yeah.

So this is decent for what you get since you also get the jewel of this bundle: Peggle EXTREME! jp.[/quote]

Orange Box can be found easily at $19.99 and L4D is currently available at just about everywhere for, at most, $45 as well as on Amazon for $40. I just dont see the value here. Its certainly convenient but not what i would call "a deal" especially considering that half of the actual list or more will probably never be played. It looks impressive, but isnt. What actually is notable in that list sould be bought seperately for cheaper by anyone who values money.

Dont forget the Steam holiday sale. Last year it was up to 50% off most of their store, i'd expect a return of this. All the more reason to hold off.

if you have ocd tendencies, and have ever described yourself as a collector, it would drive you mad not having the entire collection

i jumped on this when orange box came out, got the entire collection for 100

and now i wish i would have waited

o well, hopefully L4D will drop fast like most people expect

bread's done
Back