Everybody Votes - New Channel for download

[quote name='lilboo']Anyone find it weird that they posted a question about..::yawn:: American Idol?[/quote]
Close. I thought it was stupid and I hope that we don't get questions about the latest Britney Spears scandals.

[quote name='Metal Boss']i downloaded this channel for awhile but never used it so i deleted it, pretty useless IMO.[/quote]

I'm with you there. It only takes up valuable space that can be used for VC games.

[quote name='lilboo']Anyone find it weird that they posted a question about..::yawn:: American Idol?[/quote]
Could it be the first user submitted question?
I find American Idol stupid and don't watch it, but I decided to vote and predict female since I know the last person who won was a guy (my local Fox station's news program was able to get an interview with him, and they used a clip from that interview in nearly every commerical break during all of their shows for a long time :roll:).

[quote name='Kaijufan']Could it be the first user submitted question?
I find American Idol stupid and don't watch it, but I decided to vote and predict female since I know the last person who won was a guy (my local Fox station's news program was able to get an interview with him, and they used a clip from that interview in nearly every commerical break during all of their shows for a long time :roll:).[/quote]

Excuses, excuses...You love American Idol, why else would you know anything about it?

;) Just joshin' ya.

I once downloaded the channel and thought well this channel is pointless, after hearing it on the hotspot I re try it and am actually enjoying it. I like predicting and I am like 5-0 or something. I haven't been wrong yet because the questions are really easy.

It's funny -- at first I thought that we Canadians would just get the same questions as you Americans, but no American Idol question blighted my screen. Did the soccer vs. basketball question not show up stateside? That bastard ended up costing me my perfect record... I was sure more Canadians watched basketball than watched soccer, but apparently, we're more European than I thought -- except in Newfoundland, where I guess the people watch hoops when they're not fishing.

Stupid basketball.

Yes we got the soccer vs basketball (or maybe it was baseball, I can't really remember what the other sport was) question here in the US.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Yes we got the soccer vs basketball (or maybe it was baseball, I can't really remember what the other sport was) question here in the US.[/quote]

No, it was definitely Soccer or Basketball.

Gah! Cold beat Hot 55/45, closest one I've seen yet, that's my second miss. Unsurprisingly, the upper midwest went with hot (or was split) as I did.

[quote name='botticus']Gah! Cold beat Hot 55/45, closest one I've seen yet, that's my second miss. Unsurprisingly, the upper midwest went with hot (or was split) as I did.[/quote]
My prediction was correct!

I also missed the Hot and cold one, but I did guess correctly with my state.
I submitted the question "Do you prefer small dogs or large dogs?" I figure that's more in line with the type of questions they use for Everyone Votes then my previous Nintendo related question.

I missed the chef or scientist question. With culinary arts being my career, of course I had to go with chef. My record is now 11-3

Man, this thread is a classic Nintendo moment. Seeing everyone go from "wtf this is useless" to "oh man, i pwned that prediction."

[quote name='MarioColbert']Man, this thread is a classic Nintendo moment. Seeing everyone go from "wtf this is useless" to "oh man, i pwned that prediction."[/QUOTE]

No you didn't.

BITCH, PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE ALL AVERAGE HEIGHT.

YOU GOT THAT SHIT WRONG.

Oh yeah I think I made you vote on some other shnizz too.

Like the ball of putty you is in my large, manliest-of-manly hands.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Man, this thread is a classic Nintendo moment. Seeing everyone go from "wtf this is useless" to "oh man, i pwned that prediction."[/quote]

Yeah, no kidding... I thought it was a nifty feature from the beginning. ;)

I admit the feature is more interesting than I originally expected.

But I still check it only once every week or two and if I ever get tight on memory space it will be the first thing deleted.

Definitely more useless than the weather or news channels, but I check the Everybody Votes Channel way more often than either of those. I'm surprised at how much I've come to like this thing.

It looks like they changed the colors from red/blue to purple/green. Everything else looked absolutely fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not my TV.

Also, the current worldwide poll is funny. "Are you currently viewing this on a Widescreen TV?" Looks like Nintendo is doing some market research...

cool channel, great idea nintendo :)

how often do they update the questions?

[quote name='Apossum']cool channel, great idea nintendo :)

how often do they update the questions?[/quote]
They have 3 regional questions at a time, which according to Wikipedia are updated every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. They also have a worldwide question, they usually have 2 of those every month.

[quote name='evilmax17']It looks like they changed the colors from red/blue to purple/green. Everything else looked absolutely fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not my TV.

Also, the current worldwide poll is funny. "Are you currently viewing this on a Widescreen TV?" Looks like Nintendo is doing some market research...[/QUOTE]

I could absolutely swear it's always been purple/green.

[quote name='Strell']I could absolutely swear it's always been purple/green.[/quote]Yep, it's always been purple/green for me, ever since the channel was released.

[quote name='Strell']I could absolutely swear it's always been purple/green.[/quote]
How very odd...looking back at the OP, you're right.

I've used the EV channel about once a month since it came out, I wonder why the color scheme looked so absolutely foreign to me when I booted it today.

That's disconcerting...hrm.

The pyramids?! why?! you go there, look at them for 5 minutes, sweat your balls off, then get attacked by terrorists. The great wall is where its at.

I think maybe people just think of the Great Wall as really, really long (which it is) and they don't want to have to walk.

Still, from a tourism standpoint, I'd feel much safer in China right now than I would in the Middle East....as long as I wasn't importing food, pharmaceuticals, toys, or pet products. ;)

[quote name='yukine']Purple/Green? I wonder if the color settings on my TV are off because it's always looked Pink/Green to me.[/quote]

I've always seen it as pink/green also.

Quick! Someone submit a question that says "Do you see the answers as Pink and Green or Purple and Green?"

Maybe even...a nice shade of mauve?

Another vote for pink/green. It has always been this way for me.

For those of you with purple/green, do you have any female Mii voters added to Everyone Votes? I have my wife's Mii and my Mii. Maybe if all the Miis are male, it is purple/green and if there are females it is pink/green?

It's pink for me, but a very saturated pink, bordering on purple. So I don't think we have different colors so much as differently calibrated TVs and simply different opinions on the shade.

I'm sure this has been submitted a million times, and maybe there has already been a poll, but I submitted "do you have an inny or outy bellybutton"

I could never tell what the other color was (the non-Green one).

Of course, I have a color deficiency, so it's understandable that I wouldn't know what the hell color it is. ;)

Kind of random, but does anyone know if the Internet Channel costs money now? I have it downloaded so I cant tell. I thought it was supposed to cost money after July.

[quote name='moe11888']Kind of random, but does anyone know if the Internet Channel costs money now? I have it downloaded so I cant tell. I thought it was supposed to cost money after July.[/quote]

I thought that was just the Internet Channel.

[quote name='moe11888']Kind of random, but does anyone know if the Internet Channel costs money now? I have it downloaded so I cant tell. I thought it was supposed to cost money after July.[/quote]

Wrong thread, and this information is readily available all over the Internet, but one more time: the Internet Channel was free to download at first. Now it costs $5 (you can find it under WiiWare) to download, but is free to use after that.

[quote name='Tybee']I think maybe people just think of the Great Wall as really, really long (which it is) and they don't want to have to walk.

Still, from a tourism standpoint, I'd feel much safer in China right now than I would in the Middle East....as long as I wasn't importing food, pharmaceuticals, toys, or pet products. ;)[/quote]
What's interesting is that it was a worldwide poll, so everyone in the world (who owns a Wii and voted) wants to see the pyramids.

The conclusion that I've come to is that they don't know jack shit of what they want, and that their opinion is below mine damnit!

Would everyone who has the time please do me a solid and go and suggest "Have you already filled up all 100 friend codes?" as a question, with the answers as "Yes, need more room!" and "No, I'm fine."

I'd 'preciate it.

bread's done
Back