Everyone's Having The Same Problem... Right?

Porygon

CAG Veteran
The DS-Lite Control pad seems to have a lot of difficulty doing any diagonal movements. I think I have heard of this problem before, but it seems unusually bad. I really have to put in a lot of effort to do it. I guess it isn't the worst thing in the world for now, but I have a feeling some games in the future are going to give me problems...

Also, has anyone else noticed the outer layer of the DS lite being a bit loose in the area right above the GBA slot?

Thanks.

[quote name='Porygon']The DS-Lite Control pad seems to have a lot of difficulty doing any diagonal movements. I think I have heard of this problem before, but it seems unusually bad. I really have to put in a lot of effort to do it. I guess it isn't the worst thing in the world for now, but I have a feeling some games in the future are going to give me problems...

Also, has anyone else noticed the outer layer of the DS lite being a bit loose in the area right above the GBA slot?

Thanks.[/quote]

Didn't notice the diagnol problem. But yeah, that area of the DS Lite is a bit loose, theres a small gap where the plastic should connect. Didn't really think much of it.

nah, not having any problems with diagonals. and I don't know what you mean by the second question

Yes, I just noticed the same thing the other day. I didn't notice it until I got Lunar and Trace Memory, which are top-view games. It takes more force on the control pad to make the character walk diagonally.
I'm hoping that the pad just needs to be broken in. My brother's SP pad had a similar problem that eventually went away.

I haven't noticed any of the problems some people have reported...loose things inside, screen that gives a bit under pressure, loose volume slider, dead pixels...

My lite is perfecto. yay for me. YAY. Seriously though, I agree with the others...try to break it in as much as possible...if it doesnt improve contact Nintendo customer support and ask them if it should be that way.

I haven't really had to use any diagonal movements but about the only complaints I have about the Lite is the tiny d-pad (could've been a bit bigger, the location of the start/select buttons, and volume slider (should've been an analog wheel like the old GBAs).

[quote name='Metal Boss']Put some sweat into that pad and it'll be right as rain, newb.[/quote]

Hahahahaha, that was hilarious and I don't know why.

And DS > DS Lite, fools.

[quote name='yukine']Hahahahaha, that was hilarious and I don't know why.

And DS > DS Lite, fools.[/quote]

Taste great.... Less Filling.

(geez, I must be dating myself with that old Budweiser commercial)

[quote name='CoconutSport']Taste great.... Less Filling.

(geez, I must be dating myself with that old Budweiser commercial)[/quote]

Yes as apparently Senility has kicked in. It was Miller Lite! #-o

No problems with diags.

I would say the sliders for volume and power a bit rattle-y, but they're not so loose that they move around on their own, causing unexpected behavior while I'm playing. I can push the volume in and out a bit with my finger, but I'm not overly concerned about this (my girlfriend's Lite behaves similarly).

This is my second Lite, because my first came apart a bit too much in the area above the GGA slot. When playing in dim light, you could see a fair amount of light from the bottom screen bleeding through the white plastic. Although others have reported this to some degree, when I inspected my girlfriend's, hers didn't do this at all. So I exchanged it, and my new one is fine.

-HM

bread's done
Back