EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 videocard for $156

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Damn, wish I saw that a week ago. Just built my computer.[/quote]

i know... I just built mine last month #-o

Just FYI that site really sucks. Your items will probably ship from canada and take a couple of weeks to get to you. They're also pretty damn crooked. Back when the 8800GT came out, they sold me and a lot of other people defective cards that had the fanspeed hardwired to 100%. It sounded like a hair dryer, and there was no way to lower the fanspeed...EVER, because the card was missing the wire that allowed speed control. Even after there was an outburst on their forums and they knew the cards were defective, they kept selling them. Eventually got my $$ back but I'd much rather buy from newegg than deal with their antics.

Just bought the superclocked version of this a little over a week ago (for only a few dollars more) and I can verify: this card freekin' screams!

Wow that's a steal. I paid $300 for that card back in September. It is indeed a screamer. Maybe I should buy a second one now to SLI.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Aren't these supposed to plummet in April when the new cards hit?[/QUOTE]

Plummet? Not likely, they probably would drop in price though. This is still ~40% off which is pretty unheard of from graphics cards.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Plummet? Not likely, they probably would drop in price though. This is still ~40% off which is pretty unheard of from graphics cards.[/quote]

Have you seen these prices at any other retailer? I'm in the market for a card myself, but I'm not sure how much I trust the one linked in the OP. If this was somewhere like Newegg or ZZF I'd be all over it for now.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Aren't these supposed to plummet in April when the new cards hit?[/quote]Nvidia isn't releasing new cards, ATI is. They're releasing the 4890 which is supposed to compete with Nvidia's GTX 285. I don't think you'll see prices drop much, if at all, unless you are looking to buy an "older" ATI card i.e. the 4870 maybe. As long as ATI's cards aren't much better than Nvidia's current offering, then I see no reason why prices would drop very much unless you are referring to ATI's own cards.

[quote name='Vegan']Your blue text is really difficult to read without highlighting it.[/quote]

I had to do the same thing!

put core 216 in the title because the core 216 is way better gosh dude i bought my regular 260 back in the day for 350$ and i heard the 216 core runs alot cooler and stuff

[quote name='Tom Ato']I had to do the same thing![/quote]

My bad my friends!! I copied it and did not think much of it... I bring u all love!

bread's done
Back