eVGA GeForce 6800 for $77 AR @ CC

Grimes

CAGiversary!
Saw them today, but the sale starts tomorrow. they are clearanced down to $222, then there is a $150 mail in rebate on them which takes them down to around $77. Not a bad card, and not bad at all for the price. It's an AGP 8X with 128MB of RAM. Here's the link to the card. http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=128-A8-N343-AX&family=17
I know it's not top of the line at the moment, but if you're on a budget and what not it's well worth the investment.

mods: move this if you need to, it kinda related to video games/accessories so...

[quote name='Murcielago77']hot damn. Id jump on this but i dont really need it, nor do i want to spend the money. My 6600gt willl last me[/QUOTE]

i thought the 6600gt's were better than the 6800 standards anywas

6800 is better than 6600GT, check out the vga charts on tomshardware. So where is the rebate ?

hmm, the rebate forms I found expired yesterday !!

Sorry, I forgot to mention. This is in store only from what I can tell, and the rebates don't expire until next month I think, but I'd have to go double check that.

[quote name='phatbunbao']They also have a 256 agp for 19.99 w/ s-video out, in-store only[/QUOTE]

$19.99, the value on the rebate, or what?

I'm looking for an AGP card to upgrade from my 9800 Pro. I have to get AGP because there aren't any mobos that suport S478 and PCI-E (okay, there's one that I found but it seems like a terrible board). I'm not looking for a top of the line card but one that is above average and can run all of the games that are out today. Would this one be something I should pick up?

[quote name='vietgurl']I'm looking for an AGP card to upgrade from my 9800 Pro. I have to get AGP because there aren't any mobos that suport S478 and PCI-E (okay, there's one that I found but it seems like a terrible board). I'm not looking for a top of the line card but one that is above average and can run all of the games that are out today. Would this one be something I should pick up?[/QUOTE]

yea, stay away from that ASROCK dual board thing for S478. This 6800 is a great card. Currently, the best card for the money is probably a 6800GS, but this isnt far behind, and for $77, its a steal

Just for the record, I have an ASRock dual slot (AGP and PCI-E) mobo but it's a 939 pin 64 bit Althon board. I have no complaints about it at all, it works like a charm and cost me a total of $65, I know it looks sketchy, but it's an awesome board for the price, go look at the reviews on newegg.

agp, or agp express?

AGP express is a friggin joke, dont bother with it if you are looking to use a non tested AGP card and dont want to upgrade to PCI-E. Look at the list of supported cards on the mobo's manufacturers site or you might be sorely disappointed, as I was...

I don't see where you can buy these cards for the amount you posted. What do you mean by "in store only", as far as I can tell this store only makes the cards?

i read on some deal site that this card is scanning up at different price at different store. i can confirm this is true. at my cc it is scanning up at $260 dollar.

[quote name='miker8']I don't see where you can buy these cards for the amount you posted. What do you mean by "in store only", as far as I can tell this store only makes the cards?[/QUOTE]

evga manufactures the card. compusa is one of the retailers that carries it, and is where the clearance is taking place. in-store only (compusa.com still displays $299), of course.

no no no no no. NOT CompUSA, CC = Circuit City! I don't know where you got CompUSA from, this is a deal that is only in effect at Circuit City!

[quote name='miker8']I don't see where you can buy these cards for the amount you posted. What do you mean by "in store only", as far as I can tell this store only makes the cards?[/QUOTE]

I only gave you that link to the manufacturer to show you the specs of the card i was refering to. The B&M store where you purchase it at is Circuit City.

My Circuit City still had 1 copy of the 6800 last night when I walked in, but were sold out of the $19.99 after $90 mail-in-rebates 5500s.

The 6800 I saw was listed as $149.99 after $150 mail-in-rebate though, not clearanced to $222, but just the regular $299.99....

was this in an ad or do you hav to go to your store and see if they have it in stock. and where is the rebate? online or a slip in store?

I went to Circuit City and they had the 128mb 6800 for $124 after the $150 mail in rebate. So it looks like the price is not the same at all circuit city stores.

[quote name='Grimes']no no no no no. NOT CompUSA, CC = Circuit City! I don't know where you got CompUSA from, this is a deal that is only in effect at Circuit City![/QUOTE]

yeah... my bad, I was thinking one thing, and wrote another.

[quote name='vietgurl']I'm looking for an AGP card to upgrade from my 9800 Pro. I have to get AGP because there aren't any mobos that suport S478 and PCI-E (okay, there's one that I found but it seems like a terrible board). I'm not looking for a top of the line card but one that is above average and can run all of the games that are out today. Would this one be something I should pick up?[/QUOTE]

Not sure how much of an upgrade the 6800 will be over the 9800 Pro.

Check out Tom's hardware at:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/05/vga_charts_vii/

Seems like it depends on the game...

[quote name='cheapfrag']Not sure how much of an upgrade the 6800 will be over the 9800 Pro.

Seems like it depends on the game...[/QUOTE]

that's true with some of the older games, like half-life 2, yes. with the newer engines of games like FEAR and call of duty 2, the gap will only widen. will it future proof your computer for the next 2 years? no. but it's a hell of an upgrade (if you can find it).

[quote name='cheapfrag']Not sure how much of an upgrade the 6800 will be over the 9800 Pro.

Seems like it depends on the game...[/QUOTE]

I think your being a little hard in your analysis, the 6800 is 30% faster than the 9800 Pro, a full 1000 points higher, and the stats just get better and better as the AA and screen size is pumped up.

Now I do agree the 6800 pale's against the new cards, but for ~100$ it's a killer price/performance combo.

Just in case you missed another post of mine, newegg have the leadtek 6800 refurb (comes with a couple good games), for 120 + tax.

Not 77$, but still a very good deal.

[quote name='mingleje']was this in an ad or do you hav to go to your store and see if they have it in stock. and where is the rebate? online or a slip in store?[/QUOTE]

This what not an advertised price, you just go in the store and see the tag that says $222 with a $150 rebate that takes it down to $77. It is clearanced. The rebate form prints out after the receipt when you purchase it, and this is not available online. Make sure that the tag you guys are looking at has not expired, because this deal just started on Sunday and I know some assosciates are kinda slow. If you want, I'll make you a copy of the tag tomorrow.

[quote name='stoned99']I think your being a little hard in your analysis, the 6800 is 30% faster than the 9800 Pro, a full 1000 points higher, and the stats just get better and better as the AA and screen size is pumped up.

Now I do agree the 6800 pale's against the new cards, but for ~100$ it's a killer price/performance combo.

Just in case you missed another post of mine, newegg have the leadtek 6800 refurb (comes with a couple good games), for 120 + tax.

Not 77$, but still a very good deal.[/QUOTE]

Harsh in my analysis? I said "Not sure" if it was much of an upgrade. I have a 9800 PRO so I was in the same boat as vietgurl wondering if it was worth it. When I looked at the fps at tom's hardware, the 9800 PRO scored higher or close on some of the tests. Based upon that quick look, I said "not sure". I did not say it was absolutely not worth it... Anyway moneypox's reply made a lot of sense - the performance will be more noticable on the newer games.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Harsh in my analysis? I said "Not sure" if it was much of an upgrade. I have a 9800 PRO so I was in the same boat as vietgurl wondering if it was worth it. When I looked at the fps at tom's hardware, the 9800 PRO scored higher or close on some of the tests. Based upon that quick look, I said "not sure". I did not say it was absolutely not worth it... Anyway moneypox's reply made a lot of sense - the performance will be more noticable on the newer games.[/QUOTE]

I had a 9800 pro and upgraded to a Leadtek 6800 LE last year when newegg had them on sale for around $100 for a refurb. I think the upgrade was well worth it cause I was able to unlock all 16 pipes and some 2 extra vertex shaders, its not quite as fast as a 6800 GT but cost way less. Not sure about this card but if you can unlock the extra pipes/ vertex shader and maybe a moderate overclock this would be an excellent upgrade to a 9800 pro.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Harsh in my analysis? I said "Not sure" if it was much of an upgrade. I have a 9800 PRO so I was in the same boat as vietgurl wondering if it was worth it. When I looked at the fps at tom's hardware, the 9800 PRO scored higher or close on some of the tests. Based upon that quick look, I said "not sure". I did not say it was absolutely not worth it... Anyway moneypox's reply made a lot of sense - the performance will be more noticable on the newer games.[/QUOTE]

I think it's better to "Be Sure", when posting. Someone reading quickly through the thread could easily have taken what you said as fact and not did their own research.

What I detected was what smelt a little like thread crapping!!

[quote name='stoned99']I think it's better to "Be Sure", when posting. Someone reading quickly through the thread could easily have taken what you said as fact and not did their own research.

What I detected was what smelt a little like thread crapping!![/QUOTE]
get real!

I confirmed it last night again: The card is $72 and change after a $150 rebate, which doesn't expire until March 3rd.

I can confirm this deal in NYC... the Circuit City on 86th and Lex has 5 cards left... 235-$150 rebates, $85 AR before tax. Not as good as $77, but still, very good deal.

When did you check that CC, zen? I checked the site of every store in NYC for the card and it said they were all unavailable.

May just take the two hour trip there to buy it.

[quote name='whitereflection']When did you check that CC, zen? I checked the site of every store in NYC for the card and it said they were all unavailable.

May just take the two hour trip there to buy it.[/QUOTE]

It said they were all out of stock around me too, but I called and they said they had some in stock. Unfortunately it was 300 bucks (without rebate) still :(

[quote name='Kelcey']It said they were all out of stock around me too, but I called and they said they had some in stock. Unfortunately it was 300 bucks (without rebate) still :([/QUOTE]

Did they scan it? Burbank, CA had one one left today, i was 250 after taxes with 150 rebates...

bread's done
Back