EVGA - GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 GC Question

ZiggyGod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
It will run everything you listed pretty well. The 660ti will of course perform better than the 660, but the numbers are minuscule.

However if you do not have an adequate CPU, you could just end up bottlenecking this GPU.

[quote name='Jaggsta']Hope you didn't pay $250 for normal 660. TD had $189 AR deal few days ago for EVGA GTX660 2gb.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. Don't buy a GPU from Best Buy. Shop around on newegg, tiger direct, etc. You will find a much better deal.

Black Ops 2, Saints Row 3, and Secret World should all be playable at max settings, assuming you're playing at 1920x1080 and not anything higher. Witcher 2, Far Cry 3, and Crysis 3 you could maybe get away with on high. You'd probably take some pretty big FPS hits on ultra though.

Also, as others mentioned, don't go through Best Buy. Much better deals to be had pretty much anywhere else.

[quote name='ZiggyGod']I am going to buy this card by the end of the day. I just want to double check that this card can run games like Witcher 2 EE, FarCry 3, Black Ops 2, Saints Row 3, The Secret World, and Crysis 3 on High-Ultra settings?

Thanks

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/EVGA+-+...218808244387&skuId=6820043#tab=specifications

Also do you think its worth the extra money to get this card instead?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/EVGA+-+...Card/6819757.p?id=1218808240487&skuId=6819757[/QUOTE]

You listed a wide variety of games there. That card is just ok. You wont be running crysis 3 on high let alone ultra.

I'd step up to a GTX 670. That's just me.

Edit: Buying a graphics card from Best Buy?

lol-guy.jpg

[quote name='Waughoo']I'm pretty sure you shouldnt buy anything from Best Buy. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all.

Best Buy can have great deals with rebates, coupons, clearance, price matching and whatnot.

They do tend to take some work to find, but they do happen. Less these days than in years past, but still some.

bread's done
Back