Exchanging an unopen game without receipt

doctor lollypop

CAGiversary!
i recently got Call of duty ghosts as a gift but i'm not really a fan of COD anymore and would rather have gotten battlefield 4. Since it was a gift i didn't get a receipt and don't want to ask for it, i was thinking since its still unopened would i be able to take to a store like bestbuy/gamestop/target/walmart/kmart etc. and do a straight exchange for bf4 since its the same price? or is that not possible

While it's technically within the written policy of Wal-Mart to accept unopened games without a receipt for an even exchange or a gift card for the value, you'd be hard pressed to find one that would actually let you. You might have some luck if you put up a stink to the right person, but as a general rule Wal-Mart now denies returns or exchanges without a receipt for anything over $25.

Last edited by a moderator:
walmart is probably your best shot, but YMMV.  My walmart allows 3 returns w/out receipt, but after that, no more returns.

Long shot - If it was bought at BB and the giver used their reward membership they could verify it and you can do an exchange.

Thanks for your suggestions  ;) 

i took it to walmart At first they didn't want to take at all w/o a receipt but then the person at customer service made a call and said the only thing i could do is exchange it for a game with the exact same price. so i was able to switch the games, i just had to give them my license but w/e at least i got the game i actually wanted.

bread's done
Back