Exchanging Buy 2 get 1 free at Toys R Us

OGHowie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone has tried returning a game after the Buy 2 get 1 free at Toys R Us ended?

One of the employees told me that if I didn't like 3 games to just buy them that day and come back after the special was gone and just trade for another game at a later time. They would allow me to do a straight trade instead of just getting $37 refunded.

I bought several games from Toys R Us that I have no interest in (with the intention of exchanging them later on once TRU got their inventory restocked). They didn't have Tekken 4 or Kingdon Hearts for PS2, and they were out of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and Splinter Cell for Xbox. If they won't let me exchange what I've got, I'll return them all for a refund. If they want to keep my sale, they'll have to make this customer happy.

the problem is if you want to exchange the free one with other game. I think they would not allow you. If They allow you to exchange the free one with other game, please post it here. Thanks

For the other two I am pretty sure you will be able to exchange them.

Last year I returned all 3 games and got store credit for the value of all 3 games, but I didn't use the store credit to buy 3 more games, but If I wanted to, I'm sure I could of.

[quote name='Lint21']I've been able to exchange the free game twice now with no problems. Two different stores, too.[/quote]

I went to 2 different store, and they didn't let me exchange the game with the zero price. :x

[quote name='racerman8'][quote name='Lint21']I've been able to exchange the free game twice now with no problems. Two different stores, too.[/quote]

I went to 2 different store, and they didn't let me exchange the game with the zero price. :x[/quote]

did you use gif recieipt or the actual receipt?

[quote name='Indonesia'][quote name='racerman8'][quote name='Lint21']I've been able to exchange the free game twice now with no problems. Two different stores, too.[/quote]

I went to 2 different store, and they didn't let me exchange the game with the zero price. :x[/quote]

did you use gif recieipt or the actual receipt?[/quote]

Yeah I'd like to know the same thing. Seems like it would be easier to exchange with the gift receipt?

I bought THUG,Crimson sky,and got Jak 2 for free,took back THUG a week
later and traded it for True Crime.No problems :D

I took 2 back right after the new releases came out that I wanted. It was about 2 weeks after the purchase. No problems at all. I just made sure to exchange for games of hte same sticker price.

Just tried it at the City of Industry, CA store. They said alot of people have been doing this so the lady wouldn't let me. I just got the amount refunded to my cc. Oh well.

Go back they should have no problem exchanging it if its sealed and within the limits demand a manager.

Ok I went in to exchange mine for two games and they didnt have them. 1 was beyond good and evil the other was MP5.

Anyway I asked for a credit, thinking they would write out a receipt or something so that I could get two $39.99 games later.

She gave me all of my money back on the two games!!?! So I got Viewtiful Joe for free! I couldnt believe it and i am still considering going back in to tell them.

bread's done
Back