Excite Truck (not dead yet!)

Good god this game is fun. I'm still playing off my Gamefly save frtom months ago and picked up right where I left off. This thread made me finally get it from Goozex, and it's worth all 650 points. I generally hate racing games but can't get enough of this. Been playing again for about four days.

Great game but I am stuck trying to beat the final track in mirror mode. I have to back and try again. I just rented MX vs. ATV and I get so pissed about how easy it is to go out of bounds. Excite Truck is hands down a better game even though MX vs. ATV has many more gameplay options.

Man, I can't find this game anywhere for under $20. Been looking forever too...

I hear ya. Everywhere I look, this game is $37.99 - $39.99 used. What gives? Where are some people finding this for $12?

I wonder if the Wii Wheel will be compatible with Excite Truck... or if that's even a good idea or not. Seems like it would be a good fit.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']It's a fantastic game. There just isn't enough content to warrant 49.99 plus tax.
HOWEVER, 16.96 plus tax at Circuit City is perfect.[/quote]

Damn! I've gotta go to CC tonight or tomorrow!

I rented this with a friend one weekend, and had a blast. I just couldn't pull the trigger at full price. But for $20, I would gladly pick it up.

[quote name='Starkraving']I hear ya. Everywhere I look, this game is $37.99 - $39.99 used. What gives? Where are some people finding this for $12?

I wonder if the Wii Wheel will be compatible with Excite Truck... or if that's even a good idea or not. Seems like it would be a good fit.[/quote]

CC has it for $16.96 but they are giving an extra 33% off on clearance games for this week only. It will be hard to find since it was clearanced out at the beginning of March.

I called the local store, and they indeed had zero copies in stock.

Damn it. I wish I would've seen this when it originally went on clearance. I have been waiting for the pricedrop.

[quote name='Starkraving']I hear ya. Everywhere I look, this game is $37.99 - $39.99 used. What gives? Where are some people finding this for $12?

I wonder if the Wii Wheel will be compatible with Excite Truck... or if that's even a good idea or not. Seems like it would be a good fit.[/QUOTE]

I would say completely unnecessary.

I actually placed the controller flat on my knees/lap (for example) and tilted it like a teeter totter to steer. I didn't hold it up in the air, and I didn't twist it like a wheel.

quality quality game.

and you actually need the face of the controller facing the ceiling. you don't steer like a wheel but rather tilt.

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']quality quality game.

and you actually need the face of the controller facing the ceiling. you don't steer like a wheel but rather tilt.[/quote]
I have always played with the face of the controller pretty much facing me like a steering wheel, not the ceiling, and it works just as well (I'm just missing a couple S ranks now). I think it's a nice touch that the tilt works either way.

[quote name='Snake2715']Do you arms not get tired holding the conrtoller out like that?[/quote]
I don't hold my arms straight out or anything; I usually rest my elbows on the back of the couch or on my body depending on how I'm sitting, but there have been plenty of races that I've really gotten in to where my arms are out and slightly bent without resting on anything and I've never gotten tired from it.

I just worked my way through the normal Excite Truck mode with all S rankings a few nights ago. There were quite a few races that gave me a lot of trouble in the gold and platinum cups, I can't imagine how difficult they will be in Super Excite mode. It's an addicting game.

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']It is dropping in price now. I think I might have to get this now. :)[/quote]

I hope this is the case. Like others have stated, it's good, but not $50 good.

In case you can't find it at CC (well, I didn't), it's also on clearance at Kmart for $25. Well better than paying $35 for a used copy at EB/GS.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Like others have stated, it's good, but not $50 good.[/QUOTE]
Heathen! Excite Truck IS $50 good! Work your way up to Mirror Mode, get your ass kicked the whole way, and you'll see just how effing awesome this game is...

--R.J.

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']quality quality game.

and you actually need the face of the controller facing the ceiling. you don't steer like a wheel but rather tilt.[/quote]
I have always played with the face of the controller pretty much facing me like a steering wheel, not the ceiling, and it works just as well (I'm just missing a couple S ranks now). I think it's a nice touch that the tilt works either way.

[quote name='Snake2715']Do you arms not get tired holding the conrtoller out like that?[/quote]
I don't hold my arms straight out or anything; I usually rest my elbows on the back of the couch or on my body depending on how I'm sitting, but there have been plenty of races that I've really gotten in to where my arms are out and slightly bent without resting on anything and I've never gotten tired from it.

I just worked my way through the normal Excite Truck mode with all S rankings a few nights ago. There were quite a few races that gave me a lot of trouble in the gold and platinum cups, I can't imagine how difficult they will be in Super Excite mode. It's an addicting game.

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']It is dropping in price now. I think I might have to get this now. :)[/quote]

I hope this is the case. Like others have stated, it's good, but not $50 good.

In case you can't find it at CC (well, I didn't), it's also on clearance at Kmart for $25. Well better than paying $35 for a used copy at EB/GS.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Like others have stated, it's good, but not $50 good.[/QUOTE]
Heathen! Excite Truck IS $50 good! Work your way up to Mirror Mode, get your ass kicked the whole way, and you'll see just how effing awesome this game is...

--R.J.

[quote name='rjung']Heathen! Excite Truck IS $50 good! Work your way up to Mirror Mode, get your ass kicked the whole way, and you'll see just how effing awesome this game is...[/quote]
Yeah, I'm wishing I hadn't been SUCH a cheapass on this one; it's definitely much better than I ever expected. I've got almost all the S ranks on Normal Mode now and just discovered Challenge Mode last night. I have to say, I've played a LOT of races to get the S ranks I have (I'm pretty bad) and I have not even touched on getting bored. With the varying paths and reshaping landscapes, the replayability on this is incredible, and I haven't even gotten to Excite Mode or Mirror Mode.

[quote name='rjung']Heathen! Excite Truck IS $50 good! Work your way up to Mirror Mode, get your ass kicked the whole way, and you'll see just how effing awesome this game is...

--R.J.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 10000000% percent.

RD

bread's done
Back