Exclusive CAG offer on Second Sight (PS2, Xbox, GC) pre-order from Gamestop

Thanks for your comments, CheapyD. Yeah I agree that Free Radical does indeed have faith in the GC. I heard that some of the employees from that company are ex-Rare employees, which would know the GC hardware very well. The GC version it is then.

[quote name='kraid']Thanks for your comments, CheapyD. Yeah I agree that Free Radical does indeed have faith in the GC. I heard that some of the employees from that company are ex-Rare employees, which would know the GC hardware very well. The GC version it is then.[/quote]

actually, rare wouldn't know the gc hardware at all, since they've being doing xb stuff this generation. but yeah, i think free radical still like to support nintendo when given the chance.

Thank you again Cheapy D for this offer. I suggest everyone take advantage of this and help Cheapy D keep CAG alive and kickin'. This site is my friggin' homepage and Cheapy D has givin' us nothing but love when it comes to cheap games. He's like a second father to all of us... right? *looks around* God bless you Cheapy D.

does the DVD come with the Cube version too? On the GC page it says the Bonus DVD is available when you order the PS2 Version.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='kraid']Thanks for your comments, CheapyD. Yeah I agree that Free Radical does indeed have faith in the GC. I heard that some of the employees from that company are ex-Rare employees, which would know the GC hardware very well. The GC version it is then.[/quote]

actually, rare wouldn't know the gc hardware at all, since they've being doing xb stuff this generation. but yeah, i think free radical still like to support nintendo when given the chance.[/quote]

Rare worked with Nintendo and the GC before they went onto the Xbox. Rare got to know the GC hardware good and released Star Fox Adventures before being transferred to MS. Some employees were frusterated to have to learn about new hardware, the Xbox. Also, some employees left Rare and are part of Free Radical now. Timesplitters 2 was a great GC game and so I believe that this game will also be great on the GC.

"An awesome single-player game that combines stealth, gunplay and environmental manipulation"
"Utterly wondrous" "One of those great moments in gaming... bizarre and entirely unique."
"Stylish, melodramatic in the best comic book fashion and simply brimming over with astonishing detail and play-your-own-way flexibility. It’s an adventure you really shouldn’t miss out on. Buy it!" - 9 out of 10
Xbox World - Game of the Month - 2nd August 2004

I had the following email show up this morning, about my pre-order of Second Sight for the XBox:

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Second Sight

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=210625&affid=1

Old Release Date - 9/14/2004
New Release Date - 9/21/2004

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime.
GameStop.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most accurate release dates possible.

Looks like it's slipped a week or so. Hopefully we won't get another one like this, that puts it out in say, 2005. :shock:

[quote name='shrike4242']I had the following email show up this morning, about my pre-order of Second Sight for the XBox:

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Second Sight

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=210625&affid=1

Old Release Date - 9/14/2004
New Release Date - 9/21/2004

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime.
GameStop.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most accurate release dates possible.

Looks like it's slipped a week or so. Hopefully we won't get another one like this, that puts it out in say, 2005. :shock:[/quote]
If I remember corectly Timesplitters 2 was pushed back several times, so it might happen.

I got in for the PS2 version last night. Thanks Cheapy! Looking forward to more exclusive CAG deals. Also got that same email pushing it back a week.

i guess i'll go for it.
we have a month and some and now a little more to get the money, so i'll work it out.

going xbox version of course. and just a note cuz i was going to wait on this one a while and didn't notice until a second ago.

Sunday is the deadline for this deal.

thanks cheapy, guess using the links to buy from gamestop.com really does make a difference.

I had a little bit of trouble figuring out where to put the coupon code (I missed it the first time I saw the cart), but I ordered a copy for the Xbox.

[quote name='CheapyD']Apparently there are some early reviews from UK mags on GameFAQs.
I don't know what NGC is but they gave it a 90%
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=919913&topic=15545197

OXM UK gave it an 8/10
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000100&topic=15563713

So, which version should I get....Xbox or PS2?[/quote]

Hey Cheapy did you decide on what version yet? I'm still looking for some more opinions before I decide....

Some factors I'm weighing:

PS2 runs @ 30 fps, I can use codebreaker if I get stuck (in addition to regular codes)..

Xbox runs @ 60 fps, no need for Memory card, graphics likely to be the best, unlikely to have codes....

[quote name='mrg']Where do you put the coupon code. I cannot find it. Arrgghhh.[/quote]
Top left hand corner on the shopping cart screen.

[quote name='cruzincontrol'][quote name='CheapyD']Apparently there are some early reviews from UK mags on GameFAQs.

OXM UK gave it an 8/10

Hey Cheapy did you decide on what version yet? I'm still looking for some more opinions before I decide....

PS2 runs @ 30 fps, I can use codebreaker if I get stuck (in addition to regular codes)..

Xbox runs @ 60 fps, no need for Memory card, graphics likely to be the best, unlikely to have codes....[/quote]
Yeah, I went Xbox.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='cruzincontrol'][quote name='CheapyD']Apparently there are some early reviews from UK mags on GameFAQs.

OXM UK gave it an 8/10

Xbox runs @ 60 fps, no need for Memory card, graphics likely to be the best, unlikely to have codes....[/quote]
Yeah, I went Xbox.[/quote]

Well this sealed the deal for me i'll be ordering it for Da 'Box...hope u get more cheap ass deals like these in the future Cheapy "Bot"

We'll you finally got me, this is the first time I have pre-ordered a game since Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time. Any idea whether you'll get feedback from GS about if this cross-promotion of sorts was a success or not?

Did everyone else recieve a confirmation email? I didn't, and I lost my order #.. great, huh? I need to know if I should re order it?

[quote name='o6x37']Did everyone else recieve a confirmation email? I didn't, and I lost my order #.. great, huh? I need to know if I should re order it?[/quote]

Go to "My Account", then login, on the page that loads up there should be a clickable order number, that should be your order.

[quote name='o6x37']Did everyone else recieve a confirmation email? I didn't, and I lost my order #.. great, huh? I need to know if I should re order it?[/quote]

I always get my confirmation email within seconds of the order completing.on the website.

Then again, there's always printing the order page. :p

Now a days I don't really buy games until they have a price drop but too support CAG i'll do it. Getitng the cube version. For all the money I save with other deals the least I could do is support this website with an awesome deal.

i ordered it last night, first game i've pre-ordered since pokemon silver(still haven't for halo 2 but will)

like CouRagouS said lets get a count, if Cheapy could start a poll on this to have everyone who did it say they did and if they missed it but wanted too, and anything else that would be a good choice

Yea I was just gonna go through the posts and count the people who said they got in but then of course theres probably a few who went in on the deal and didn't post a thanks...

I completely for got to get this deal last night when I was playing RS3. That's what I get for waiting untill the last minute.

I can't wait for the game. I never pre-order a game i don't know much about(i did read about the storyline in nintendo power) but I have been hearing bits and pieces of the game and all I have to say is i don't think i need a night light on because my t.v. will be on all night(i hope)

This arrived in my email this morning from Gamestop:

Receive FREE Overnight Shipping and a Bonus DVD when you use Coupon code: SCNDSGHT (See below for coupon details)

"There's no denying it, we're excited for Second Sight." - IGN

Ships 9/21 - Combining an atmospheric, psychological thriller narrative with stealthy exploration and intense shooter action, Second Sight gives players control of a character endowed with incredible psychic abilities. The game offers multiple approaches to completing levels either via stealth, dramatic gunplay, psychic powers or a combination of all three. For more information or to order your copy click here!

Coupon Details: Must use coupon at checkout where prompted and click "ACTIVATE". Limited time offer. One discount per customer. Continental U.S. customers only.

Looks like Cheapy was ahead of the curve on this one, though seems like the same deal we had.

Say, got the PS2 version in the mail today and I just had a question, Is the bonus disc with extras inside the case or did it come loose in the box for everyone else?

Mines not in the box and I don't want to open up the game if the bonus disc is not in there.

[quote name='CheapyD']It came in a seperate sleeve, outside of the game case.[/quote]

Thanks, guess I get to have it out with customer service department :(

Looks like I'm not alone. I've been searching all over the net trying to find out how the Bonus disc is packaged with the game.

I ordered the GC version and while the packing list shows a "Premium DVD," I've got nothing other than the game in the box. If the game is not in the case (As Cheapy says), I guess I get to look forward to waiting on hold for GameStop support...

My copy arrived today, via the overnight shipping, with the DVD, shrinkwrapped and sitting next to the game, in the box.

It was an XBox copy I bought.

bread's done
Back