exclusive labor day weekend ibuypower coupon

dealfish124

CAG Veteran
iBUYPOWER is offering 7% off all their system with FREE 3 DAY RUSH to get you the system before school begins. Just enter the code "RUSH" to use the discount. I received this coupon from ibuypower's twitter account.

Id be VERY careful with ordering anything from ibuypower. They have GREAT prices, but also have a reputation for sometimes sending out crap.

I got my main PC and my laptop from them and have loved both (My laptop's still running great and it's over 3 years old)

However, the 7% off isn't all that huge of a stretch, since they usually will offer a 5% discount pretty often. Still, I'd recommend them.

I'm typing this on an 8-yr old ibuypower PC. Ok, I did just replace the power supply about a month ago. Other than that, no problems. I have added RAM and storage to it,, and have replaced the CPU with a faster one, and not because the old CPU was having problems. Also upgraded from a CD-RW to a DVD+-RW, upgraded the graphics card a couple of times, and added other peripherals. It was a pretty decent gaming platform right up to when Battlefiled Vietnam was released. After that, most of my gaming has been on the consoles. It's REALLY showing its age though, but still good enough for surfing. Haven't had really bad experience with them.

Just my $0.02.

Look at any of the sites that do reviews on these places.

Yes Ibuypower is one of the cheapest computer manufacturers you will ever find, but they also screw up TONS of orders. (I spent like 6 months figuring out where to buy my pc since I was spending a huge chunk of cash).

IMO the best bet is buy the parts from newegg and put it together yourself.

The second best bet is to buy the parts from newegg and have someone else put it together (or hire someone to do it for you for like 50-100$).

That way you will know youre getting quality parts and having things done correctly.

I wouldn't buy from that place if I were you. I had to help a friend (who spoke very little English) straighten things out with them after purchasing faulty hardware TWICE (first time the power supply went bust, and then the second time the motherboard was DOA). Also, it took them over a month to ship his order. I examined the PC when it arrived and it was something I could've built for less than $800 (he paid $1400) and within 1 hour if I had the parts ready. Then after speaking on the phone with their horribly train CSR numerous times, it took them two months to refund his money, and they also deducted shipping from his refund.

Stay away, they're a pain to deal with.

I have to echo the others sentiment on caution when dealing with them. I've bought from them twice, the first PC was fine and I had no problems. Never talked to customer service.

The second one shipped with a bad video card. They told me to send it back (I had to pay for shipping), and when I got it back it was still not working. After waiting over 3 weeks for the video card to "come back in stock" I then spent 4 weeks (and hours and hours on hold) trying to get a refund. Finally I was permitted to send the computer back for a refund again minus shipping costs.

This was a couple years ago, but in dealing with their CS I promised to let everyone know about my disastrous experience.

If you order, good luck and I just hope you never need their CS department.

[quote name='dealfish124']iBUYPOWER is offering 7% off all their system with FREE 3 DAY RUSH to get you the system before school begins. Just enter the code "RUSH" to use the discount. I received this coupon from ibuypower's twitter account.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
How is their service? It wouldn't be worth if not for good service.

A lot must've changed then since I bought from them (it was 8 years ago). And I'm a bit handy with PC maintenance. They were probably a smaller company back then. Looks like they didn't scale their operations well when they got bigger?

As with any major purchases, I suppose all you can say is..."Caveat Emptor."

If you get a working system, they are a great deal. There are HUNDREDS of complaints about their service though. When you buy online, you should NEVER buy from a company that sends you a bad product and then expects YOU to pay for shipping back. Their customer service is notoriously bad. There seems to be a good chance you will have a problem, and then you will wish you had paid extra for the computer.

It's not just their customer service, but sending my friend bad hardware TWICE out of the box is just bad QA (how did something as simple as bad power supply and defect motherboard get past their supposed "extensive" testing phase is beyond my understanding). Also the fact that it takes ages for them to respond to your inquiries, and you'd have to call them every single day to ask for a shipping status or refund. these guys wastes your money and time, stay far FAR away.

I was thinking about buying a computer from them since I didn't really want to hassle with building it myself. I sent them an e-mail with a couple questions about system configurations, and they never responded. That was enough for me to steer clear of them.

Yeah, the general consensus is that IBuyPower and CyberpowerPC aren't really all that trustworthy and they do overcharge a bit.

If you're looking into having a PC built, I keep hearing that www.ecollegepc.com is actually a good bet. Their prices are pretty reasonable, and they've gotten a lot of good reviews. Granted, I've never gotten a computer from them before because I had my current computer built by my brother, but if you don't want to mess with that there are places that'll build custom computers for you. EcollegePC just happens to be one of the better ones I've heard of.

bread's done
Back