experience of wireless controller for nes, snes and genesis system

pochaccoheaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
i've been interested in wanting to buy a wireless controller for my nes system. i've been looking at several of them, such as the one from acclaim and would like feedback from people about these wireless controllers. i have seen some video review of some of them but there is something that is often missing in the video.

what is often missing is the responsiveness of the signal. if you look at all the reviews of the retron 3, the wireless infrafred controllers are very poor in it's signal responsiveness because it has to be directly in front of the receiver. How much freedom does one have with these wireless controllers from the past for these systems?

second, reviewers don't often mention the battery life of the wireless controllers. today, every reviewer would discuss the battery life of the ps3 or wii controllers, but reviewers often neglect to mention how long these old wireless controllers last.

if you have one of these wireless controllers for your nes, please post you responses. thanks!

I have used the Generation NEX wireless controllers for the NES by Messiah entertainment. They are excellent! The buttons feel great and they are very responsive. I found them to be as close to the wired controllers in those aspects as possible. They run on 2.4GHz so you don't need to worry about treating them like IR ones.

I would recommend them.

[quote name='M_Carp']I have used the Generation NEX wireless controllers for the NES by Messiah entertainment. They are excellent! The buttons feel great and they are very responsive. I found them to be as close to the wired controllers in those aspects as possible. They run on 2.4GHz so you don't need to worry about treating them like IR ones.

I would recommend them.[/QUOTE]

i've seen the generation nex wireless controller. the d-pad looks uncomfortable. the dpad looks like the nes advantage, the nintendo controller with that slider dpad. what the hell was nintendo thinking. i wish someone made an nes controller like the generation nex wireless except without that joystick look.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']i've seen the generation nex wireless controller. the d-pad looks uncomfortable. the dpad looks like the nes advantage, the nintendo controller with that slider dpad. what the hell was nintendo thinking. i wish someone made an nes controller like the generation nex wireless except without that joystick look.[/QUOTE]

You know - the joystick wasn't as bad as I remember the old slider controller being. I definitely prefer a normal dpad, but the one on the generation NEX controllers wasn't too hard to get used to. The thing that I thought was unnecessary and weird were the turbo and slow buttons. It is still the best wireless controller that I have found so far.

bread's done
Back